Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Pasadena

124»

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm not pro banning but man...I really wanted that kid gone. He was wrecking every thread. It doesn't take long with a guy like that before people start drifring off and traffic is reduced to the weirdo and a couple of regulars arguing.

That's always the fine line to walk.
    Yeah. I know you wouldn't have banned him if he hadn't asked and that's correct. One out of 10 of his posts were sane and relatively intelligent. It appeared that my tactic of ignoring his shit posts was working for me and a lot of others too, then no warning....

That works too. I wonder if he was frustrated that tagging guys he thought would jump in on his side wasn't getting any response and that's what drove him to drink the bleach.
    If I feel like a poster is a vine that has wrapped itself completely around the boards and will ultimately drive away traffic, then I take action.

Behind the scenes I was PMing with Pasadena a lot in trying to school him to become better. I never threatened to ban him and I didn't have plans to let him go, but things couldn't continue in the direction they were going, and I was applying subtle pressure, like braces on teeth.

I PM'd with Chilly a couple weeks ago and he is very reasonable. I think he understands the criticisms. He agreed to not post on the main board. The thing is that his posts aren't altogether bad, it's just that he posts so prolifically that it feels like the boards are being choked by vines. So how to promote free speech while not driving all the patrons out of the bar?

Anyway, we'll find middle ground and get things sorted out. He's not a bad guy.
    Chilly is trying to provide a service and seems to be getting his reads down as time goes on. I appreciate all the links. I just don't want to scroll past the same links in a half dozen, or more, different threads.
    maybe the real enemy here is the reply function. Devs?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

But he is Basnight, right?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Speaking of links, there a way to turn off the warning thing?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chilly brings interesting content but its lost in the volume

Less is more Chilly. Try it on for size.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Williams3 said:

This is true

Remember that new fish
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Williams3 said:

This is true

@Williams3 with 7 posts and a Wam subscription. Respeck.

You see that you cheap fucks? Render unto @DerekJohnson some nice giving this Holiday Season.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Were Williams1-2 already taken?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm not pro banning but man...I really wanted that kid gone. He was wrecking every thread. It doesn't take long with a guy like that before people start drifring off and traffic is reduced to the weirdo and a couple of regulars arguing.

That's always the fine line to walk.
    Yeah. I know you wouldn't have banned him if he hadn't asked and that's correct. One out of 10 of his posts were sane and relatively intelligent. It appeared that my tactic of ignoring his shit posts was working for me and a lot of others too, then no warning....

That works too. I wonder if he was frustrated that tagging guys he thought would jump in on his side wasn't getting any response and that's what drove him to drink the bleach.
    If I feel like a poster is a vine that has wrapped itself completely around the boards and will ultimately drive away traffic, then I take action.

Behind the scenes I was PMing with Pasadena a lot in trying to school him to become better. I never threatened to ban him and I didn't have plans to let him go, but things couldn't continue in the direction they were going, and I was applying subtle pressure, like braces on teeth.

I PM'd with Chilly a couple weeks ago and he is very reasonable. I think he understands the criticisms. He agreed to not post on the main board. The thing is that his posts aren't altogether bad, it's just that he posts so prolifically that it feels like the boards are being choked by vines. So how to promote free speech while not driving all the patrons out of the bar?

Chilly is trying to provide a service and seems to be getting his reads down as time goes on. I appreciate all the links. I just don't want to scroll past the same links in a half dozen, or more, different threads.
    @ChillyDawg is just another AI. Give it time to get it's algorithms down and it will be dialed in in no time.
    Negative, I been here for years still waiting to get my reads down
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Williams3 said:

This is true

@Williams3 with 7 posts and a Wam subscription. Respeck.

You see that you cheap fucks? Render unto @DerekJohnson some nice giving this Holiday Season.
    In this economy?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

this is another spooge in the making, mark my words

so he came back with a new now deleted handle to give this post a fuck off. spooge confirmed?