Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cohen's response?

What would she say if approached by a big-time Husky booster who told her:

"We've got a group together who want to make UW competitive immediately for elite recruits in football and men's basketball. However much it costs, we're all in and we're willing to do whatever it takes. It's pretty obvious by what we're seeing at Texas A&M and elsewhere that the NCAA is not going to get involved. We've sent word of this plan to DeBoer and Hopkins and they told us to speak with you. We just want you to know before we get started."

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Thank you for your concern but without stopping the lunatic fringe part of our fan base from being critical of these student athletes on social media no amount of money will improve these kids college experience. Thats what they tell me when we sit for tea and cry about how unfair life is for everyone, but especially D1 athletes. I'm going to have to pass. Hard pass."

Sound about right?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,801
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She wouldn't bother responding. She's a low effort hack
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    “But is that the right direction to go for our student athletes. I have concerns about where this NiL thing is going.”
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow what a incredible gesture. Let me talk with our legal and compliant department to make sure it's something we can be associated with and sign off on. I will definitely put this on fast track, and should have a answer back to you in early 2025 after the new Washington State Governor is sworn in.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    “How will this help our Greatest Setting in College Football advertising campaign?”
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2022
    After doing extensive research indicating that donors to UW Athletics are a dying breed, we have reached out to the local mortuary and cemetery community to assist our legacy donation and NIL fundraising efforts ~ and can't help but think that your efforts could dovetail nicely with what we are working on.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Fuck it...Pea Patch it all."
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Karen? Karen, can you help this gentleman? Maybe a nice post showing a cute puppy playing with a ball in the park? Oh, wait ... no ... how about one with you looking like you're making a really hard decision on whether to eat frozen yogurt or ice cream!"