Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What kind of sick world

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,465 Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

do we live in when the likes of Old Dominion and UT San Antonio are playing in bowl games and the Huskies are not?

What kind of world are we living in where Bob Gregory is promoted from ILB coach to defensive coordinator to interim head coach less than two years after overseeing the worst Husky linebacker play of all-time?
    What, exactly, did Kyler Manu ever do to you?
    Well he's still costing me $300 a month for my therapist. Not sure the human brain is supposed to comprehend his gap choices
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165

do we live in when the likes of Old Dominion and UT San Antonio are playing in bowl games and the Huskies are not?

I want to:

1. Get rid of all the bowls except the first tier (Orange, Rose, Fiesta, Sugar and I would add back in the Cotton) and one level of secondary bowls (Holiday, Citrus, Sun, Alamo, Gator, Peach or whatever - take your pick but limit the to 5 or 6 and that's it).

2. I would not allow bowls to be named by stupid people. Your choices are fruit, flowers, fierce animals and a few that can be grandfathered in like the Sun or Holiday. After that, no mas dumb sounding bowls like the Pin Stripe. WTF thought of that? Wrong sport dipshit.

3. Firebomb Tuscaloosa (not genocide; just football ops)

3. Make the playoffs illegal; I like arguing

4. Make any team who fails to schedule and play at least one P5 non-con ineligible for the first tier.

5. Realign the conferences to eliminate goofy geographical alliances. I'd kick Nebraska out of the Big 10, Syracuse and Boston College out of the ACC and rebuild the SWC and make the teams who are supposed to be there be there.

6. Make Notre Dame join a conference for all sports or be an independent for all sports. No cherrypicking.

I know, a lot of stupid shit, but cfb is run by stupid so what's a little more stupid if it makes me happy.
    So you want it to be 1970 again. And firebomb Tuscaloosa.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,613 Founders Club

I want to:

1. Get rid of all the bowls except the first tier (Orange, Rose, Fiesta, Sugar and I would add back in the Cotton) and one level of secondary bowls (Holiday, Citrus, Sun, Alamo, Gator, Peach or whatever - take your pick but limit the to 5 or 6 and that's it).

2. I would not allow bowls to be named by stupid people. Your choices are fruit, flowers, fierce animals and a few that can be grandfathered in like the Sun or Holiday. After that, no mas dumb sounding bowls like the Pin Stripe. WTF thought of that? Wrong sport dipshit.

4. Make any team who fails to schedule and play at least one P5 non-con ineligible for the first tier.

5. Realign the conferences to eliminate goofy geographical alliances. I'd kick Nebraska out of the Big 10, Syracuse and Boston College out of the ACC and rebuild the SWC and make the teams who are supposed to be there be there.

6. Make Notre Dame join a conference for all sports or be an independent for all sports. No cherrypicking.

I know, a lot of stupid shit, but cfb is run by stupid so what's a little more stupid if it makes me happy.
    chinned for three
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I want to:

I stopped reading after #2. Agree with 1 and 2. 3 and 4 should be end the transfer portal and kill NIL. Stop there and we are back to an interesting and fun sport. #5 is good too.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,613 Founders Club
    I was going to do a Bowl Pick Em but it was a busy week. Also, I looked at the lineup and most of it is trash until Xmas day. Even then, it's like 6-6 BC against 7-5 South Carolina in some bowl game in Hartford Connecticut where there will be 15 inches of snow or something. People need to stop watching these games, buying tickets, and betting on them. They should let two teams from each low level conference get in max. I'm old enough to remember the Grape Bowl in Fresno or whatever. That's all the little guys got.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,021

I want to:

I stopped reading after #2. Agree with 1 and 2. 3 and 4 should be end the transfer portal and kill NIL. Stop there and we are back to an interesting and fun sport. #5 is good too.

Yes, I agree ... kill the transfer portal and the NIL. The transfer portal threatens the game IMO. Too much optionality for a 19 year old kid who's had his ass kissed incessantly since he was 13 and still thinking with his brain stem is not a recipe for success. For anyone.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,737

the kind in which we? lost to Montana and fire the coach
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam

I want to:

So since you stopped reading after #2, I take it you're saying that @creepycoug is such a good poster that you're just going to assume without even looking that his #5 is nails?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,559 Standard Supporter
    What kind of sick world do we live in when Oregon's "co-dc" is from Sam Houston State?
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 829 Founders Club

Birds Up, Baby!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    Since the beavs now own us its not funny anymore. Who has my old avatar

I need that back
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Wow last in the pac baby
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 467

Since the beavs now own us its not funny anymore. Who has my old avatar

I need that back</

My favorite avatar here is your sweet precious Benny.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,725 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

I want to:

7. Add the Sativa Bowl - both teams have to be from states where cannabis is legal and agree to smoking about 15 minutes before kickoff. Sponsored by Snoop Dog and Taco Bell.

Coaches have two challenges (one each half) where the opposing team has to gather and smoke a bowl before being allowed to return to the field.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,703 Founders Club
    edited December 2021

Has there been a decent bowel game on yet?