Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,936 Founders Club
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    This article says Donovan was the QB coach for the Jax Jags. No credibility after that.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,390
    I thought it was a decent confirmation of what we have been watching. Raley aside, there are situations where hard-working, smart coaches just can't get the message through to the players, and it tanks...this clearly was not the case (because the message was fucked/non-existent), and I found it not surprising at all that corches that got it were looking for the exits early (Quat). The HC's approach, mentality and work ethic permeates every facet of the program. Assistants know that to advance in the bidness, you got to hitch your wagon to a good boss. Jimmy was a big-dick-swinger without the "big"...

Jen may not be competent, but she knew it was fucked up long before Jimmy gifted her the sideline "punch". Jimmy checked a LOT of boxes, other than the track record to execute as a HC and leader of a progrum. It was an easy (lazy) hire, and it backfired spectacularly...
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

If they were honest in the reporting, the headline would say “How UW Football Has Bottomed Out Under Jen Cohen“.

Jimmy was arrogant, hard-headed, delusional, and completely unprepared. He was also Jen’s first choice to replace a coach that had us contending nationally.

Jimmy was a symptom. Jen and the morons on upper campus are the real disease.

Totally agree. And I will add that while I don't have anything personal against Dan Raley, he and others in the media spent two months complaining about how negative and unruly we were being toward the situation at UW. And then after the shit hit the fan, they're writing and talking about how Kalen DeBoer is sweeping up the mess left by Jimmy Lake. There's a colossal lack of situational awareness and maybe even integrity with this sort of thing. The sort of thing we've seen over and over.
    a) Dan Raley should have given credit to Sonics as his article parroted what he said here 2-3 weeks ago as far as a timeline of how the disaster unfolded.

b) My #1 pet peeve is non media/opinionated sites who believe by being Pro-UW in their stance that they will somehow gain favor/access with the AD who could care less what they are saying to the deep end of the pool of the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of Husky Nation. And then once the barn is burnt down and gone, will then jump on the pile to say how shitty and toxic the building was.

But from those ashes, opportunity is born, and that is why HH has become the best site for fans who want to read about and discuss both the good and bad about the program and the once monopoly of Samek and Company twists in the wind and offers a now monthly best time to subscribe 1/2 off subscription model.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Even if you like and respect the achievements of the HC, the program has hired a staff that will best case take years to achieve the level of respect required to recruit high level talent ~ and which given our location will most probably make us a mid tiered program for the next few years.

This sums up how I feel as well. What is the carrot the 8 new asst. coaches have to bring in top recruits who look at a program that is the definition of JAG, and the 2 (maybe one if Adams heads to Oregon) who can recruit can't seem to develop and imo won't be here in a year anyway.

This is going to take awhile to turn around. The "there is talent all over the roster" argument is laughable and last two classes were abysmal. Unless our NIL program (which I guess.......... we......... have........) explodes and/or Kaleb gets the 10% of the transfer portal kids who will make a significant impact, we took a G5 coach and staff who has 1.5 years HC experience hoping he's a offensive guru.

• HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72

TXDawg said:

If they were honest in the reporting, the headline would say “How UW Football Has Bottomed Out Under Jen Cohen“.

Jimmy was arrogant, hard-headed, delusional, and completely unprepared. He was also Jen’s first choice to replace a coach that had us contending nationally.

Totally agree. And I will add that while I don't have anything personal against Dan Raley, he and others in the media spent two months complaining about how negative and unruly we were being toward the situation at UW. And then after the shit hit the fan, they're writing and talking about how Kalen DeBoer is sweeping up the mess left by Jimmy Lake. There's a colossal lack of situational awareness and maybe even integrity with this sort of thing. The sort of thing we've seen over and over.
    That’s the Seattle media in a nutshell. Too passive and never calling it like it is, until after the fact.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    I knew Raley was a fucking idiot, but I didn't realize the magnitude of his idiocy until I saw this article he wrote:

'Ex-Husky Ray Horton Wants to be Considered for UW Coaching Vacancy'

https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/ex-husky-ray-horton-wants-to-be-considered-for-uw-coaching-vacancy
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

This is interesting to me because it seems to be a Seattle thing and maybe what you would see in small towns which Seattle is not... In LA and SF / Bay area which is where I have been for the last 20 years the press has a few writers with stature that tell it like it is with a certain degree of class and truth serum accuracy as it is evolving.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

a) Dan Raley should have given credit to Sonics as his article parroted what he said here 2-3 weeks ago as far as a timeline of how the disaster unfolded.
    What thread was that in? Asking for a fren
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yimmy told Jenn and Pete he wanted to run a 30 yo NFL offense and system and they didn't even flinch before handing him that contract.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    TXDawg said:

It has been said...WeAreAFatLesboSchool
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Yimmy told Jenn and Pete he wanted to run a 30 yo NFL offense and system and they didn't even flinch before handing him that contract.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think the toughest offense for Lake to stop was the one he wanted to run on offense.

It should have been a red flag and hiring Donovan definitely was, but it was never going to work out and I dooged for no reason.
    Pretty damn funny when you put it that way.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club

haie said:

It takes a special kind of stupid to think the toughest offense for Lake to stop was the one he wanted to run on offense.

It should have been a red flag and hiring Donovan definitely was, but it was never going to work out and I dooged for no reason.
    brilliant observation, evokes images of Dawg scientists feverishly working to understand the physics of doorknob technology

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    Jesus, it looks like this loser spent about 20 minutes re-writing the Sonics post.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,534 Founders Club
    I called Raley out after he slurped Lake in late August and trashed fans. No response. Shocking!