Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did UW dodge a bullet?

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Tequilla said:

Consider this …

Perhaps someone was so unimpressed by Jen during the discussion/interviewing process that they decided that they would be better off waiting for a different opportunity

Really far fetched I know

Campbell being overrated is not mutually exclusive from Campbell also having no interest in working for a fucktard like Jen.

Really far fetched I know.
    IF a bullet was dodged, it would be by accident. This much we know.

Also, dodging one bullet doesn't mean the next one misses its intended target.

DeBoner could be Jimmy Lake Part Deux. He's certainly off to a shitty start.
    dtd said:

He's the one who made all you shit for brains forget ISU is historically one of the worst programs in the history of the sport(110th all time in winning %). He has 1 losing record in conference and overall in his entire career, his first at Iowa State. They've had winning records 5 straight years after going 3-9, 2-10, 3-9, 6-7, 6-7, 5-7 the previous six years before he got there, in Ames fucking Iowa. They hadn't had back to back winning seasons since 04/05. Meanwhile there are still retards who think Wilcocks would have been a solid hire, a loser in the middle of one of the single richest recruiting beds in the entire nation, but you? dodged a bullet with this guy? STFU.

So at the time Campbell took over, Iowa State was basically a .500 team. Four games under .500 during the three years before he was hired, to be precise. His record at Iowa State:

I'm still seeing meh. His record pretty much matches the eye test.

But yeah, it would have been a big dick hire. Everybody says so.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,242
    Tequilla said:

Consider this …

Perhaps someone was so unimpressed by Jen during the discussion/interviewing process that they decided that they would be better off waiting for a different opportunity

ND, Oklahoma, USC, etc all passed on him.

Jenn still sucks, don't twist.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

Consider this …

Campbell being overrated is not mutually exclusive from Campbell also having no interest in working for a fucktard like Jen.

Thsts kind of bs. DeBoer has a track record as a HC and it's a good one. He hasn't done fuckall right or wrong yet aside from failing to make splashy hires with whatever constraints the AD put on him.
  • MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 963
    But he had already made the playoffs.

And he had the sense to quit.
  • MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 963
    Tequilla said:

Consider this …

She must have forgotten to wear her leopard sweater.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,725 Standard Supporter
    Jen was flashing her saggy leopard tits at the wrong ISU coach

She should have brought back TJ Otzelberger and broomed that idiot Hop

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188
    dtd said:

He's the one who made all you shit for brains forget ISU is historically one of the worst programs in the history of the sport(110th all time in winning %). He has 1 losing record in conference and overall in his entire career, his first at Iowa State. They've had winning records 5 straight years after going 3-9, 2-10, 3-9, 6-7, 6-7, 5-7 the previous six years before he got there, in Ames fucking Iowa. They hadn't had back to back winning seasons since 04/05. Meanwhile there are still retards who think Wilcocks would have been a solid hire, a loser in the middle of one of the single richest recruiting beds in the entire nation, but you? dodged a bullet with this guy? STFU.

So he IS MEDIOCRE. TYFYS.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    He is basically mike Riley before he mailed it in during the later years.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    The fact that he chose not to go anywhere even though being a hot commodity speaks volumes.
    chuck said:

TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

Consider this …

Thsts kind of bs. DeBoer has a track record as a HC and it's a good one. He hasn't done fuckall right or wrong yet aside from failing to make splashy hires with whatever constraints the AD put on him.
    If you aren’t winning, you’re losing. The off-season natty is on the line and we? aren’t even in the top 100.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

chuck said:

TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

Consider this …

If you aren’t winning, you’re losing. The off-season natty is on the line and we? aren’t even in the top 100.
    Suppose that's true.

I hate this place during a losing offseason.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    DeBoner's CFB Coaching record

Still better than JMFL
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    edited December 2021
    Tough to say. Every coach is one good QB away from looking like a genius. The ISU QB is a big disappointment.

Still, fuck Campbell for turning down the money he was offered at UW. Also, he seems a little emotionally imbalanced when I see him on the sideline.

I don't like coaches who look like they cry a lot.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,560 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

dtd said:

I'm always impressed at how consistently confident you are in your shitty takes. It requires a certain discipline to go to bat like that for the Mike Riley of Ames.
    You'd have given your left nut for Mike Riley from Lambo to Pete.

hth: https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401256111
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,356 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know with what college football is now maybe I don't blame a guy for wanting to stay at a place with low expectations where you can still be mega rich all things considered and have to do less talking every single member of your team to want to stay every day and trying to figure out how to get guys who are mostly essentially less than minor league talent paid.

That said, I don't want a guy with that mindset to coach UW.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,173
    Don James lost the Tangerine Bowl at Kent State - his crowning achievement in taking a program to their mediocre pinnacle.

Anyone who thinks there are more sure fire options than the likes of DeBoer and Campbell (which are not guarantees) either expects us to poach a coach from a blue blood or is on a unicorn hunt.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    dtd said:

dtd said:

I'm always impressed at how consistently confident you are in your shitty takes. It requires a certain discipline to go to bat like that for the Mike Riley of Ames.
    You'd have given your left nut for Mike Riley from Lambo to Pete.

hth: https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401256111
    Riley > Sark > Ty POTD