Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another Telling Comment on Coaching...

From Jude's story yesterday:

As the new UW coaching staff has gone to great lengths to reintroduce football fundamentals this spring, Petersen has also asked players to reintroduce themselves to each other.

Petersen is focusing on fundamentals and team chemistry...two things that apparently were sorely lacking under the previous guy. "Great lengths to reintroduce fundamentals" is one of the most damning things (from a totally neutral source) I've read or heard about Sark.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fundamentals? Who has time for that shit. Up yours.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    pawz said:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Every single time? Yeah I remember when players said that after Ty....Gilby, Rick and Lambo.

First time I've heard comments like this in a long time.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    From all these quotes, it further proves that Sark was both extremely lazy and had no clue what he was doing. Peterman must be shocked with how much shit he has to clean up.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fundamentals and team chemistry? Fuck that shit. Practice 4th quarter dance routines and tigers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

pawz said:

Every single time? Yeah I remember when players said that after Ty....Gilby, Rick and Lambo.

First time I've heard comments like this in a long time.
    The players have never said fundamentals weren't stressed before but pawz is right though.

After Lambo the players spoke how it's nice to have a coach who is more relaxed, gives them more freedoms and brought back the gold helmets.

After Rick, the players particularly the OL talked how it's nice to have a head coach who is actually one of us, he preaches toughness while the previous staff didn't.

After Gilby, the players talked about how more disciplined they are, Ty makes them wear dress shirts and ties while Gilby didn't.

After Ty, the players spoke how they are excited to be at Washington again. First time in years they are proud to wear Washington Huskies football gear, how energetic Sark is.

I hope this time it's different and I think it will be. However if some in here feel like this is Lather, Rinse, Repeat because well it is.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The players have never said fundamentals weren't stressed before but pawz is right though.

Yeah, good point pawz
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it's to be expected but I still think there is some truth to it.

Fundamentals, Discipline, and Team Chemistry help lead to WINNING and WINNING = FUN & EXCITING!

So Peterman will be FUN & EXCITING!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Yeah it's to be expected but I still think there is some truth to it.

Fundamentals, Discipline, and Team Chemistry help lead to WINNING and WINNING = FUN & EXCITING!

So Peterman will be FUN & EXCITING! steak & sizzle

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Jude is a media guy. Its coming from a neutral unbiased observer, not a player.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    Founders Club

From all these quotes, it further proves that Sark was both extremely lazy and had no clue what he was doing. Peterman must be shocked with how much shit he has to clean up.

Do you think as Peterman looked across the field at the Washington sideline during the Vegas Bowl, and saw half the team doing The Lawnmower, do you honestly think he is shocked at how much there is to cleanup?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Players and fans alike have done this after each coaching change. Breath of fresh air, etc. blah blah, LIPO.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I liked the lawnmower. I was hoping last year they would bust out the weed whacker and was thoroughly disappointed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Jude is a media guy. Its coming from a neutral unbiased observer, not a player.

He's the beat writer for the Huskies. I'm sure if you looked it up you can find similar stories in 2009, 2005, 2004, and 1999.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

Players and fans alike have done this after each coaching change. Breath of fresh air, etc. blah blah, LIPO.

I always do.