Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We just offered a TE who just decommitted from Cincinatti. He's visiting us, Kentucky, and Bama (not sure he has a commitable offer from them). Sheridan has earned an F in recruiting so far so we'll see if he can redeem his ass late

As an addendum, our top TE target for the 24 class from Bellevue fucking High School just committed to Michigan.

F becomes F-. Fire his ass
    Why is it so fucking hard to find a TE coach with a pulse in recruiting? Paopao, Cato, and now Sheridan have been the most limp dick recruiters I've ever seen.
    Grad assistant, analyst, coached with DeBoner at Indiana and got fired post DeBoner.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    For as bad as we’ve been at recruiting we do fall into some good ones. Otton should be good as an upper classmen. Who knows if redman will be good but he head nice snag at the time.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Will Dissly, Drew Sample, Darrell Daniels, Hunter Bryant, and Cade Otton our the most recent tight ends to move through the program.

I wouldn't say that's shitty.

Also the tight ends were Huge this year. Culp and Westover will be better next year and the little Otten is waiting. Quentin Moore also seems massive. Not worried about TE.

UW always has talent there, whether recruit services believe it or not.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Will Dissly, Drew Sample, Darrell Daniels, Hunter Bryant, and Cade Otton our the most recent tight ends to move through the program.

Also the tight ends were Huge this year. Culp and Westover will be better next year and the little Otten is waiting. Quentin Moore also seems massive. Not worried about TE.

All true. I’d love another capable body there all the same though. I’m pretty sure Jumper isn’t the answer for a future competitive TE rotation. It took Culp years to put it all together. More in the pipeline is better than less.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sheridan seems like a good guy fwiw, and cant fault his coaching on the field from what we’ve seen.

Hope he gets it together on the “trail”. ILTCIT
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

For as bad as we’ve been at recruiting we do fall into some good ones. Otton should be good as an upper classmen. Who knows if redman will be good but he head nice snag at the time.

Redman is gone
    But still.

I so rarely get to type that. It's usually someone else doing it in response to something I posted.
    Doogles said:

They could use a freshman though for depth chart maintenance, and they shouldn't be forced to settle. If I'm a TE with downfield speed I'd see this offense as one of the best chances out there to make highlight reel plays.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

I still think Devin Culp sucks.

His athletic ability hasn't really translated. He can run fast. He doesn't seem to have that one move that beats a guy and lets his speed take over. He can make some tough catches. He can drop plenty of would be catches too.

He's not great.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I thought he looked pretty good. I didnt recognize the number at first and thought "who was that?" Because he looked fast chasing a runner to the sideline. Faster that anyone playing this year. Or maybe not, i was faded and i missed the second half because i lost power so you might of seen him more.

Caused the Oregon running back to jump cut and slip on 4th and 2. Glad he was able to make an impact. He’s given a lot to the program.
    He was unsteady last year too and that's what I'd call him tonight. He's still a playmaker though. He does shit like knife through at the right time. This defense doesn't have anyone else who does that aside from the ends.

Redman is gone
    Was referring to whether he would be good at sdsu as I was speaking to recruiting and talent evaluation.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We're back to taking commits from unrated nobodies
    https://247sports.com/Player/Thaddeus-Dixon-46056334/
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam