Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HH Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Western

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Eli Wallach - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
    Slim Pickens deserves recognition for many things, but especially for uttering the line “Dancin’ around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots”. ($75k)…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gene Hackman - Unforgiven

chuck said:

chuck said:

CDG was also in Little Big Man a forgotten classic from 1970

I consider Hackman a co star because he is a star and he stole Unforgiven.

You came up with the only reason why Hackman shouldn't get 100% of the vote. Should be a landslide otherwise because of exactly what you said.
    I aim to kill the little bill voters.
    I never got the Tombstone nor the Val Kilmer love. The best thing he ever did was play John Holmes...I can't remember the name of that flick but it was kind of good and he was perfect in the role.

Unforgiven is a superior film to Tombstone. Tombstone is cheesy as fuck at times, especially when Doc fires like 30 rounds from his Colt at the OK coral.

But at the end of the day, there are too many good lines to not give Val the nod here.
    I've never loved you more than I do right now for having conceded these facts.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Val Kilmer - Tombstone
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

CDG was also in Little Big Man a forgotten classic from 1970

I consider Hackman a co star because he is a star and he stole Unforgiven.

You came up with the only reason why Hackman shouldn't get 100% of the vote. Should be a landslide otherwise because of exactly what you said.
    I aim to kill the little bill voters.
    I never got the Tombstone nor the Val Kilmer love. The best thing he ever did was play John Holmes...I can't remember the name of that flick but it was kind of good and he was perfect in the role.

Unforgiven is a superior film to Tombstone. Tombstone is cheesy as fuck at times, especially when Doc fires like 30 rounds from his Colt at the OK coral.

But at the end of the day, there are too many good lines to not give Val the nod here.
    I've never loved you more than I do right now for having conceded these facts.
    My Shoppe strives for objectivity.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eli Wallach - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
    I went with my guy, Tuco Ramirez, aka Eli Wallach.

I was stuck on him or Dan George for a while. Either of them playing opposite Clint Eastwood is some of the best shit your're going to see.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, You left off
    Lee Marvin - Cat Ballou (I think he actually did win the award, not as prestigious as winning an HCHPole)

• Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chief Dan George - The Outlaw Josey Wales
    Voted for the Chief because I thought the character he played made the movie more complete. Between George, Hackman and Wallach it was really a toss up. To be honest, I've never watched Tombstone - I didn't realize it was a serious film. Whenever I see Val Kilmer I think Nick Rivers.