Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official things I miss from my youth thread

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,072
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We’re paying like $.50 a gallon for gulftane now.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    Very few things honestly.

Maybe the dope ass halfpipe I helped my friend build before I lost touch with him for ten years and he died of a heroin overdose.

Maybe goldeneye
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I miss WASHINGTON, dammit

My entire life's trajectory- i.e., where I went to school, who I procreated with, etc, is based off that one season of football.
    Which degenerate hive of scum and villainy you participate in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

My entire life's trajectory- i.e., where I went to school, who I procreated with, etc, is based off that one season of football.
    That was trying to track down the @RaceBannon and @iDawg pod.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

But no 91 Dwags, no @YellowSnow purple alumnus, and no chinterest (or even awareness) of the esteemed halfwits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Riding dirt bikes.

When I was in high school I had a Husqvarna 430XC, and we'd go riding almost every weekend. My old man would have me and my brother load the bikes in the trailer on Saturday night, and Sunday morning we'd meet up for breakfast with a dozen other bike guys and figure out where we were going. Back then, we could unload the bikes at the fairgrounds in Shelton and ride all the way out to Dayton Peak and back without any problems. We'd go down to Bend and race the High Desert 100 every year, and camp out up on the Little Naches river every summer and ride bikes all day and fuck off around the campfire at night.

That fucking bike was so fun to ride. But it's a young man's sport - unless you want to be half crippled by the time you get to my age, so I kinda gave up riding when I had young kids and had to pay for all the riding shit myself. I'd sure like to climb on that bike again and see if I live through it.

Free Pub!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

But no 91 Dwags, no @YellowSnow purple alumnus, and no chinterest (or even awareness) of the esteemed halfwits.
    Were it not for the '91 Dwags, I end up some mediocre fly fishing guide in Missoula, MT, married to a 5'2" hippie chick.
    She would probably do butt stuff, though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,646
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All you need to be a golfer is goofy pants and a fat ass.

Gold jacket. Green jacket. Who gives a shit?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,768
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Riding dirt bikes.

When I was in high school I had a Husqvarna 430XC, and we'd go riding almost every weekend. My old man would have me and my brother load the bikes in the trailer on Saturday night, and Sunday morning we'd meet up for breakfast with a dozen other bike guys and figure out where we were going. Back then, we could unload the bikes at the fairgrounds in Shelton and ride all the way out to Dayton Peak and back without any problems. We'd go down to Bend and race the High Desert 100 every year, and camp out up on the Little Naches river every summer and ride bikes all day and fuck off around the campfire at night.

That fucking bike was so fun to ride. But it's a young man's sport - unless you want to be half crippled by the time you get to my age, so I kinda gave up riding when I had young kids and had to pay for all the riding shit myself. I'd sure like to climb on that bike again and see if I live through it.

I thought that was a chainsaw company?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    How about when blink 182s main singer was the one dude and not the emo guy.

They had like 2 albums afterward and no one cared

Plenty of better emo bands
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How about when blink 182s main singer was the one dude and not the emo guy.

They had like 2 albums afterward and no one cared

Plenty of better emo bands

I went to school with Tom DeLonge (apparently) and I couldn’t tell you the name of one of their songs.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Riding dirt bikes.

I thought that was a chainsaw company?
    Yep. And sewing machines. And the logo is actually a view down a rifle, with the barrel and front and rear sight profile on top. I've seen a Husqvarna bike, sewing machine and chain saw, but never one of their rifles.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unfortunately, you can't really see a Husqvarna bike anymore, either. They're now just KTMs with white plastics.