Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LOL Dye

2»

Comments

• MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424

Throw him the ball in space. I am surprised he is not going pro though.

USC NIL $ better than practice squad $ it appears.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

He should have fun running behind that offensive line. Might be the worst line in the conference.

He’s gonna do well dude.
    I doubt it
    What makes you think these tuff PAC 12 defenses are going to stop him. He will split carries with someone, catch the ball a decent amount, and produce. He was your best player last year.

It seems kind of delusional to me to think Lincoln Riley won’t have a good offense right away at USC. He will. Defense will probably still suck tho.
    Because the offensive line needs a complete overhaul. The recruiting along the OL at USC was dreadful under Helton. I agree, Dye is very good back. I’m not bashing Dye. The USC OL is really that bad. It might be worse than UWs. It’s at the very least the worst it as been in my lifetime heading into this season.
    Dye is elite. Lol
    Better career than Ahmed so makes him Elite Elite
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I'm hearing duck fans didn't want him anyway and this won't affect their seasons at all
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam

He should have fun running behind that offensive line. Might be the worst line in the conference.

He’s gonna do well dude.
    Now Dye is going to be really good!
    I like to pretend a guy that rushed for 1271 yards rushing, had 402 receiving hards, and 18 TD’s isn’t really good.
    You really are the anti-doog
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

He’s gonna do well dude.
    I like to pretend a guy that rushed for 1271 yards rushing, had 402 receiving hards, and 18 TD’s isn’t really good.
    I said Dye was really good. Again, USC has a horrific OL. Not an indictment on Dye. USC will not win again until they build the trenches, and Riley has yet to fully do that.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

He’s gonna do well dude.
    I said Dye was really good. Again, USC has a horrific OL. Not an indictment on Dye. USC will not win again until they build the trenches, and Riley has yet to fully do that.
    Oregon fans think USC’s OL sucks because they saw them get truck bedded by KT and Dorlus in 2020. And by KT and Carlberg the year before, with a different first round pick at LT each time. But this last season USC’s OL was decent. Huge improvement in pass pro - fourth in P-5 in sack rate allowed and 35th (air raid, shitty running backs) in yards per carry.

Oklahoma’s RBs put up great stats in fuckface’s offense, no reason Dye shouldn’t be able to at USC. Meanwhile, Lanning wants shitty Jarek Broussard. Maybe he’s better away from Colorado but I doubt it, massive downgrade.

He’s gonna do well dude.
    Oregon fans think USC’s OL sucks because they saw them get truck bedded by KT and Dorlus in 2020. And by KT and Carlberg the year before, with a different first round pick at LT each time. But this last season USC’s OL was decent. Huge improvement in pass pro - fourth in P-5 in sack rate allowed and 35th (air raid, shitty running backs) in yards per carry.

Oklahoma’s RBs put up great stats in fuckface’s offense, no reason Dye shouldn’t be able to at USC. Meanwhile, Lanning wants shitty Jarek Broussard. Maybe he’s better away from Colorado but I doubt it, massive downgrade.
    It doesn’t change the fact that Dye would have more success at Oregon than at USC.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,790

He’s gonna do well dude.

It doesn’t change the fact that Dye would have more success at Oregon than at USC.
    Maybe hates Lanning and his faggy high tops

He’s gonna do well dude.

I’m missing the point you’re trying to make. Dye should have stayed at Oregon because he would have a better season? Not guaranteed. USC got one of the best offensive coaches in the game, better skill players, and assuming Caleb Williams a much better QB.

Meanwhile, Dye is a fringe NFL prospect and now he gets two years of grad school tuition (grad transfer rule, they get two years of schollie) at an expensive and exclusive university back in his home area. Or, he just wants to play in a proven offense.

I wanted Dye to stay. I view it as a failure on Lanning’s part to retain him. Maybe Cardwell/Broussard/Dollars wind up better, then I won’t view it as a failure, but it doesn’t look great at the moment.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,535 Standard Supporter
    If the players don't give a fuck anymore, why should the fans?

He’s gonna do well dude.

I’m missing the point you’re trying to make. Dye should have stayed at Oregon because he would have a better season? Not guaranteed. USC got one of the best offensive coaches in the game, better skill players, and assuming Caleb Williams a much better QB.

Meanwhile, Dye is a fringe NFL prospect and now he gets two years of grad school tuition (grad transfer rule, they get two years of schollie) at an expensive and exclusive university back in his home area. Or, he just wants to play in a proven offense.

I wanted Dye to stay. I view it as a failure on Lanning’s part to retain him. Maybe Cardwell/Broussard/Dollars wind up better, then I won’t view it as a failure, but it doesn’t look great at the moment.
    He gets two more years at USC? The fuck? What will that make him, 30, when the draft comes calling?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

He’s gonna do well dude.

He gets two more years at USC? The fuck? What will that make him, 30, when the draft comes calling?
    I think he means he has one year of eligibility, but under the grad transfer rules SC has to pay for 2 years of school so he can finish a 2-year grad program. So if he doesn’t go nfl he’ll stay another year, not play, finish his free mba or w/e
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344

He’s gonna do well dude.

BYU of the South!!

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

He’s gonna do well dude.
    Their RB had over 900 yards last year with that shit OL. Dye can easily match that. I don’t think they will win big either. 8-10 wins with a shitty defense.

Dye is putting up good numbers in that offense. Caleb Williams will do well. They will scheme out a decent OL that does fine against most of the PAC 12 save maybe 1 or 2 teams.
    Is this the same Travis Dye everybody here used to make fun of? Jag I think is the word I've read a lot describing him.

Btw, I agree it's a loss. He can play. Hard runner who finds space and, unlike Verdell, doesn't get hurt every 5 minutes.

But then again, you can look at it this way: if it turns out to matter, Oregon wasn't going to be that good anyway. While Dye is good IMO, if you can't replace a guy like that then you're not going to be a contender anyway so WGAF.
    ntxduck said:

He’s gonna do well dude.

I think he means he has one year of eligibility, but under the grad transfer rules SC has to pay for 2 years of school so he can finish a 2-year grad program. So if he doesn’t go nfl he’ll stay another year, not play, finish his free mba or w/e
    You are correct. I would apologize for not being clear enough, but other people’s lack of reading comprehension is something they owe an apology for.

I doubt he finishes an MBA, but he can. Even if he doesn’t he now has a year of networking in the LA area with USC people. Jalen Brown transferred to Northwestern with two years eligibility, promptly broke his leg in his first or second game and left with no football impact but a valuable degree. Northwestern must not be that great at business, two years of a grad school full ride for two catches is not good ROI.