Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wait

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
So in September and October I read on here that UW receivers have tuned out their position coach.

McMillan gives close to zero effort during the year. Almost nobody can get open. Receivers are running into each other.

Lake gets fired…Adams looked decent for the scripted series against ASU as OC then falls apart.

Maybe he is a good WR coach….but he wasn’t for us.

WDWHA

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    HuskyJW said:

So in September and October I read on here that UW receivers have tuned out their position coach.

McMillan gives close to zero effort during the year. Almost nobody can get open. Receivers are running into each other.

Lake gets fired…Adams looked decent for the scripted series against ASU as OC then falls apart.

WDWHA

The optics of it are the problem, to my way of thinking. He was announced as one of two returning coaches, meaning they must have come to some terms with him, and then we apparently get big dicked by Oregon, which on its own isn't so troubling, but they flipped a number of our commits this year. It looks like UW : UO :: WSU : UW is becoming the lay of the land, wherein they can just take anything of UW's if they want it, which is almost as unacceptable a zeitgeist as I can imagine.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,560 Standard Supporter
    Miami gave us? 7 million for meat, gotta find some way to waste it.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    edited January 2022
    Emoterman said:

HuskyJW said:

WDWHA

The optics of it are the problem, to my way of thinking. He was announced as one of two returning coaches, meaning they must have come to some terms with him, and then we apparently get big dicked by Oregon, which on its own isn't so troubling, but they flipped a number of our commits this year. It looks like UW : UO :: WSU : UW is becoming the lay of the land, wherein they can just take anything of UW's if they want it, which is almost as unacceptable a zeitgeist as I can imagine.
    Those terms could have been nothing more than "here is a one year contract to continue as WR coach and we will revisit at the end of the 2022 season".

If Oregon wants to come along and poach him by offering a two year contract and a title that includes co-OC... so what. Sounds to me like they are taking our sloppy seconds.

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

HuskyJW said:

WDWHA

Those terms could have been nothing more than "here is a one year contract to continue as WR coach and we will revisit at the end of the 2022 season".

If Oregon wants to come along and poach him by offering a two year contract and a title that includes co-OC... so what. Sounds to me like they are taking our sloppy seconds.

To miserable and pathetic Huskie football enthusiasts like ourselves, this is pretty evident a posteriori.

To virtually everyone else who bothers to note Uncle Joon's (Soprano references > Seinfeld) perambulation from Montlake to Eugene, it looks like UW got big dicked.