Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"Trevor Lawrence sucks"

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 6,912
5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
Quoting prognosticator @RoadDawg55, Trevor Lawrence sucks, as he knew he would.

Mostly starting this thread to not shit in the other one where I read this, but I thought it would make a good post on the NFL board where the six of us who read/post here could trade commentary.

I'm not writing Lawrence off yet because he had to endure the catastrophe that was Urban Meyer. Hiring Byron Leftwich seems like a natural fit given he played in Jax and has done a good job in Tompa Bay. Give Lawrence a year with him and I think he turns it around.

Also, FWIW:

Player A rookie season
  • 339/627 - 54.1% completions
  • 4,374 yards
  • 23 tds / 18 ints
Player B rookie season
  • 326/575 - 56.7% completions
  • 3,739 yards
  • 26 tds / 28 ints
Player C rookie season
  • 359/602 - 59.6% completions
  • 3,641 yards
  • 12 tds / 17 ints
Player A is Luck, Player B is Manning (the good one), Player C is Lawrence.
dnc

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 53,760
    50000 Comments 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes Eighth Anniversary
    I agree, Lawrence can still be good. Not sure if he ever will be playing for that dreckfest org though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 29,502
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments
    He has talent but everyone does. What does he do especially well?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 6,912
    5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    edited January 14
    Not sure since I haven't seen much of him in the pros, but he apparently had enough talent to be considered on the same level as Making and Luck. I won't make final judgment based off of one year under the biggest coaching calamity in recent history.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 437
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 250 Up Votes
    For an individual NFL team, the ability to draft someone with Lawrence's talent is a once every 30-50 years. We all see the shortage of QB talent in the NFL – there's not even enough for every team to have one really good QB. So I find it hilarious how these team's fanbases want to run the guy out after one fucking year. Unless there's some off the field Johnny Football bullshit, I wouldn't pay much attention until year three – especially if you see any progress in their second year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 29,502
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments

Not sure since I haven't seen much of him in the pros, but he apparently had enough talent to be considered on the same level as Making and Luck. I won't make final judgment based off of one year under the biggest coaching calamity in recent history.

I never watched him at Clemson and was overly impressed. A lot of times I saw WR’s making great plays. He’s not that good and I also think he doesn’t really care that much.

My whole point was that the generational QB bullshit hype was media made from when he was in high school and wasn’t actually legit.