Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
This wasn't just a great superhero movie. This was a flat-out great movie period. I don't think there was a single moment that felt like a waste on film. Even Garry Shandling's appearance added something to Iron Man 2 in retrospect. It was incredibly well-written, incredibly well-paced, well-acted, well-executed... I was hesitant to rate it above "The Avengers", because while that was the epitome of a great superhero movie, it had a lot of fat hanging from it. This felt like a much-leaner substantial and more meaningful film both within its own narrative and reflecting on our modern world. 9.5/10

Comments

• Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    I took my wife and daughters to Thor 1 & 2 and all they do is jerk off to Thor.

I miss Xena
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    The only good thing about Thor is Natalie Portman.

Also, your review/love of Capn America is too everything.

It's fucking comic book movie. Get some perspective man.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    The first Cap'n Murica was a fucking dreckfest, I can't imagine the second one was any better.

But I fucking hate 9/10 superhero movies, so there's that
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Fuck Captain America, Wolf of Wall Street is where it's at. Hookers, blow, ludes, blow on a hooker ass more hookers and cash.

http://youtu.be/7tX40xe2cnw
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I just saw Wolf of Wall Street for the first time on Saturday. Great movie, one of the few that haven't sucked in the past decade. What a life.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    Wolf of Wall Street was fucking boring, are you kidding me?

After the first hour it was the same shit. Leo gets high, fucks a broad, someone else fucks a broad, repeat. Wasn't interesting

They needed to delve more into how they were actually scamming people, other than 20 second monologues in between the 454 uses of the word "fuck".
    edited April 2014
    Wolf of Wall Street might be cool if you've never gotten laid or done drugs before, but it seemed to be pressing for the most part.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

After the first hour it was the same shit. Leo gets high, fucks a broad, someone else fucks a broad, repeat. Wasn't interesting

They needed to delve more into how they were actually scamming people, other than 20 second monologues in between the 454 uses of the word "fuck".

I thought it was great. One of the best movies I've ever seen. It was fucking hilarious. I was crying from laughing in the Matthew McConahay scene. What kind of movies do you like?

I thought it was great. One of the best movies I've ever seen. It was fucking hilarious. I was crying from laughing in the Matthew McConahay scene. What kind of movies do you like?
    For comedies you can't beat The Big Lebowski. all Coen brothers films are good

I got baked and watched Apocalypto the other night, solid movie (el oh el Mel Gibson though)

Godfather is amazing.

etc.etc.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    The Watchmen > All Marvel bullshit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Some closet Revenge of the Nerds are revealing themselves in this thread.

Road Dawg has this thread dialed in as does Section8.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

You know how I know you watch bullshit like The English Patient?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

You know how I know you watch bullshit like The English Patient Twilight?
    More crisp
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I got baked and watched Apocalypto the other night, solid movie (el oh el Mel Gibson though)

Godfather is amazing.

etc.etc.
    Coen brothers are good. I like some of their movies, but they have some shitty ones too. True Grit was pretty boring and overhyped imo. I didn't get the hype with that one. I respect them though, for making real movies, telling worthy stories, not horseshit polished with special effects.

Godfather is amazing.

etc.etc.
    I respect them though, for making real movies, telling worthy stories, not horseshit polished with special effects.
    They did a great job adapting No Country For Old Men from book to screen.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Inside Lleywn Davis needs to DIAFF.

"oh but the music was outstanding"

Fuck you. Fuck the Coens.* Fuck everyone.

*75% of their films are good.