Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington loosing NIL battle with Built for life Pete

1235»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

It’s well past time to boot Pete. He was a good coach for us. 2016 was fun and despite what some say, he was a very good to great coach for us.

He’s also always been a corny, girls soccer dad and he’s delusional. Pete thinking he could be some culture setter for businesses was always fucking insane. I’m sure there are some businesses that will light money on fire for a presentation from him, but it was always ridiculous. He’s a football coach.

Now, he gets to do UW’s NIL stuff and he’s completely out of touch and obviously shitty at it.

We need a marketer/salesman with a work ethic. Not a cardboard cutout
    We need a fucking sleaze bag running that NLI program.
    Does Cal Worthington still have a lot in Federal Way?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

It’s well past time to boot Pete. He was a good coach for us. 2016 was fun and despite what some say, he was a very good to great coach for us.

He’s also always been a corny, girls soccer dad and he’s delusional. Pete thinking he could be some culture setter for businesses was always fucking insane. I’m sure there are some businesses that will light money on fire for a presentation from him, but it was always ridiculous. He’s a football coach.

Now, he gets to do UW’s NIL stuff and he’s completely out of touch and obviously shitty at it.

We need a fucking sleaze bag running that NLI program.
    Does Cal Worthington still have a lot in Federal Way?
    My Daddy knew Cal from some dealer groups back in the day.

• BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Of course we are falling behind. This isn't a game UW has ever wanted to participate in. They hired someone to tick off a few boxes, but culturally I think the admin dislikes the idea of it. They already feel dirty by having to rely on nasty testosterone-laden football to fund the olympic sports they cherish. Now they have to figure out how to pay those guys through third parties.

Schools that care about winning had a plan in place before this ever became legal. Almost immediately, BYU figured out how to get their walk-ons tuition paid, essentially creating more scholarships to give out than other schools. What did we do? Hire a social media intern who seems more concerned about promoting her ideology and hobbies than she does about doing her job.

And wait until some of our guys do start getting paid. It won't be long until the cry you hear from UW is not about how we are falling short versus the other programs, but how there is now a financial inequity between the male and female athletes. Title IX applied to NIL distribution won't be far behind.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    If I was with the cartel or something this NIL stuff is a great way to launder money
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

If I was with the cartel or something this NIL stuff is a great way to launder money

If?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Now there is an oxymoron if I've ever seen one.