Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ztf couch sale

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Awarding @RaceBannon "chin" for mwc logo.....the new big league in the west

@WeAreAMountainWestSchool

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He'll always be a DAWG

Frankly, I can't recall a significant play or anything he's done of consequence besides get hurt.

Let me know if you need a match
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ZTF can fuck off.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

like I said, a red flag

Legit question... With the recruiting landscape becoming much more complicated in the last five years, and players planning on a type of free agency (see Travis Hunter) how much do you think this is a red flag about the coach or an indication of how far back our entire football operations are from the rest of the country? This could be one and the same too, I suppose.
    My thought is that if I'm a current UW player, and a key one on the defense, I have witnessed my new coach addressing the team and laying out his vision for the future... and I'm still entering the portal.

I'm not saying I have completely given up on Deboer or anything else, other than to say that this is a red flag.
    It wouldn’t shock me if Texas (which is where he will go) isn’t offering significant 6 figures plus for him

CFB is in full fledged unregulated waters right now … it’s a complete mess
    10 times worse than pro sports. NIL/Transfer portal has created unlimited free agency with no rules and no salary cap.

Eklund on Dawgman talked about 20 guys leaving had JL stayed. When this is all done, we may still have 10 more leave. How much of this is a 1st time P5 coach, bringing in a essential first time P5 staff ?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Frankly, I can't recall a significant play or anything he's done of consequence besides get hurt.

This is only because nothing UW has done the last several years has been of consequence except to replace the bed sheets after some bed shittings.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

8-5
    3-1
    4-8

15-14 the last three years. No one will be missed.

Canadawg said:

He'll always be a DAWG

Let me know if you need a match
    2020. WJW
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    LawDawg1 said:

This is only because nothing UW has done the last several years has been of consequence except to replace the bed sheets after some bed shittings.
    We haven't won a large bowl game since 2001 so literally nothing since then has mattered and nothing of consequence will happen until we do so again. Generous of Damone to not charge us $10.95 for that.
  • Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Doogles said:

Portal opening up plus NIL is wild west crazy shit.

Pretty much every school is a farm league for the 10 programs with systems in place to pay heavy and hard.

We're relying on local business to see an investment in UW that makes sense for them, at the direction of Karen Ramming who is currently in a Kindergarten class somewhere smearing glue on her face.

Bama has an army of backy chewing hillbillies writing blank checks to invest in wins on Saturday.

I don't put any stock into ZTF portaling out as a red flag for Deboer.

He's an injury prone guy who flashed during Covid year. He needs money now because it may not come on Sundays. I would do the same, gotta make hey when the sun shines.

You and Teq made good points and mostly changed my mind
    I don't think these portals are any kind of indictment on the HC or staff. It's just the new norm. Look at the Wyoming situation. Bohl is a solid fixture in Laramie (until he has that one breakout season and Nebraska comes calling) and they lost Levi Williams and their top WR this week. It's happening to every program in cfb. Who knows what these kids want anymore. They belong to the "instant gratification" generation. Instead of working to better their situation the portal has given them the opportunity to simply find a better situation. Or what they perceive as a better situation. The grass is greener effect.
    It's one of the reasons I gravitated away from major cfb and towards fcs football and NDSU.
    Just sayin
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    Swaye's Wigwam

at the direction of Karen Ramming who is currently in a Kindergarten class somewhere smearing glue on her face.

Wood
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter
    I'm sure Breckterfield has given him a call.
    Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

like I said, a red flag

Legit question... With the recruiting landscape becoming much more complicated in the last five years, and players planning on a type of free agency (see Travis Hunter) how much do you think this is a red flag about the coach or an indication of how far back our entire football operations are from the rest of the country? This could be one and the same too, I suppose.
    My thought is that if I'm a current UW player, and a key one on the defense, I have witnessed my new coach addressing the team and laying out his vision for the future... and I'm still entering the portal.

I'm not saying I have completely given up on Deboer or anything else, other than to say that this is a red flag.
    It wouldn’t shock me if Texas (which is where he will go) isn’t offering significant 6 figures plus for him

10 times worse than pro sports. NIL/Transfer portal has created unlimited free agency with no rules and no salary cap.

Eklund on Dawgman talked about 20 guys leaving had JL stayed. When this is all done, we may still have 10 more leave. How much of this is a 1st time P5 coach, bringing in a essential first time P5 staff ?
    Bingo

Everybody is on a 1 year contract

No payout constraints (which effectively are in place in every other league in the world cap or no cap)

There’s effectively no rules in the sport with any kind of teeth

It’s a complete joke and will be the death of the sport if they don’t fix in relatively short order
    This is part of a larger problem in that universities became big business once the Federal government got more involved in financing them via tuition subsidies. Universities staffed up while States cut support to better fund their own pension obligations. The Great Recession compounded it all and then fewer international students paying sky-high tuition rates (while crowding out State applicants who pay 1/4 to 1/5 as much) starting with the China about 5 years ago. Covid accelerated the trend for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years and we are where we are.

All of the above means the College-Industrial complex is voraciously money hungry. It finally received glaring scrutiny from families, the media, influential businessmen, and even *some* politicians. So in this present environment, schools will do whatever it takes to get the money flowing in and that milking college football as much as they can.

My (hopeful) guess is that it continues for another year or two and then after most conferences have renewed their massive TV deals, they will change the rules because what can't go on forever won't.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

like I said, a red flag

Bingo

No payout constraints (which effectively are in place in every other league in the world cap or no cap)

It’s a complete joke and will be the death of the sport if they don’t fix in relatively short order
    This is part of a larger problem in that universities became big business once the Federal government got more involved in financing them via tuition subsidies. Universities staffed up while States cut support to better fund their own pension obligations. The Great Recession compounded it all and then fewer international students paying sky-high tuition rates (while crowding out State applicants who pay 1/4 to 1/5 as much) starting with the China about 5 years ago. Covid accelerated the trend for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years and we are where we are.

All of the above means the College-Industrial complex is voraciously money hungry. It finally received glaring scrutiny from families, the media, influential businessmen, and even *some* politicians. So in this present environment, schools will do whatever it takes to get the money flowing in and that milking college football as much as they can.

My (hopeful) guess is that it continues for another year or two and then after most conferences have renewed their massive TV deals, they will change the rules because what can't go on forever won't.
    When was the last time or any time you heard of a public university making cuts to administration and staff costs?
  • Options
    lvdlvd Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

like I said, a red flag

Bingo

It's definitely going down hill faster than originally thought. People/fans will continue asking why are these 'students' even bother going to a university if they moving every year like free agents. And maybe some privately financed companies/non-schools will start taking the leading in really pushing the NIL limits. The next couple of years is going to be entertaining watching more extreme off the field theatrics.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

like I said, a red flag

Bingo

When was the last time or any time you heard of a public university making cuts to administration and staff costs?
    Yeah they staffed up like the good times would always continue and then haven't cut back.

It's the similar vein of "there's nothing so permanent as a temporary government program".
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This NIL and portal bullshit is only going to benefit shitty coaches who are good salesman who luck their way into a big job like Sark. They’re going to recruit like hell and not worry about any sort of development because they can just pay a naive and ignorant kid from somewhere else who doesn’t need to be coached up anymore.

In about 10 years the only good coaches who grind and make their teams better are going to be FCS or below where coaching will actually matter.

Ok I have to go back and yell at clouds while I shovel some driveways.