Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest 70s One Hit Wonder - "Pop/Soft Rock" Edition

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Looking Glass
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Two that you're definitely missing here:

"Baby Come Back" by Player

"Magnet & Steel" by Walter Egan

I take it you’ve listened to yacht rock radio on Sirius XM a couple times?
    A summer favorite … particularly on the golf course
    Please tell me you wear ear buds or at least keep the shit low enough that only you have to hear it on the golf course.
    I never blast it loud enough that you can hear it outside of my group and always turn it down when approaching another group on the tee box

My friends generally expect that I’m going to throw it on from time to time in the summer … but I also play a huge variety as well

Last round I played had the Nirvana station going the entire time … shot a 78 at Gold Mountain so it’s probably going to stick in the rotation for a bit
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    I just like the opportunity to call Yella a Row Peter Puffer cake eater.

Younger Hooligan, sadly still too short for Yella, used to have a heavy rotation of KJR and KZOK, mixed in with some KBSG. Good tims. Fun fact, I'm horrible generally with artists who performed the songs. I loved and still love Baker Street Gerry Rafferty and it took me about 6 years to finally figure out the artist and song. It was just last year it dawned on me he had another hit with Right Down the Line, a song I also know and enjoy, but had no clue who the artist was.

All that being said, my vote goes for The Knack with My Sharona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbr60I0u2Ng

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022
    Come and Get Your Love - Swaye's Redbone
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Please tell me you wear ear buds or at least keep the shit low enough that only you have to hear it on the golf course.
    @chuck tell me you are not disrespecting Yacht Rock. Otherwise, we shall need to meet at the 7-11 on Aurora and duel.

The Throbber will take you to your knees with his Steely Dans and John Ford Coleys and make you beg for mercy.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just like the opportunity to call Yella a Row Peter Puffer cake eater.

Younger Hooligan, sadly still too short for Yella, used to have a heavy rotation of KJR and KZOK, mixed in with some KBSG. Good tims. Fun fact, I'm horrible generally with artists who performed the songs. I loved and still love Baker Street Gerry Rafferty and it took me about 6 years to finally figure out the artist and song. It was just last year it dawned on me he had another hit with Right Down the Line, a song I also know and enjoy, but had no clue who the artist was.

All that being said, my vote goes for The Knack with My Sharona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbr60I0u2Ng

I’ll have you know @huskyhooligan that my cake eater self own the Gerry Rafferty City to City album on vinyl. Bought for $3 at Golden Oldies on NE 45th.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I never blast it loud enough that you can hear it outside of my group and always turn it down when approaching another group on the tee box

My friends generally expect that I’m going to throw it on from time to time in the summer … but I also play a huge variety as well

Last round I played had the Nirvana station going the entire time … shot a 78 at Gold Mountain so it’s probably going to stick in the rotation for a bit
    Good man. I didn't mean to insult your selection. It's the loud music on the course thats kind of a new thing to me and really bugs me. Last summer ended a 5 year break where I only played a handful of times per year. I was shocked at what the increase in golf had done to on-course manners and etiquette. There are a lot more jagoffs out there who don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry
    How can one pass on lyrics like this.

If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal
    If her daddy's poor just do what you feel
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
    The hook on Pina Colada is almost perfect
  • Options
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Good man. I didn't mean to insult your selection. It's the loud music on the course thats kind of a new thing to me and really bugs me. Last summer ended a 5 year break where I only played a handful of times per year. I was shocked at what the increase in golf had done to on-course manners and etiquette. There are a lot more jagoffs out there who don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.
    I try to avoid those courses and play based on location and/or price

If I’m out playing as a single with a course that is well spaced with nobody around me I will turn it up louder for sure

You can definitely strike a balance between it being loud enough to hear/enjoy and having a dance party
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If I’m out playing as a single with a course that is well spaced with nobody around me I will turn it up louder for sure

You can definitely strike a balance between it being loud enough to hear/enjoy and having a dance party
    We don't allow music on the course at my Bushwood @Tequilla .
  • Options

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree … I’ve played it at your course and told the Judge to FUCK OFF
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dancing in The Moonlight - King Harvest
    Free Pub!!!?!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,334
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dancing in The Moonlight - King Harvest
    If we're gonna schlep Steve Miller into the one-hit wonder pile, I'm fucking out.

He's still kicking ass at 103 years old, and I see him whenever I get the chance. His shows are two hours of hits from the most formative years of my life. Praise Jeebus for the Pompatus of Love.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Trash as fuck Seattle folks. What is the world coming to?
    Pure twash. I ranger 4 hours a week locally and get members benefits for it. I'm going to campaign to either ban music or at least post a verbose sign explaining how to have it without violating the rules.

A couple of friends and I might meander down your way this spring or early summer for a couple of marathon days and hit a few courses. We've been talking about it since august. You're invited if it happens. I'll let you know.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Pure twash. I ranger 4 hours a week locally and get members benefits for it. I'm going to campaign to either ban music or at least post a verbose sign explaining how to have it without violating the rules.

A couple of friends and I might meander down your way this spring or early summer for a couple of marathon days and hit a few courses. We've been talking about it since august. You're invited if it happens. I'll let you know.
    Downvoted for your hatred of relaxing music while playing a maddening game with cocktails

I’ll only play Yellow Pisser’s course going forward if I’m playing with Yellow Pisser
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Downvoted for your hatred of relaxing music while playing a maddening game with cocktails

I’ll only play Yellow Pisser’s course going forward if I’m playing with Yellow Pisser
    I'm a mentally fragile golfer, I admit it. I don't like attention grabbing noise when I'm hitting.

I've never played in Yella's area strangely enough. I dont know what he calls his home course, but there are a handful of places in the area that any serious golfer in the NW should check off at some point. It's past time. I think my group gets stay and play at Sun River for free or nearly free as one of us is a big wig in that company. We'll probably play two rounds there and branch out after.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm a mentally fragile golfer, I admit it. I don't like attention grabbing noise when I'm hitting.

I've never played in Yella's area strangely enough. I dont know what he calls his home course, but there are a handful of places in the area that any serious golfer in the NW should check off at some point. It's past time. I think my group gets stay and play at Sun River for free or nearly free as one of us is a big wig in that company. We'll probably play two rounds there and branch out after.
    The HH Central Oregon meet up is gonna be lit!

@chuck gonna take off the gloves with @Tequilla .

@dflea getting out the HS wrastling gear for @TurdBomber .

• Options
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Definitely should aim to play Crosswater and Pronghorn if you can … Bend is one of my favorite places to play golf
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Earl Woods jingled coins like Seve and yelled during Tiger's back swing when Tiger was growing up. Sounds like your dads let you down