Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2022]

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Papa Odunze convinced he's the best WR in the draft. Odds are he gone
    If it's a decision point at this juncture, we've been warned, gone.
    He should come back and get stronger in the off-season. The incompletion before the goal line pick in the Oregon game is an example.

McMillan couldn't be stopped at the end of the season. Not sure you can say the same about Odunze.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,356
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Odunze is good but is he really round 1 or 2 good? I wouldn’t draft him that high. Speaking of high, Papa is high if he wants his kid to leave school now.

All that said, he’s probably gone.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    Polk is the best #3 Receiver in the country, if Odunze bounces, next man up.

Edit: ok I'm doogin, but outside of tOSU I'm probably almost right
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Being a #3 is not a big deal. You’re on the field almost all the time with the formations most teams run.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Being a #3 is not a big deal. You’re on the field almost all the time with the formations most teams run.
    Yeah but you move up the ladder of priority as far as the defense is concerned.

Tougher assignments and more attention.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Polk is absolutely a great #3 receiver. If Rome is indeed gone Shepard needs a new #1A or #1B out of the portal. McMillan will be a stud next year and he needs a top shelf running mate and I'm pretty sure the roster doesn't have that kid right now. No offense to Polk.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Polk is absolutely a great #3 receiver. If Rome is indeed gone Shepard needs a new #1A or #1B out of the portal. McMillan will be a stud next year and he needs a top shelf running mate and I'm pretty sure the roster doesn't have that kid right now. No offense to Polk.
    Polk is more than capable of being a wr1 or wr2
    Maybe. He’s not as quick as McMillan and doesn’t have the leaping ability or straight line speed of Rome. He’s a great piece to the puzzle and a great teammate but I’m not sure he’s good enough without an alpha dog like Rome taking heat off of him. I could be wrong. JMO
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Something he learned during his multiple Nebraska plungerings
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sources said:

Something he learned during his multiple Nebraska plungerings
    Arguably his biggest win too

I'm not saying Sark is going to make it here I'm saying if he does this is what it would look like
    Can you re-release some god damned classic HHB poods already while we get our OSN train going?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Polk has 650 yards on 38 catches while being overshadowed by the best WR duo in the country. He'd be a good WR1 on most teams, and will be a fantastic WR2 for us next year should it shake out that way.