Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Complaint Mob Justice...

Comments

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    @ChillyDawg

Know your audience, toughen up, and STAY!

...Or LEAVE.... your call
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

@ChillyDawg, step into my office; we need to talk.

I have this brother who--well, it's also my sister... and my dad... let's just say it's a family thing--well, these people, they keep having bad things "happen to them." They keep getting "screwed." My brother, for instance, has lost perhaps a half dozen jobs due to coworkers being "Jealous of how awesome of a performer he his, and therefore out to get him."

You'd think I could just tell him that my whole life I've found it ridiculously hard to get fired from a job. That, in every single one of his tragic stories, there's a common denominator: him. You'd think I could tell him that, and it would lead to deep introspection and change. You'd be wrong.

Read. The. Fucking. Room.

If EVERYONE is fucking-off your posts or talking shit, either you're awesome and this place just doesn't deserve you or you're not getting it and should change. The common denominator is you.

Speaking just for me, there are whole subforums here that I used to visit regularly and now almost completely avoid unless REALLY bored at work. The basketball forum, for instance. I know if I go there now, I'm going to have to sift through a billion @ChillyDawg YouTube videos before getting to somebody trying to throw down with @Tequilla about his IMA days, which is what I'm really there for. Like @Mad_Son said above, we all know how to Google. We're all at least sort of Husky fans who have our fingers on the pulse. If you're breaking news, that's great (and better to be first than right, ammirite, @backthepack?...). If you're posting the 18th YouTube clip of how awesome some Seattle kid who plays for Duke is and how much he sweats in a game, you're going to kill that thread if not that entire subforum.

Hardcore Husky is not the world's shittiest news aggregator. It's an internet hangout for a diverse group of ridiculously non-diverse white people who all happen to like Washington football. Have a personality and an opinion, then post it.

Tldr HH is like a really big group text. Don't spam your friends with Google links.
    This actually I agree with and disagree with. I appreciate the effort chilly brings to the board for actuall football content. There's about a dozen vocal posters that lose it when he posts some links as if he's desecrated the dwagfathers grave. If you don't like it skim past he's not detracting from anything.

On the other hand posting concise and relevant info will be read and enjoyed more often. You do you chilly but consider just tweaking the playbook.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Chilliwack? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahBtp_1jWE

Still trying to decide on what I call this guy
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,093
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

@ChillyDawg, step into my office; we need to talk.

I have this brother who--well, it's also my sister... and my dad... let's just say it's a family thing--well, these people, they keep having bad things "happen to them." They keep getting "screwed." My brother, for instance, has lost perhaps a half dozen jobs due to coworkers being "Jealous of how awesome of a performer he his, and therefore out to get him."

You'd think I could just tell him that my whole life I've found it ridiculously hard to get fired from a job. That, in every single one of his tragic stories, there's a common denominator: him. You'd think I could tell him that, and it would lead to deep introspection and change. You'd be wrong.

Read. The. Fucking. Room.

If EVERYONE is fucking-off your posts or talking shit, either you're awesome and this place just doesn't deserve you or you're not getting it and should change. The common denominator is you.

Speaking just for me, there are whole subforums here that I used to visit regularly and now almost completely avoid unless REALLY bored at work. The basketball forum, for instance. I know if I go there now, I'm going to have to sift through a billion @ChillyDawg YouTube videos before getting to somebody trying to throw down with @Tequilla about his IMA days, which is what I'm really there for. Like @Mad_Son said above, we all know how to Google. We're all at least sort of Husky fans who have our fingers on the pulse. If you're breaking news, that's great (and better to be first than right, ammirite, @backthepack?...). If you're posting the 18th YouTube clip of how awesome some Seattle kid who plays for Duke is and how much he sweats in a game, you're going to kill that thread if not that entire subforum.

Hardcore Husky is not the world's shittiest news aggregator. It's an internet hangout for a diverse group of ridiculously non-diverse white people who all happen to like Washington football. Have a personality and an opinion, then post it.

eh, pretending that there were a bunch of sub forums worth visiting that are now no longer is more than a bit disingenuous. His fuckoffs on kobe stopper generate more clicks for the site than anything else that forum provides.

This entire thread is dysfunctional. He gets lambasted for being thin skinned, and then other people whine about him posting twatter links? Seriously?

FYFMFE