Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck these Okies

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
This isn't their fucking team.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yeah, it's Clay Bennett's team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hear you Billy, but it's their team. They play in OKC and the fans there have nothing to do with Bennett moving the team there. When/If Seattle poaches a team, it's going to be the Sonics, and it will be Seattle's team. It's the nature of the beast.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm starting to doubt whether Seattle will ever get a team. The nba blocking a move from Sacramento to Seattle that would have raised the value of all their franchises is a pretty clear indication of their M.O
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Yeah, it's Clay Bennett's team.

They are not your Seahawks they are Paul Allen's
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

I'm starting to doubt whether Seattle will ever get a team. The nba blocking a move from Sacramento to Seattle that would have raised the value of all their franchises is a pretty clear indication of their M.O

Seattle is more valuable to the NBA without a team. Every owner can now threaten to move if the city won't build them a new arena.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I hear you Billy, but it's their team. They play in OKC and the fans there have nothing to do with Bennett moving the team there. When/If Seattle poaches a team, it's going to be the Sonics, and it will be Seattle's team. It's the nature of the beast.

Hopefully Seattle can get an expansion team instead. It's not like they've made more $ in Okieville than they would've in Seattle, not with the extra TV money they would have made. So it's not just a pure business decision. That makes it even worse.

The NBA seems to love being the only game in town (Utah, Sac - I like to call Sacramento Sac, San Antonio, Memphis, Portland, Orlando). I don't know enough about sports marketing to know why, but the fact their product is worse than it was in the 80s and 90s and they can be the only game in town probably has something to do with it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Plus it's fucking Oklahoma. If they had moved to KC, St. Louis, Buffalo or other real sports towns, okay. Moving there is like moving to Birmingham, El Paso, Tucson, Omaha or insert city without a team here.

People left Oklahoma in droves in the 30s. It's a fucking shit place with bad farming land that everyone laughs at.