Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Penix Rising

Comments

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    Does this mean DeBoer fucks?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baller move to get Penix
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

hope huskies can get more done in the transfer portal. recruiting class outlook not good (consistent with alot of new coach programs)

DeBoer has a press conference tomorrow at 3pm, so we may hear more about the strategy then

But it sounds like they are hitting the portal hard for 2022
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    Yikes, this guy makes Anthony Brown look like Cam Newton. The worst? thing Cristobal did was bringing Brown in instead of just letting it rip with the young guys.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,784
    dtd said:

Yikes, this guy makes Anthony Brown look like Cam Newton. The worst? thing Cristobal did was bringing Brown in instead of just letting it rip with the young guys.

Dooks used the portal before it was the portal. Dooks have long relied on the rent-a-QB concept. It wasn’t a Mario thing. HTH.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 632
    dtd said:

When healthy Penix is way better than Anthony brown. They’re also totally different quarterbacks.
    edited December 2021
    OreDawg said:

dtd said:

When healthy Penix is way better than Anthony brown. They’re also totally different quarterbacks.
    lulz. I was being hyperbolic. They're the same dude. Saying Penix is "way better" is idiotic. Look at the stats, the horrific throwing motion, etc. Comp %, TD %, INT%, YPA, QBR, TD/INT. They're the same dude throwing the ball, and one of them has knees.

But congrats on getting a guy who as a 4th year junior completed 53% of his passes for 5.8 ypa with 4 TDs and 7 INTs before blowing out his knee. Offseason champs!
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Dooks used the portal before it was the portal. Dooks have long relied on the rent-a-QB concept. It wasn’t a Mario thing. HTH.
    So that makes Mario's decision good? huh?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Curious to see how Penix would perform against USC. I imagine the Trojans could cover him pretty well.

I laffed.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    I know the 2020 season doesn’t count for anything except for division championships, but Penix was really good for that one year and I watched more Indiana football that year than anyone should in a lifetime. He is better than Morris, zero doubt - I know so is a dog turd and I’m really going out on a limb here, but at the moment that’s is the standard to compare.

Fun fact: Willie Taggart almost brought him to Oregon.

Also, imagine having your last name be Penix and deciding that Michael is a great name for your kid.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 632
    dtd said:

OreDawg said:

dtd said:

lulz. I was being hyperbolic. They're the same dude. Saying Penix is "way better" is idiotic. Look at the stats, the horrific throwing motion, etc. Comp %, TD %, INT%, YPA, QBR, TD/INT. They're the same dude throwing the ball, and one of them has knees.

But congrats on getting a guy who as a 4th year junior completed 53% of his passes for 5.8 ypa with 4 TDs and 7 INTs before blowing out his knee. Offseason champs!
    In DeBoers offense (which is what matters here) he had a 68.8 completion percentage and averaged 8.7 yards per attempt. I’m the big 10. Brown never got close to that efficiency. Weird Throwing motion or not he is much better than Brown at throwing the rock.

Duck fans just think all Black QBs lol.
    Arc said:

I already registered the handle but derek won't let me through! OPEN THE GATES!
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    penix is the only blackman on washington
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    Penix jokes > Haener hot mom jokes. Even if he sucks, this is a good turn of event.