Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tyrone Willingham says hold my beer

2»

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Semi-related but was just thinking about how 2005 (Willingham's first) doesn't get brought up enough as an all-time bad season and basically just as bad as 2004 or 2008. They beat an atrocious Idaho team coached by Nick Holt and a terrible Arizona team. Lost to a four-win Air Force team and to a winless in-conference Coug team in Seattle.

That 2004-05 stretch of three wins and one Pac-12 win is a than the 0-12 season,.

I attended that Air Force game. It was some of the most uninspired football I've ever watched.
    I turned to my dad and said, "Why are we wearing Notre Dame's colors?"
    One of the weirdest games I've ever been to. Being in Seahawks Stadium made it extra uninspiring. I was also there the next week when they lost by 40 at home to a Cal team that went 3-4 in-conference after that game with Joe Ayoob at QB.

I knew it was all over for Willingham at that point.
    Aaron Rodgers was the Cal QB that year. I actually interviewed him after that 2004 game.
    Was he weird as hell back then too?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    I took one of my kids to the away game in Seattle. Only good thing was good seats.

But the new DC coach, remember him from the op?, so was it a black guy calling the other black guy an Uncle Tom because he was hired BY a white guy?
    or was it a it a black guy calling the other black guy an Uncle Tom because he was hired AS a white guy?

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Wait I was right about the 56-17 game being in 2004, I just looked it up. The 2005 game was 42-12.

This gets me going

Ah fuck it's your sig
    Hey, you like canines. This is the place for you.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

sorting out the massive plungerings by Cal in the mid-2000s is tricky because there were so many and they were so similar.

The 2003 game, a 54-7 loss in Berkley, my dad called me after the game. "Son, I'm calling from the 19th floor of the Acme Hotel. I'm on the ledge and trying to talk myself out of jumping."
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

Semi-related but was just thinking about how 2005 (Willingham's first) doesn't get brought up enough as an all-time bad season and basically just as bad as 2004 or 2008. They beat an atrocious Idaho team coached by Nick Holt and a terrible Arizona team. Lost to a four-win Air Force team and to a winless in-conference Coug team in Seattle.

That 2004-05 stretch of three wins and one Pac-12 win is a than the 0-12 season,.

I attended that Air Force game. It was some of the most uninspired football I've ever watched.
    I turned to my dad and said, "Why are we wearing Notre Dame's colors?"
    One of the weirdest games I've ever been to. Being in Seahawks Stadium made it extra uninspiring. I was also there the next week when they lost by 40 at home to a Cal team that went 3-4 in-conference after that game with Joe Ayoob at QB.

I knew it was all over for Willingham at that point.
    Aaron Rodgers was the Cal QB that year. I actually interviewed him after that 2004 game.
    Was he weird as hell back then too?
    It was nothing special.

@BearsWiin
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972

sorting out the massive plungerings by Cal in the mid-2000s is tricky because there were so many and they were so similar.

The 2003 game, a 54-7 loss in Berkley, my dad called me after the game. "Son, I'm calling from the 19th floor of the Acme Hotel. I'm on the ledge and trying to talk myself out of jumping."
    I was at that game. My first in person game since the Rose Bowl. I had never seen a team quit before until that game. Cals RB Justin F something ripped off a huge run and UWs shoulders just collapsed…in the first quarter.