Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    What the fuck is going on with our defensive salaries?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

They don’t have good agents like John Donovan
    This might be your most insightful post ever
    FireCohen said:

Schmidt seems to have a good agent. How does a coach with so little fanfare pull in that kind of offer?

Meanwhile Inoke's salary seems commensurate with what a top-end DL coach should be getting, while Inge is coming in hilariously cheap. Those three + Morrell all being paid roughly the same makes no fucking sense.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

This might be your most insightful post ever
    Disagree, @FireCohen is my most insightful. I was first and I right.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Huff being highest paid assistant is all you need to know.

Edit: Yes, I know the family-on-vacation murderer gets more, but still.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Highest salary but shortest leash.

Hopefully the OC can teach him a thing or two about OL before Spring ball starts
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don’t mind it. Inge is a loyal solider and not much more. Solid coach but being a DC at UW seems to be too big of a job for him or he would have been a DC somewhere good a long time ago.

Morell is the guy being groomed to be DC and the guy that DeBoer fucks with.

We obviously are somewhat hurting for money. Those are low salaries. I’m down to get back to being blue collar, being tough, and developing the players. The recruiting will come if we are good. I’ve always said about recruiting, wake me up when we get 5 stars.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,708 Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    In the past at times we have made a commitment to a payroll which has looked good relative to our pac 12 peers... apparently the administration such as it is has decided to wait and see if there still is a workable business model available that is worth spending capital on given the new covid rich / NIL / magical portal environment.

Translated this feels like punt and wake up in three years to see what happens next ~ all of which seems weird and gutless given the sunken costs of the infrastructure and the realities of a fan base that is clearly moving on to other activities such as sewing circle get togethers and sharing cookie recipes.

This is the obvious footprint of an AD, President and university CFO that clearly do not understand how to transact in this environment and have no plan for what to do going forward except to revert to an intermural rich culture which highlights academic achievement and middle of the road minor league big sky level performance.

Given these choices i think its time to fire Cohen and turn the AD over to the student counsel to do with it as they will until such time as the University has a new plan and commitment to fund and run a competent athletic program.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    So whats the final verdict on how much Kohls cash I get out of all these savings?
    TheHB said:

Overseeing the worst OL since 2012 is apparently good enough to almost double your salary. These numbers are nonsensical
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d like to make those shitty salaries
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,242
    Is Huff paying half of that salary to Conerly? UW knows they can just hand the money directly over to the kids, right?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t mind it. Inge is a loyal solider and not much more. Solid coach but being a DC at UW seems to be too big of a job for him or he would have been a DC somewhere good a long time ago.

Morell is the guy being groomed to be DC and the guy that DeBoer fucks with.

We obviously are somewhat hurting for money. Those are low salaries. I’m down to get back to being blue collar, being tough, and developing the players. The recruiting will come if we are good. I’ve always said about recruiting, wake me up when we get 5 stars.

The salaries don't mean shit unless the staff succeeds, and they leave for more money elsewhere.

Whether hurting for money or not (I don't even see how they'd be hurting beyond what every other Pac 12 school went through in 2020. I went to the games and the stadiums didn't seem that empty to me. Some picture after the 3rd quarter getting beat down by Oregon doesn't mean shit), it's plain stupid to throw 7.5+ million on an unproven staff at the power 5 level just to send some kind of message.

If they win the North or get to the conference championship, closing players, etc and no one is getting extensions/raises, especially DeBoer than that's a different story.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Which poster told me in another thread that the salaries weren't cheap? Looks cheap as fuck to me. One guy making a mil and the next highest at $700k.

The difference between what UW supposedly offered Campbell and what they're paying Deboer covers over half of the assistant salary pot.

Cheap as fuck and *we were deceived.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HuskyJW said:

I’d like to make those shitty salaries

You’re poor?
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 457
    550k a year to Great Plains trappers like Morrell and Schmidt is the jackpot of a life time. You know how many log cabins half a mil a year can get you?