Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This guy needs an invite

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
marfar
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 80 months ago, User Post Count: 741
14 hrs
VIP
80 months

This won't be popular but it is NOT meant as a troll job. This needs to be heard.

I was excited about Lanning but hes made two major mistakes in his choice of OC and Co-DC. He's simply hiring his buddies who are getting their first shot at a promotion. Dillingham has zero playcalling experience. If you were on Twitter Spaces when Joey came on to clear the air you then you heard it confirmed. Now our Co-DC has nothing more than 2 years of Power 5 experience as a Safeties Coach/Special Teams Coordinator. This makes Lannings lack of experience abundantly clear.

These are the hires you might expect at the FCS level, but certainly not Mighty Oregon.

This is salvageable with some quality hires elsewhere (Tosh L.?) but the trajectory we are currently on is highly suspect.

No other season would we settle for an OC that's never called plays. No other season would we be excited for Co-DC with such sparse experience. The biggest highlight of Powledges experience is coaching ONE player who happened to be a stud. That's the most impressive thing on his resume.

These are AWFUL hires. If you want to be a Homer sunshine pumper with frosted green glasses then go right ahead..

Mods feel free to lock this thread but please don't delete it. This needs to be heard.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,304
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd pile on but experience tells me the Oregon hire will work out and the UW one won't

Neither one is overwhelming
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'd pile on but experience tells me the Oregon hire will work out and the UW one won't

Neither one is overwhelming

@WoolleyDoog is 1,000% convinced that UW is forever cursed and Oregon is blessed by divine providence.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    You lost me at 5 pick. FTG. He’s never right. Just a whiny ass at this point. His letter was old guy thinking. Back to the future Crap.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    And he got crucified. As they say, if you speak the truth, have a foot in the stirrup.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    Maybe Joey 5 pick can convince Lanning to bring back gang green? 5 picks has all of the answers on PDX sports radio. A.J. Feeley was always the best QB at Oregon during Joey's time. In today's world he would have transferred out and started at most of the schools in country.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2021
    46XiJCAB said:

Maybe Joey 5 pick can convince Lanning to bring back gang green? 5 picks has all of the answers on PDX sports radio. A.J. Feeley was always the best QB at Oregon during Joey's time. In today's world he would have transferred out and started at most of the schools in country.

Feeley was one of the best long term backups Oregon ever had.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,349
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I think Lanning will work out well, especially with Xbox and our A and M recruiting guy... you guys with deboner are decent too... but we will see what he can do with your poor talent, probably worse than his FSU talent truthfully.... lol. At least DL has talent to work with. And can't do worse than Mario in calling games. And Dilly is a good qb developer.