Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top Ten Overrated Guitar Players

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,075
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zappa, Keef Richards?

What a fag.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,179
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This guys sucks
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,646
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What a fag. Comparing Richards to Ringo is actually not bad, and it's not an insult to either you fuck. Knowledgeable critics and other drymmers have been dispelling the notion that Ringo was a bad drummer for many years now. Hack music fans just don't pay attention.

It's like I was saying about layman opinions on guitarists...to most if you're not shredding you're not playing.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,268
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Some people love shredders, virtuosos and the like. Keef has said it’s not so much what you play, but what you don’t play. I agree, for me…
    Edit: There is some stuff I’ve seen of Keef on acoustic that is really good technically, and heard other guitarists really praise him for his acoustic prowess…and people that bag on Ringo (or Charlie) don’t know wtf they are talking about…
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,312
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Luiz. What a complete butt munch. Kirk has more talent in the shit he took than this fag will ever have...and Keith Richards has been responsible for some of the best songs in rock history
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This fag should eat a fat dick.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

Some people love shredders, virtuosos and the like. Keef has said it’s not so much what you play, but what you don’t play. I agree, for me…
    Edit: There is some stuff I’ve seen of Keef on acoustic that is really good technically, and heard other guitarists really praise him for his acoustic prowess…and people that bag on Ringo (or Charlie) don’t know wtf they are talking about…

Ringo and Charlie were tight as fuck. Not every band needs a Ginger Baker or Keith Moon to work.
    Recently I've been playing a lot of Sabbath and find myself tuning out the vocals and a lot of the guitar and just listening to Bill Ward. I'm 100% sure he's my favorite drummer. The jam section on Sweet Leaf alone places him in a select group of rock drummers. I freak out and want to smash stuff every time I hear it. That's the drumming equivalent of shredding, so I'm kind of contradicting myself, but that's some exciting shit.
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

Ringo and Charlie were tight as fuck. Not every band needs a Ginger Baker or Keith Moon to work.
    I saw something where Pete referred to Moon playing “lead drums”…Ginger falls into same category for me. Outstanding within their bands, giving the music what it needs…It’s not over - playing if it works
  • Options
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Recently I've been playing a lot of Sabbath and find myself tuning out the vocals and a lot of the guitar and just listening to Bill Ward. I'm 100% sure he's my favorite drummer. The jam section on Sweet Leaf alone places him in a select group of rock drummers. I freak out and want to smash stuff every time I hear it. That's the drumming equivalent of shredding, so I'm kind of contradicting myself, but that's some exciting shit.
    I just started getting into Sabbath in the last 10 years or so…Bill and Geezer really pushed it on those early cuts
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I just started getting into Sabbath in the last 10 years or so…Bill and Geezer really pushed it on those early cuts
    I'd probably call them my favorite band lately. It's always changing but I can't seem to hear enough, mainly just the first three albums.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,312
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Love their work on Hand of Doom. Very underrated Sabbath song
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I'd probably call them my favorite band lately. It's always changing but I can't seem to hear enough, mainly just the first three albums.
    I remember my Sabbath phase.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I remember my Sabbath phase.

#metoo but then I figured out the joobs were just as squeezable on Saturdays as every other day of the week.

Shalom!
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,179
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    There’s maybe one or two on this bozos list that you can make a case they get more credit than deserved but I don’t think any are overrated at all
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,877
    Standard Supporter
    I've never heard anyone say Tom Morello is a great guitar player, so to me he's not overrated.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hear Neil Young

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Jack White???

GTFO