Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington celebrates greatest team ever 30 years ago

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Nathan Hale’s own Ed Simmons anchored the line.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,630 Standard Supporter
    We? Were good. Really fucking good.

We haven’t won 11 in a regular season since.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,596 Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    Love that they still snuck the logo in on Joe’s jacket and pants
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    Who would have thought in '91 that both Washingtons would be shit for the next 30 years?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    whlinder said:

But you? had the blessing of watching Sean Fucking Taylor play, and that in and of itself was worth the price of admission.

whlinder said:

But you? had the blessing of watching Sean Fucking Taylor play, and that in and of itself was worth the price of admission.

That is always the quintessential SFT play. I went to that game and was actually sitting in that endzone where he dove in to clinch a playoff berth. CSB

Who would have thought in '91 that both Washingtons would be shit for the next 30 years?

My sporting life peaked in elementary without me evening knowing it (not like I knew I'd attend UW eventually). 4 Pac 10/12 titles, 1 Rose Bowl win since then for original Washington, 4 NFC East titties and 3 playoff wins for Fuck Dan Snyder forever Washington.

Sad!.gif
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Nathan Hale’s own Ed Simmons anchored the line.

Does he still play for Nathan Hale?

NOC
    Yes. He does. HTH. GFY
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

That is always the quintessential SFT play. I went to that game and was actually sitting in that endzone where he dove in to clinch a playoff berth. CSB
    Sean Taylor was the player that made me realize that Roadie @RoadDawg55 either has major Cane hate and has gone @GrandpaSankey with it, or really doesn't know WFT he's talking about when it comes to player eval.

Barring injury, Taylor would have been first ballot. As good a combination of physical enforcer and pass pro as there's been, period. There's a lot of love for Lott, Easley, and Atwater, and rightly so. Taylor was in that class and arguably better.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Sean Taylor was the player that made me realize that Roadie @RoadDawg55 either has major Cane hate and has gone @GrandpaSankey with it, or really doesn't know WFT he's talking about when it comes to player eval.

Barring injury, Taylor would have been first ballot. As good a combination of physical enforcer and pass pro as there's been, period. There's a lot of love for Lott, Easley, and Atwater, and rightly so. Taylor was in that class and arguably better.
    No Cane hate. I like them. I think Taylor was very good. I don’t think he was as good as you do and I think his death made him slightly overhyped.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club
    I watched part of this Super Bowl in basic training at Fort Knox. Fuck me, I feel old now.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    Wife and I watched it at Monterey then took in a practice round for the Crosby at Pebble Beach Monday

Arnie was nice. Norman was a dick
    edited January 2022

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

No Cane hate. I like them. I think Taylor was very good. I don’t think he was as good as you do and I think his death made him slightly overhyped.
    He was more than very good. Belichick and Brady were afraid of him. Many coaches were. It is very hard to find a guy who can enforce against size and play centerfield and ballhawk like Taylor could. He could have earned a good living as just one or the other, but had both. The guy that comes to mind as a comparison is Kenny Easley, who was more than just very good.

As to his death and hype, I think "overhyped" is overhyped. You and few others on this forum use it too much. It's a ubiquitous term here to describe things, teams, players, coaches and pretty much anything else that isn't favored status. Taylor was big deal before he died. @whlinder can confirm.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

He was more than very good. Belichick and Brady were afraid of him. Many coaches were. It is very hard to find a guy who can enforce against size and play centerfield and ballhawk like Taylor could. He could have earned a good living as just one or the other, but had both. The guy that comes to mind as a comparison is Kenny Easley, who was more than just very good.

As to his death and hype, I think "overhyped" is overhyped. You and few others on this forum use it too much. It's a ubiquitous term here to describe things, teams, players, coaches and pretty much anything else that isn't favored status. Taylor was big deal before he died. @whlinder can confirm.
    I remember Sean Taylor well. He didn’t come in and dominate right away in the NFL. It was a little hit and miss. He’s not Miami’s best safety and he wouldn’t have been even if he was not killed.