Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your worst sport?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,053
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
While the correct answer is...

If I had to pick one, I would say ice skating. I put on some skates last week for the first time in like 20 years and take the kids, and it's pretty scary how bad Yella is at the rink. I was lucky that all that was bruised is my pride.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Swaye said:

I am terrible at all winter sports. Particularly curling.

I still don't know what that is.

You make a good point though. I can't ski or snow board. I sucked horribly at water skiing as a kid and we did it pretty much any time the wind let up in the summer. Never could skate board either.

Strangely I was pretty good at ice skating but never tried hockey.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Skiing. I can snowboard pretty well, but I can't travel more than 100 feet on skis on a downhill without falling.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,599
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Learning to water ski was easy, my summer friends and I learned in the straights off of Whidbey: no one ever fell (even first time skiers) because the water was ice cold

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Learning to water ski was easy, my summer friends and I learned in the straights off of Whidbey: no one ever fell (even first time skiers) because the water was ice cold

Same for me, in the Mighty Columbia…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Same for me, in the Mighty Columbia…
    Same here. Thing is that, when it's warm out, it's too windy in the gorge about 9/10 of the time.

I could get up and cruise in a straight line for a ways. Apparently my inevitable wioeouts were due to me leaning back too much iirc. I never could fix that. The only reason I kept trying was because the wipe outs were fun.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys just don't know where the warm salt water water skiing is in Western Wa. I've water skied in 70 degree salt water no more than 20 miles as the crow flies from Seattle.

2 skis though as water skiing is on the list of sports I'm horrible at.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am bad at all sports now - knee shot, shoulder surgery, eye surgery still can't focus very well, hand surgery.

The only one I am good at is pool. which to me is just a sign of a misspent youth. I used to be good at falling when I skied, I was told I make sound effects and was one of the best fallers the instructor had ever seen.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022

You guys just don't know where the warm salt water water skiing is in Western Wa. I've water skied in 70 degree salt water no more than 20 miles as the crow flies from Seattle.

Whatt? The tide flats in olympia? I used to live in the governors mansion on east bay drive [the house that used to be the mansion before they moved across the bay long ago.]... that water was warm.... kind of disgusting, but warm...
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

I haven't found one yet. Chuckgoodateverything

Swimming, i suppose. I'm comfortable doing it, I love the water, and can get from A to B safely. That was hard earned though. I'm a sinker and it was pure fearlessness and determination to figure it out and not miss out on fun shit as a kid that got me through. I barely made it to shore more times than I could count and nearly lost consciousness while coughing water out of my lungs many times.

I was good at hoops until hs. A torn ACL and dislocated shoulder, both playing hoops, slowed my game development as a freshman and sophomore. By my junior year, finally healthy, a few guys had passed me. I quit like a bitch rather than being a JV all star.

I quit the hoops team my senior year of HS, cause I sucked and wanted to ski pow. I have no regrets but Mrs. Snow gives me a ration of shit regularly for being a quitter.
    She is probably talking about something else...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whatt? The tide flats in olympia? I used to live in the governors mansion on east bay drive [the house that used to be the mansion before they moved across the bay long ago.]... that water was warm.... kind of disgusting, but warm...
    Daybob Bay. Hood Canal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I haven't found one yet. Chuckgoodateverything

Swimming, i suppose. I'm comfortable doing it, I love the water, and can get from A to B safely. That was hard earned though. I'm a sinker and it was pure fearlessness and determination to figure it out and not miss out on fun shit as a kid that got me through. I barely made it to shore more times than I could count and nearly lost consciousness while coughing water out of my lungs many times.

I was good at hoops until hs. A torn ACL and dislocated shoulder, both playing hoops, slowed my game development as a freshman and sophomore. By my junior year, finally healthy, a few guys had passed me. I quit like a bitch rather than being a JV all star.

I quit the hoops team my senior year of HS, cause I sucked and wanted to ski pow. I have no regrets but Mrs. Snow gives me a ration of shit regularly for being a quitter.
    She is probably talking about something else...
    Nah.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Columbia is sickly warm during the summer. Anything over 70 is too warm and just doesn't feel clean to me. Usually it isn't. Saltwater though? Hell yeah as long as it's clear. If not then no thanks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

The Columbia is sickly warm during the summer. Anything over 70 is too warm and just doesn't feel clean to me. Usually it isn't. Saltwater though? Hell yeah as long as it's clear. If not then no thanks.
    Fucking Dams man.

I love dams. I hate dams.