Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Michigan State Is Benchmark Game for DeBoer and Winnable

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,678 Swaye's Wigwam

That game has the potential for a Stanford 2016 atmosphere if everything lines up for us. Sparty will likely be ranked in the top 10 but they're beatable for sure.
    if Husky Stadium isn't sold out, loud, and rocking for that game then it's pea patch time
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam

That game has the potential for a Stanford 2016 atmosphere if everything lines up for us. Sparty will likely be ranked in the top 10 but they're beatable for sure.
    if Husky Stadium isn't sold out, loud, and rocking for that game then it's pea patch time
    Might as well start hoeing, then, because that game is perfectly set up to have a disappointing crowd. Last season completely took the wind out of the sails, and there is nothing on the schedule prior to MSU that would give any rationally thinking fan a reason to believe that the squad is "back."

Sadly, I think it's a catch-22 wherein they have to beat Michigan State to convince a full crowd that they have a team worth coming out to watch take on Michigan State.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,631
    I just may take UW in this game. Beyond Kenny Walker, it looks like they are losing 4 of 5 starters on the OL and their starting TE.

Besides a horrible offensive coordinator, UW's other big achilles heal was the run D so it makes life a lot easier to line-up against fresh faces on the OL and with no KW running behind them.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HFNY said:

I just may take UW in this game. Beyond Kenny Walker, it looks like they are losing 4 of 5 starters on the OL and their starting TE.

Besides a horrible offensive coordinator, UW's other big achilles heal was the run D so it makes life a lot easier to line-up against fresh faces on the OL and with no KW running behind them.

Their QB is horrible. It’s going to end badly for them. I don’t think Tucker completely sucks, but they won’t get over the rhino anytime soon.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614

HFNY said:

Their QB is horrible. It’s going to end badly for them. I don’t think Tucker completely sucks, but they won’t get over the rhino anytime soon.

Lol
    edited January 2022

I don’t mean that UW is going to win either. I gotta see us play first. I’m just saying the Michigan State fans will be crying about giving Tucker 9.5 million in two years.

Michigan state has two billionaire boosters (one of whom is paying tucker’s salary) far and above anything that UW has. I don’t think they’ll care at all.

Just weird that you’re criticizing Tucker (who’s accomplished way more than kdb at the fbs level) and Thorne (who is a better qb than anyone at UW, including penix).
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

I don’t mean that UW is going to win either. I gotta see us play first. I’m just saying the Michigan State fans will be crying about giving Tucker 9.5 million in two years.

Michigan state has two billionaire boosters (one of whom is paying tucker’s salary) far and above anything that UW has. I don’t think they’ll care at all.

Just weird that you’re criticizing Tucker (who’s accomplished way more than kdb at the fbs level) and Thorne (who is a better qb than anyone at UW, including penix).
    It's weird that you're involving Deboer and Penix when he is not.
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Well considering the conversation was about the UW-msu game, no, it’s not that weird to bring that up when one implies that UW will win because the other teams coach and qb “suck”.

Would be like Oregon fans saying we’re the Pac12 favorites because all the other in conference qbs are subpar.

“Bo nix sucks too”

“It’s weird you’re bringing up bo nix”
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

It won’t be sold out. It won’t be rocking. Get your hoe ready.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Well considering the conversation was about the UW-msu game, no, it’s not that weird to bring that up when one implies that UW will win because the other teams coach and qb “suck”.

Would be like Oregon fans saying we’re the Pac12 favorites because all the other in conference qbs are subpar.

“Bo nix sucks too”

“It’s weird you’re bringing up bo nix”
    He didn't.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925
    Lambo beat Michigan State when Sabin was their HC. True story.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club
    I like Tucker. I thought his one Colorado team played tough football. I think he can be Dantonio at MSU. Compete with the best of the BIG every few years for the conference title sandwiched around 6-8 win seasons. He’s good, he’s not Urbs or Saban though.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951
    Dawgs win easily
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

It won’t be sold out. It won’t be rocking. Get your hoe ready.
    HH is kinda dooging for Deboer which means the general population is probably pretty stoked