Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest N.E.S. Game of All Time?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Super Mario Brothers III

dnc said:

SMB 1 and 3, both Tecmo Bowls, Double Dribble, the RBIs and Excitebike are all great answers.

I probably spent more time playing this one than any of them though.

Another write in option would be Double Dragon.

What specifically are you disagreeing with, the list of games I said are great answers, the fact I spent more time playing Dr Mario than any of them, or my suggestion that Double Dragon is another good write in option?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Super Mario Brothers I

I wasted a solid year of my life on this, Zelda and Metroid.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tetris
    Swaye said:

I wasted a solid year of my life on this, Zelda and Metroid.

Wasted? Sounds pretty cool to me!
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,097
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    Super Tecmo > Tecmo Bowl
    Eight plays vs four
    All the teams
    Full standings and stats
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tetris

One Duck Hunt vote? The fuck? I was born to be a Dawg.

One Christmas, we got a different gun game called "To The Earth." Way better than Duck Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTDA4Ez-Ro
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tetris
    Oh shit, forgot about Mechanized Attack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEob7o9jBI
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Legend of Zelda
    First off, this is an invalid pole and you all are fucking idiots for me scrolling through 3 pages of this shit and not see a single reference of Bases Loaded

YUK
    DUM
    BOO
    BUM
  • Options
    The Legend of Zelda
    To me, Zelda will always be the best game because while it was "easy" enough that you could beat it on your first player, no matter how many times you played the game it never got "easy" in terms of beating it

Super Mario 1 is the OG of OG games ... I never respected anybody that just warped their way to winning. Once you got good enough I then lost respect for any player that didn't have colors/patterns for their number of Mario's after beating up on 3-1

Super Mario 2 was a complete switch versus Mario 1 and IMO they are only comparable in name only ... Mario 2 required a little bit of thought going through the game as DNC mentioned ... there were many worse games

I didn't own Mario 3 because by the time it came out I was transitioning a bit out of gaming at the time so I've only played it here and there ...

Mega Man 2 is right behind Zelda to me in that it wasn't a "hard" game but it was never "easy" to beat it ... it could be frustratingly maddening if you fucked up just a bit

Mike Tyson's Punch Out is legendary obviously ... it's another one that if you didn't own it there was probably a limitation on how far you could get in the game. I never owned it and could get to Tyson but I never beat him

Tecmo Bowl ... fuck anybody saying 2 was better than 1 ... the best part of 1 was that with 4 players you could completely fuck up people and they never knew what hit them. Pro tip, call a running play for your defense, then be aware of the other running play and then leverage your controlled defender to take away the open receiver every single time. My "nephew" got the NES again whenever it came out a few years ago and started playing Tecmo Bowl ... he started running his mouth about how he was getting good and could beat me ... pretty sure I was up 42-0 at half on him and he was crying. Easily my favorite part of video games.

And as someone mentioned, GoldenEye is truly the original GOAT game of games ... spent so much time playing that in HS and college.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Great thread. One of my favorite consoles and it got me through a lot of otherwise boring trips to the grandparents in my very early childhood. So many favorites, but I'd probably go:

1. Castlevania III
    2. Megaman 2/3/4
    3. SMB 3

Castlevania (all but especially 3) were great. My perfect blend of dark medieval horror, atmosphere, music, platforming, and being difficult as fuck. The music for MM2 is still absolutely fantastic and I probably listen to it a few times a year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WvoClWWbk

If you are nostalgic for MM2 that should get you as wet as October.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Duck Hunt
    Gladstone said:

Great thread. One of my favorite consoles and it got me through a lot of otherwise boring trips to the grandparents in my very early childhood. So many favorites, but I'd probably go:

1. Castlevania III
    2. Megaman 2/3/4
    3. SMB 3

Castlevania (all but especially 3) were great. My perfect blend of dark medieval horror, atmosphere, music, platforming, and being difficult as fuck. The music for MM2 is still absolutely fantastic and I probably listen to it a few times a year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WvoClWWbk

If you are nostalgic for MM2 that should get you as wet as October.

I'm way out of my element here, but felt it needed to be covered with all the noyds we got here.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The Legend of Zelda
    Yellow Piss

Don’t make me head down to your shit hole excuse of a town/city and take the gloves off to the point that by the end you’ll THINK and CARE
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Duck Hunt
    Tequilla said:

Yellow Piss

Don’t make me head down to your shit hole excuse of a town/city and take the gloves off to the point that by the end you’ll THINK and CARE

I left the shit hole. Life is good now.
  • Options
    The Legend of Zelda

Tequilla said:

Yellow Piss

I left the shit hole. Life is good now.
    You still live in a shit stain of a state … you just so happen to live in one of the few places there that doesn’t completely suck ass
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    Tyson's Punch Out

You guys and your NES stuff.

@RaceBannon and I were there when the payoff was legit.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    Standard Supporter
    Goldeneye was a good game when it came out, but it's practically unplayable by today's standards. The graphics are just way too blurry, especially on split screen multiplayer.

Such is the case with the many N64 games.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tecmo Bowl
    Gunsmoke
    Jackal
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
    Founders Club
    The Legend of Zelda
    dnc said:

dnc said:

SMB 1 and 3, both Tecmo Bowls, Double Dribble, the RBIs and Excitebike are all great answers.

I probably spent more time playing this one than any of them though.

Another write in option would be Double Dragon.

What specifically are you disagreeing with, the list of games I said are great answers, the fact I spent more time playing Dr Mario than any of them, or my suggestion that Double Dragon is another good write in option?
    I was trying to find a Fauci gif of him saying "you're so wrong", but this was the closest I could find.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Goldeneye was a good game when it came out, but it's practically unplayable by today's standards. The graphics are just way too blurry, especially on split screen multiplayer.

Such is the case with the many N64 games.

Oh completely agree vs games now. But man it was fun on old televisions. I was a damn Ted Kaczynski with proximity mines.