Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DAWGS on the SI cover

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club
    A little surprised it took Georgia this long to break through. They are one of the only teams in the nation that "looks" like Bama every year. Just stacked.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

A little surprised it took Georgia this long to break through. They are one of the only teams in the nation that "looks" like Bama every year. Just stacked.

They had a well documented Bama problem

Due to return next season
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    They should have had a best of 3 series. My money would have been on Bammer.

If we're gonna do repeats, let's, at least, make it fair.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

That’s why the NFL and CFB playoffs are the best in sports. Series are bullshit. All sports should be one and done.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

I think they should just upload all the AWS next gen stats into the latest Madden and run the simulation 1,000 times to determine the winner, that way none of the guys have to play in a pointless and potentially dangerous amateur college game right before the draft.
    Bama and Georgia were the two best teams

Deal with it

The NY bowls with a plus one would eliminate that because the SEC champ gets the Sugar Bowl and Georgia would have been in the Citrus Bowl which you can't spell with out UT

Michigan would have played Utah
    Baylor would have played Pittsburgh in the Orange
    Cinnci would have got an at large to the Cotton to play someone
    Bama would have played someone in the Sugar - maybe Ohio State
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Bama wins that game with their two top WR’s easily. Saban knew it which is why he didn’t blow his top and was full of praise for his guys in defeat.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

Deal with it

The NY bowls with a plus one would eliminate that because the SEC champ gets the Sugar Bowl and Georgia would have been in the Citrus Bowl which you can't spell with out UT

I’m ok with that.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam

Could potentially get that in the Big12 one year. Okst and Oklahoma could play reg season then in the CCG both ending the season 11-1.

Notice I did not include Texas in this hypothetical
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club

Deal with it

I would have been fine with Michigan and Bammer splitting the Natty or playing two weeks later in the @Crow_T_Robot Cherry Bowl.

It neither here nor there and I've accepted it for what it is. But still, even though I'm a few years your Junior, Race, it's possible I'm even more of a traditionalist / get off my lawn, old at heart type. I hate change.
    I was against the BCS and approved of the Pac 10 and Big 10 staying out. Michigan got a natty out of that decision

But the kids wanted to IMPROVE college football so what are you going to do?

The Pac 12 is also an abomination

PAC 8 Forever!
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

I know you are being sarcastic but those are the Oregon Ducks
    46XiJCAB said:

Bama wins that game with their two top WR’s easily. Saban knew it which is why he didn’t blow his top and was full of praise for his guys in defeat.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,630 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

It’s wild Georgia hadn’t won a natty since 1980. Our Dawgs with a looser AD and admin have 11 years before we match their drought.
    whlinder said:

Swaye said:

It’s wild Georgia hadn’t won a natty since 1980. Our Dawgs with a looser AD and admin have 11 years before we match their drought.
    Yep but they have had some very successful squads in there. Couple more in the 80's, early 2000's, and then of course 2012 and 2017 (Alabama derailed both of those). Very very close (like our 1990 UCLA season) a number of times. Great great program but yeah, 41 years in between. Crazy when you think how good they seem almost every year (going back over 20 years).
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 829 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

It shows that with the right HC and supportive boosters/administration, someone can build a rival to Alabama.
    TXDawg said:

Swaye said:

It shows that with the right HC and supportive boosters/administration, someone can build a rival to Alabama.
    Clemson has two title game wins over Bama