Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,579 Founders Club
    Take Asa with you Will
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Failing upwards
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam

It could be argued that Washington's porous run defense led to having a highly-ranked pass defense which led to Will Harris earning sufficient recognition to become the DC at GA Southern.

You'd figure someone who coached against him like Helton would know that, but I guess Clay is gonna Clay
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    This news should be celebrated.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Forgot he was here until this news
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

But how is Dan Raley a clueless moron?
    "He was the one ousted coach a lot of UW fans would have most preferred to see retained by new coach Kalen DeBoer. "

That's funny, because I hated him more than any other assistant. In fact, I'm getting angry again just typing this. I need help.

But anyways - it was clear that Harris had no actual football bonafides coming into UW, and was purely a recruiting play. And he then proceeded to do jack shit in recruiting, and wouldn't even do the bare minimum of twitter teen boi stalking. For all the hype of being a young, charismatic Pete Carroll era SoCal personality who could relate to the young brothas, Will Harris was anything but. The dude somehow couldn't sell the unique NFL factory we had in the defensive backfield, with the architect of that backfield as the head coach. In a lot of ways he was the perfect lazy piece of shit assistant to our lazy piece of shit head coach, Jimmy Lake.

This dumb fucker should be sued for breach of contract and bilking taxpayers out of several hundred thousand dollars. At least John Donovan very clearly put his stamp on the program and worked hard to implement an unbelievably incompetent offense. But Will Harris? That freeloading cunt was nowhere to be seen.
    He speaks the truth.

Slow clap building…
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    That is one hell of an unflattering headshot.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    edited December 2021

"He was the one ousted coach a lot of UW fans would have most preferred to see retained by new coach Kalen DeBoer. "

That's funny, because I hated him more than any other assistant. In fact, I'm getting angry again just typing this. I need help.

But anyways - it was clear that Harris had no actual football bonafides coming into UW, and was purely a recruiting play. And he then proceeded to do jack shit in recruiting, and wouldn't even do the bare minimum of twitter teen boi stalking. For all the hype of being a young, charismatic Pete Carroll era SoCal personality who could relate to the young brothas, Will Harris was anything but. The dude somehow couldn't sell the unique NFL factory we had in the defensive backfield, with the architect of that backfield as the head coach. In a lot of ways he was the perfect lazy piece of shit assistant to our lazy piece of shit head coach, Jimmy Lake.

This dumb fucker should be sued for breach of contract and bilking taxpayers out of several hundred thousand dollars. At least John Donovan very clearly put his stamp on the program and worked hard to implement an unbelievably incompetent offense. But Will Harris? That freeloading cunt was nowhere to be seen.
    I generally agree but I still give some benefit of a doubt that Jimmy's lackadaisical approach to recruiting trickled down to the rest of the staff. It all starts at the top and if the head man is telling his coaches they don't have to recruit that hard because their development is so superior then why would the assistants work harder than they have to? I'm not saying Will Harris is a good recruiter by any means so don't twist but if he was working for say, Meathead, I would put money on him pulling in a 4* DB or two.

As an aside, I know DeBoner's staff doesn't have the splashy names but we always say recruiting is mostly effort and it does seem like they are working hard. Tons of offers are going out, the early junior day, and the hiring of Morgan signals to me that they will be aggressive going forward.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know man. He posted really freaking cool Instagram stories driving in a nice car listening to 2pac and DDY loved them because it was "fast strategy"
    Sure, but to be fair, TSIO called him out pretty early too.