Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apparently Urban Meyer physically kicked Lambo

Comments

• RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club

Urban was hated by the MAC when he was at Bowling Green

He's an extreme example but average losers hate above average winners

The Pac hated Don James

UW and some idiot fans think UW needs a coach that everyone likes because he does it the right way

So we keep hiring losers

If Urban was still a winner, I'd say hire him and who gives shit about the extra-curriculars. But I don't think he is a winner anymore and I seriously doubt his ability to win again after he's so thoroughly humiliated himself and tanked his credibility as a coach.

But what do I know, plenty of assclowns have redeemed themselves before in this profession of fuckheads.
    His last college game was a Rose Bowl win over Petersen

Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 with those Cowboys. Skip said this morning that it was a good thing there was no internet because the players hated his guts

America loves a comeback but it won't be at UW

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    Now THAT is rich. Very, tequillaesque.
    I try to stay on brand

46XiJCAB said:

The Pac hated Don James

UW and some idiot fans think UW needs a coach that everyone likes because he does it the right way

So we keep hiring losers

So, Winning with bad man > losing with good man? Pole the shareholders.
    Already done

Tequilla loved Emmett and Turner and Ty

Case closed
    You’ve been running with that narrative for 15 years …

At no point has that ever been an accurate narrative

Get fucked
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

The Pac hated Don James

So we keep hiring losers

Already done

Case closed

Get fucked
    We have all the screen shots we need

Loser
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,496 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    How is hiring one of the winningest coaches in CFB being an idiot?
    You might be missing a little context there. Like the part where he completely tanked his reputation in the three years since he left CFB and is now the laughing stock of the entire football community. The stories of his brief nine months in Jacksonville are already the stuff of legends, and it would be near impossible for him to walk into a living room and command any respect, even from dipshit teenagers.

The Texas assistant who is dating the stripper with the monkey is taken more seriously than Urban. The guy has fucking cemented himself as a lifetime clown. His only move now is to go into politics.
    He's hardly the first college coach to flame out at the NFL level and won't be the last. If you think the off-field stuff is a deal breaker you haven't been watching college football for the last decade. Someone would take a flyer on him, they'd have some press conference where he talks about turning over a new leaf, and he would still be better than 98% of the coaches at this level.

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

The Pac hated Don James

So we keep hiring losers

Already done

Case closed

Get fucked

Loser
    And nowhere in that screen shot will you find what you claim

Your position is that the a University President should actively be involved with hiring/firing decisions of a football coach … I noted then and will do today saying that that’s the AD’s job in rare instances

It is the President’s job to make hiring/firing decisions on the AD … Emmett did fire Turner (who is easily the worst AD in the history of UW) after Turned refused to fire Tyrone

Tyrone clearly deserved to be fired after 2007 … I was strongly advocating for that

There were political forces in play in 2007 that made firing Tyrone potentially bad business for a sitting University President who has more to think about than football results

Continue to twist positions around old man …
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,399
    46XiJCAB said:

The Pac hated Don James

So we keep hiring losers

You don't want to see how the sausage is made...every coach has decisions, actions, and interactions that while being uncomfortable at the time, and possibly regrettable down the line, are what's best for the program. As a college guy, he was running the show, so he had a lot of layers of cover, provided by people whose careers were hanging in the balance, to do whatever he wanted. He could fuck with whoever he wanted to with no repercussions, and no one to answer to. Alums and boosters are happy when you win, so all else is overlooked ( "He's a prick, but he's OUR prick"). When the heat turned to fire, he pulled the "I have headaches, and want to spend more tim with the fam" card, twice. He knew what was coming, and he bailed, twice.

One of the iron laws of coaching..."If you do something that reflects poorly on the program, you will no longer be a part of the program"...

In the NFL, he had someone to answer to...the guy with a big 'stashe, and a bigger checkbook.

As far as "hating" goes, I wanted to hate Chip at Oregon, but I grew to respect the hell out of what he created there, on a technical level. Same with Shaw. They created a mentality of, "this is who we are, this is what we do, try to stop it". I could do without the smirking and smugness, but it is where we are. As long as they had players, it worked.

