Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm Hearing

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    Lanning has never had a head coaching role at any level. Inherited an elite defense from Mel tucker with elite talent. It’s a risky hire although his fast rise up the coaching ranks from complete obscurity to DC of the second best team in the sec is impressive. Boom or bust hire. UW fans will love it for the bust potential, Oregon fans will love it for the boom. Being an upset Oregon fan because uw fans hope he either implodes or doesn’t stick around for long is faggy. What do you want us to do… fellate the Oregon ad for hiring this dude? We hate everything about your faggy team and school and would make fun of you if you hired bill belichick as head coach with saban as dc.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lanning has never had a head coaching role at any level. Inherited an elite defense from Mel tucker with elite talent. It’s a risky hire although his fast rise up the coaching ranks from complete obscurity to DC of the second best team in the sec is impressive. Boom or bust hire. UW fans will love it for the bust potential, Oregon fans will love it for the boom. Being an upset Oregon fan because uw fans hope he either implodes or doesn’t stick around for long is faggy. What do you want us to do… fellate the Oregon ad for hiring this dude? We hate everything about your faggy team and school and would make fun of you if you hired bill belichick as head coach with saban as dc.

Mix in a paragraph.

Ok!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

HuskyJW said:

This is the staff

Urban Meyer HC
    Chip Kelly OC
    Dan Lanning DC

You guys are so stupid

It's funny watching people like you and sources make shit up to get angry about.
    This is literally what the Oregon spaces on twitter have been saying all day hth
    Imagine listening to “Oregon spaces on Twitter” as a Duck. Now imagine it while being a DAWG.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2021

dtd said:

HuskyJW said:

This is the staff

Urban Meyer HC
    Chip Kelly OC
    Dan Lanning DC

You guys are so stupid

It's funny watching people like you and sources make shit up to get angry about.
    This is literally what the Oregon spaces on twitter have been saying all day hth
    Imagine listening to “Oregon spaces on Twitter” as a Duck. Now imagine it while being a DAWG.

Imagine spending your college Friday nights listening to jared Sawyer and Corey dubrowa pontificate on things they know nothing about instead of getting random gash.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What do you want us to do… fellate the Oregon ad for hiring this dude?

To be fair, nobody asked you to do anything.

I don’t love this hire on the surface but here we are.

I was a Kiffen guy. I think if anyone on the board can come in and profit off the current roster it’s him. But if anyone is going to hate living in Eugene, it’s him.

Aranda would have been second. Doesn’t seem like he wants to leave Waco for Eugene. I doubt Oregon is the one who said no in that conversation.

Oregon has gone outside of their DNA by hiring a defense first, kind of guy. That’s somewhat intriguing.

I wouldn’t have wanted UW to hire Lanning but each program is in a different arc. Post Peterson, probably not a great hire. Post Lake, probably a good hire.

As of this morning, Cristobal leaving is good enough for me. Three of his four years were unwatchable and the only reason the fourth season wasn’t, was because of the last two games in 2019. He completely sucked the life out of Oregon football. Fucking horrendous stuff.
    I will never understand why he stuck with AB all season long.
  • Options

I was a Kiffen guy. I think if anyone on the board can come in and profit off the current roster it’s him. But if anyone is going to hate living in Eugene, it’s him.

Aranda would have been second. Doesn’t seem like he wants to leave Waco for Eugene. I doubt Oregon is the one who said no in that conversation.

Oregon has gone outside of their DNA by hiring a defense first, kind of guy. That’s somewhat intriguing.

I wouldn’t have wanted UW to hire Lanning but each program is in a different arc. Post Peterson, probably not a great hire. Post Lake, probably a good hire.

As of this morning, Cristobal leaving is good enough for me. Three of his four years were unwatchable and the only reason the fourth season wasn’t, was because of the last two games in 2019. He completely sucked the life out of Oregon football. Fucking horrendous stuff.
    Because he has no confidence or trust in anyone. For all the tough guy talk Oregon was timid in all aspects of the game. The safest way was always the way.
  • Options

Redbox Bowl. With JH. UnF’nwatchable football.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2021
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

HuskyJW said:

This is the staff

Urban Meyer HC
    Chip Kelly OC
    Dan Lanning DC

You guys are so stupid

Imagine spending your college Friday nights listening to jared Sawyer and Corey dubrowa pontificate on things they know nothing about instead of getting random gash.
    This is true Fudgie. At your age I would not have been anywhere near this forum, even if it had existed. You should be out sowing your oats young man. Come on now.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Nor will I. Having said that, Mike’s favorite comment is that MC made Oregon football unwatchable. The curious thing about that is that it implies it was watchable before Cristobal showed up. From my vague recollection of where the program was, this seems like an odd take.

