Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roll out "secondary is young this year excuse" again.... and again.... and again...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The youth excuse actually started in 2000 by Ted Miller who was describing our skill guys.

UW was still the favorites and expected to win conference in spite of youth.

Youth became a crutch during the Ty years which is funny because in 2006 and 2007 we had 20+ fifth year seniors.

As always Doogs ignored the facts on Ty as Doogs hate facts.

Just like they always said Sark had a young team in 2010 because he played 16 true freshman. I used to always tell them that number is so high because Sark is a dumb fuck. Look at the contributors on that 2010 team they were all upperclassman or in the case of Chris Polk a redshirt sophomore.

I remember the secondary was thin even back in the last couple of Lambo years. The secondary is ALWAYS YOUNG, with the possible exception of last season, where there was a slight improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

The youth excuse actually started in 2000 by Ted Miller who was describing our skill guys.

Youth became a crutch during the Ty years which is funny because in 2006 and 2007 we had 20+ fifth year seniors.

Just like they always said Sark had a young team in 2010 because he played 16 true freshman. I used to always tell them that number is so high because Sark is a dumb fuck. Look at the contributors on that 2010 team they were all upperclassman or in the case of Chris Polk a redshirt sophomore.

I remember the secondary was thin even back in the last couple of Lambo years. The secondary is ALWAYS YOUNG, with the possible exception of last season, where there was a slight improvement.
    I'm not debating any of that just telling the story of when "We are young" was official which was 2000 by Ted Miller. Became a crutch under Ty even though we actually weren't young.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i just found myself watching the husky softball game for a second (damn theres some fat asses on that field)

anyways, some husky girl jacked a 2 run homer and, well, the whole team was waiting at home plate doing the lawnmower as she rounded the bases. lol
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    and barking i should add
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

i just found myself watching the husky softball game for a second (damn theres some fat asses on that field)

anyways, some husky girl jacked a 2 run homer and, well, the whole team was waiting at home plate doing the lawnmower as she rounded the bases. lol

brb jo to Amazons
  • Options

I'm not debating any of that just telling the story of when "We are young" was official which was 2000 by Ted Miller. Became a crutch under Ty even though we actually weren't young.
    Unless there are two srs. and 17 freshmen starting or receiving significant playing time it's always bullshit. I remember pointing out to people on Dawgman that LSU and Oregon had more young players and we did. The more I think about Kim's lies and propaganda and their minion's stupidity, the more I shake my head.
    Oh I used to always point that out how Oregon is actually younger than us back in 2010-2012. Sark like Ty actually had some experienced teams in his second and third year. Much more experienced teams than Petersen will have in year two.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Unless there are two srs. and 17 freshmen starting or receiving significant playing time it's always bullshit. I remember pointing out to people on Dawgman that LSU and Oregon had more young players and we did. The more I think about Kim's lies and propaganda and their minion's stupidity, the more I shake my head.
    Oh I used to always point that out how Oregon is actually younger than us back in 2010-2012. Sark like Ty actually had some experienced teams in his second and third year. Much more experienced teams than Petersen will have in year two.
    Great talent become starters as Freshmen. If they don't, they either weren't as talented as the lemonparty TBS "experts" thought they were or, they are stuck behind NFL talent at their position.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Girls can do lawnmower dance...that's fine. Hell, softball has all those kooky chants/dances/rituals anyways.
    phineas said:

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Girls can do lawnmower dance...that's fine. Hell, softball has all those kooky chants/dances/rituals anyways.

That shit defines girls sports.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014

HuskyJW said:

That shit defines girls sports.

HRYK

Girls sports is where cheerleaders who are too fat or ugly or uncoordinated to cheer for the boys (abundance?) go and cheer for each other.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That is was choreographed is what really bothered me about the lawnmower. Let the players dance away, but don't make them do choreographed dances with equipment managers and assistant strength coaches yelling at his who aren't participating. These guys aren't playing softball and they aren't 10.

Peterman is strict and somewhat controlling, kind of like a parent, but he's not treating them like Sally treats little Billy and his friends from his rec soccer team.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

That is was choreographed is what really bothered me about the lawnmower. Let the players dance away, but don't make them do choreographed dances with equipment managers and assistant strength coaches yelling at his who aren't participating. These guys aren't playing softball and they aren't 10.

Peterman is strict and somewhat controlling, kind of like a parent, but he's not treating them like Sally treats little Billy and his friends from his rec soccer team.

The Pre OSU game impromptu dance fest that rubbed a lot of you fuckers the wrong way last year didn't bother me one bit. The team was just vibing before the game and getting loose. NBD, especially considering the result.

But organized lawnmower cheer leader dancing is unacceptable. This isn't slow pitch dude brah, it ain't intermurals brotha.
  • Options

It was a fucking embarrassment considering the fact they aren't using those precious minutes on something important like fucking special teams!!!!

It's not like UW was amazing at every facet of the game where they can screw off and do some gay(75k) ass dance moves. There was plenty of work that needed to be done.

Like Jimmy Lake said this year you can have fun at practice but come December you won't be having fun going 7-6 or 8-4(I love that Lake has given some not so subtle jabs towards Dude Brah).