You have got to manage people...college kids (and ADs) have no leverage (IF you are winning) so everyone toes the line. Urbs is apparently about Urbs first, second, and third, and everyone else can fuck off...It can work in college, but not with adults (NFL), and an owner. They all have ego, Urbs couldn't control his.

There is no question he has had great success on the field, but I wouldn't work for him, and wouldn't want my son to play for him. I'm not looking for a Boy Scout troop leader ($75K), but first and foremost you've got to lead, and people won't follow someone they don't trust, when they know better / have a choice. He's been exposed, spectacularly...
    tl/dr/my two cents...
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

46XiJCAB said:

The Pac hated Don James

So we keep hiring losers

Already done

Case closed

Get fucked

Loser
    And nowhere in that screen shot will you find what you claim

Your position is that the a University President should actively be involved with hiring/firing decisions of a football coach … I noted then and will do today saying that that’s the AD’s job in rare instances

It is the President’s job to make hiring/firing decisions on the AD … Emmett did fire Turner (who is easily the worst AD in the history of UW) after Turned refused to fire Tyrone

Tyrone clearly deserved to be fired after 2007 … I was strongly advocating for that

There were political forces in play in 2007 that made firing Tyrone potentially bad business for a sitting University President who has more to think about than football results

Continue to twist positions around old man …
    lol
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    edited December 2021

Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    How is hiring one of the winningest coaches in CFB being an idiot?
    You might be missing a little context there. Like the part where he completely tanked his reputation in the three years since he left CFB and is now the laughing stock of the entire football community. The stories of his brief nine months in Jacksonville are already the stuff of legends, and it would be near impossible for him to walk into a living room and command any respect, even from dipshit teenagers.

The Texas assistant who is dating the stripper with the monkey is taken more seriously than Urban. The guy has fucking cemented himself as a lifetime clown. His only move now is to go into politics.
    He's hardly the first college coach to flame out at the NFL level and won't be the last. If you think the off-field stuff is a deal breaker you haven't been watching college football for the last decade. Someone would take a flyer on him, they'd have some press conference where he talks about turning over a new leaf, and he would still be better than 98% of the coaches at this level.
    Something tells me you haven't read up on exactly what he's been doing in Jax and just how epic his unraveling has been. If I thought this was your run of the mill "off the field baggage" I'd agree, give him another shot.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    Dude got multiple rings.
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    Dude got multiple rings.
    In the past
    Coaching a triple murderer at Florida didn't slow him down

You can't stop him

He made Petersen quit
    A lot of moral signaling going on here. Dude would bring instant credibility to our shit program. Dude is a POS, but he is winner. The winning part is more important.
    FireCohen said:

A lot of moral signaling going on here. Dude would bring instant credibility to our shit program. Dude is a POS, but he is winner. The winning part is more important.

UW has the program they want and deserve

It's only taken me 30 years to remember this on occasion
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Urban sucks at the pro level but every big time college will be throwing their panties at him to get him to coach. NOGAF that he is a sleezball, he wins a lot of football games.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,021

UW

I've heard it's his dream job. After USC, of course.
    Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

I'd hire him tomorrow

You’re also an idiot
    Dude got multiple rings.
    In the past
    Like in the last fucking decade and played in some recent ones too. Dude has won at every college program he has been at. I can’t believe some of you are arguing against this. We all know, in CFB the fucking HC is what matters.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,021
    Another great college coach flames out in the NFL. Superior, Saban and now Urbs. Dong James knew what he was doing when he said, "no".

How many coaches have won a college natty and been widely viewed as successful as a head coach in the NFL ... not necessarily a Super Bowl, but just generally successful?

Another great college coach flames out in the NFL. Superior, Saban and now Urbs. Dong James knew what he was doing when he said, "no".

How many coaches have won a college natty and been widely viewed as successful as a head coach in the NFL ... not necessarily a Super Bowl, but just generally successful?

WE? know one don't we

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

Skip Bayless said Jimmy's first year at Dallas where he went 1-15 was every bit the shit show that Urban just had. Skip was Mr Cowboy back then