When what Mario was trying to do was working, it was actually quite watchable. Or maybe Mike didn’t watch the Ohio State game. I think what Mike really misses is the football zipping around the field at 100 miles an hour and Oregon scoring 70 points on everybody. I am suspicious about whether that style of football will ever work again quite as well as it was working for the Ducks when Chip really had it going. I mean, the architect of that offense hasn’t been able to replicate that success at UCLA, So each is free to draw his own conclusions about that.

As to the hire, I had no idea who this guy is.
  • Options

Nor will I. Having said that, Mike’s favorite comment is that MC made Oregon football unwatchable. The curious thing about that is that it implies it was watchable before Cristobal showed up. From my vague recollection of where the program was, this seems like an odd take.

When what Mario was trying to do was working, it was actually quite watchable. Or maybe Mike didn’t watch the Ohio State game. I think what Mike really misses is the football zipping around the field at 100 miles an hour and Oregon scoring 70 points on everybody. I am suspicious about whether that style of football will ever work again quite as well as it was working for the Ducks when Chip really had it going. I mean, the architect of that offense hasn’t been able to replicate that success at UCLA, So each is free to draw his own conclusions about that.

I think most of us not sad that MC is gone are just excited about the prospect of watching the talented WR’s recruited, catching the football next year. Along with a solid running game.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

HuskyJW said:

This is the staff

Urban Meyer HC
    Chip Kelly OC
    Dan Lanning DC

You guys are so stupid

being an incel isn't easy
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

I think most of us not sad that MC is gone are just excited about the prospect of watching the talented WR’s recruited, catching the football next year. Along with a solid running game.
    I freely admit that sticking with AB was the one perplexing thing for me about MC. Then again, I don’t know what was on the bench. If there was really nobody on the bench, then the question turns to whether you sacrifice a season in which you have a win over Ohio State on the record to start getting the next guy some reps. As to the wide receivers, I’ll just say this. You can clearly see that there are talented kids on the roster at that position. And while I saw a lot of great catches, I also saw a lot of drops in key situations. Of course all that looks different if you have a guy who is only half as erratic as AB was. So there’s that.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

eh, I don't have any problem with your takes. If I was an Oregon fan I'd probably also hate Mario for the boring offense. I just think DTD is acting like a bitch
  • Options

After 4 years, if you’re any good, you should be able to count on one hand the times you didn’t play well. Not the other way around.
  • Options
  • Options

No, Oregon wasn’t watchable before MC. You’ll note we fired one of those guys and we were happy to see the next guy leave. Is that who you’re comparing MC too?

This is kind of your thing though. to apply words and thoughts to people, none of which they’ve said. As if it’s impossible to gauge this Oregon team’s performances because this one time we used to have Chip Kelly.

I’m not comparing MC’s shit on a stick football to peak CK. I’m comparing it to your run of the mill modern college football offense and maybe mixing in some special teams every once in a while.

Oregon got 6 points off of pick returns and kick returns this season. It happened ONE time between the two. Kick coverage was awful, kick returns were awful. Those are the areas where good and great teams ruin saturdays for other teams. This guy had no intention of canning one of his worst coaches on staff. He’s bringing him Miami.

Special teams were awful. QBs awful. Defense pretty much just above average in the pac 12 and it’s well documented and discussed and as seen on TV they couldn’t get off the field on third downs no matter the line to gain. Half of that defense is going to play in the NFL, if not more.

You think this team with 4/5 consecutive top 10ish classes in the nation, is good? You think this is what a team with that kind of talent is supposed to look like, vs. the Pac 12? Jesus wept. At least cover the spread at home every once in a while against the worst Pac 12 in nobody can even remember. This league was destroyed by the MWC this year.

Utah is supposed to be what Oregon looks like, according to MC, they have half the talent but a coach who can stand upright and blew MC off the field, twice.

For every Ohio State you have, I have two Utahs.

All of this has been written about for four years by me and others more well equipped.

When were those Ohio State performances going to show up week in and week out? Year 5? Year 6? Never? It never happened, in four years.

“OHIO STATE!” Yeah, if they Ohio Stated the likes of, Cal, UW, the other OSU, Stanford, Stoney Book and Fresno State I wouldn’t be here writing all this bullshit, would I?

You just keep showing up saying “Mike said” and “Ohio state.” Nothing else.

TL,DR: read DTD’s stuff.