Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Michigan State Is Benchmark Game for DeBoer and Winnable

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

That game has the potential for a Stanford 2016 atmosphere if everything lines up for us. Sparty will likely be ranked in the top 10 but they're beatable for sure.
    if Husky Stadium isn't sold out, loud, and rocking for that game then it's pea patch time
    It won’t be sold out. It won’t be rocking. Get your hoe ready.
    It won't be sold out but it will be relatively loud
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

That game has the potential for a Stanford 2016 atmosphere if everything lines up for us. Sparty will likely be ranked in the top 10 but they're beatable for sure.
    if Husky Stadium isn't sold out, loud, and rocking for that game then it's pea patch time
    It won’t be sold out. It won’t be rocking. Get your hoe ready.
    It won't be sold out but it will be relatively loud
    Sparty fans are kinda noisy.

Seriously, it’s been a long time since Husky Stadium has been anything special when it comes to crowds and noise.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Vax passports alone will shave off 20% of the crowd.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188

Vax passports alone will shave off 20% of the crowd.
    Definitely addition by subtraction. Darwin is our friend.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    ntxduck said:

I don’t mean that UW is going to win either. I gotta see us play first. I’m just saying the Michigan State fans will be crying about giving Tucker 9.5 million in two years.

Michigan state has two billionaire boosters (one of whom is paying tucker’s salary) far and above anything that UW has. I don’t think they’ll care at all.

Just weird that you’re criticizing Tucker (who’s accomplished way more than kdb at the fbs level) and Thorne (who is a better qb than anyone at UW, including penix).
    I don’t know anything about Michigan State’s financials. When they have peaked at 9-10 wins and are basically Wisconsin or a slightly better Iowa, fans will be pissed about their coach getting 9.5 million to do an average to above average job.

You a big Sparty fan? You are awfully touchy about an opinion on Michigan State. I’m admittedly a Doog, but I never said we are easily beating Michigan State. It’s far from a sure loss either tho. They aren’t Bama.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

ntxduck said:

I don’t mean that UW is going to win either. I gotta see us play first. I’m just saying the Michigan State fans will be crying about giving Tucker 9.5 million in two years.

Michigan state has two billionaire boosters (one of whom is paying tucker’s salary) far and above anything that UW has. I don’t think they’ll care at all.

Just weird that you’re criticizing Tucker (who’s accomplished way more than kdb at the fbs level) and Thorne (who is a better qb than anyone at UW, including penix).
    I don’t know anything about Michigan State’s financials. When they have peaked at 9-10 wins and are basically Wisconsin or a slightly better Iowa, fans will be pissed about their coach getting 9.5 million to do an average to above average job.

You a big Sparty fan? You are awfully touchy about an opinion on Michigan State. I’m admittedly a Doog, but I never said we are easily beating Michigan State. It’s far from a sure loss either tho. They aren’t Bama.
    Idk man, I think the higher salary levels is the new norm
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Of course they are and Michigan State paid up so that Tucker wouldn’t bolt. He’s in the top 5 for coaching salaries in CFB, which to me, is kind of ridiculous for a guy that has had one good season and got beat by 50 against Ohio State.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,056
    Calling my shot right now. We will win this game and should win. We have home field and we have more talent than them. It's in the middle of the September but a vast majority students should be on campus. Husky Stadium will be 90% full.

FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Of course they are and Michigan State paid up so that Tucker wouldn’t bolt. He’s in the top 5 for coaching salaries in CFB, which to me, is kind of ridiculous for a guy that has had one good season and got beat by 50 against Ohio State.
    Him getting nfl level money is fucking stupid. The Michigan state got fucked raw dawg by Tucker’s agent. Also 10 year fucking deal, is just madness.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

Calling my shot right now. We will win this game and should win. We have home field and we have more talent than them. It's in the middle of the September but a vast majority students should be on campus. Husky Stadium will be 90% full.

How do we have more talent? 24/7 recruiting rankings? Jacob Bandes, Asa Turner, and Julius Irvin sure are talented. Thank God we have Savell Smalls!

That aside, I’ll be dooging when we are 2-0 before that game and I will be expecting a win.
    Dude, he's ELITE. Haven't you watched his 8th grade HUDL?
    [Wilbs voice]Yeeeeaaahhhhhhh[/wilbs]
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614
    edited January 2022

ntxduck said:

My best friend went there so I have to hear all about the program. I don’t root for sparty aside from to keep my friend from jumping in the red cedar. But msu low key has more $ than almost every other school. They have two competing boosters (rocket mortgage and uwmc owners/ceos) who are in a current battle of one upsmanship. I don’t think anyone there cares (aside from ishbia—who pays the contract, not the AD) if tucker steals $50m over the next 5 years as long as he keeps beating Michigan.

No school personifies the “beat rival nothing else matters” more than msu.
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

My best friend went there so I have to hear all about the program. I don’t root for sparty aside from to keep my friend from jumping in the red cedar. But msu low key has more $ than almost every other school. They have two competing boosters (rocket mortgage and uwmc owners/ceos) who are in a current battle of one upsmanship. I don’t think anyone there cares (aside from ishbia—who pays the contract, not the AD) if tucker steals $50m over the next 5 years as long as he keeps beating Michigan.

No school personifies the “beat rival nothing else matters” more than msu.
    On behalf of the cougs. Hurtful
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    Outside of the Lambo aloha bowl, my introduction to Sparty was one of the most epic rants of all time. Long but worth a listen if you enjoy shadenfreud.

https://youtu.be/xPvftOCA-9I
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614
    Doogles said:

Outside of the Lambo aloha bowl, my introduction to Sparty was one of the most epic rants of all time. Long but worth a listen if you enjoy shadenfreud.

https://youtu.be/xPvftOCA-9I

Jehuu caulcrick was a bowling ball