Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I get letters, Sark starving college kids edition

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Hi kimszjzbtd,

You might be surprised to learn that food insecurity is a reality for many college students, even at The University of Texas at Austin.

In fact, in 2020 almost half of Longhorns faced food insecurity at some point.

The loss of a job opportunity, a change in family income or unexpected expenses could mean a UT student can’t afford to eat.

That’s why we created the UT Outpost, Food Pantry and Career Closet — to ensure that food insecurity does not derail our students' ability to maximize their potential and become future leaders and world-changers.

And it’s why I want to ask you to give a Gift to Change the World from this year’s catalog to help keep it going strong.
I want to provide meals to students in need
Your tax-deductible year-end gift today will help provide meals to students in need so they can stay focused on their studies, instead of where their next meal will come from.
Feeding a student
It’s pretty amazing how far your gift today can go!
A $27 gift provides nine nutritious meals for students experiencing hardship.
Your $51 gift provides 17 meals.
$300 provides 100 meals for students in need.
And a generous $1,500 gift means 500 meals will be provided.
During the 2020-21 school year, the UT Outpost, Food Pantry and Career Closet provided 19,500 meals to UT students. One grateful student shared,

"I truly could not thank UT Outpost enough for the services. Food insecurity is a bigger problem for me than ever before."

Food insecurity is a reality students across the Forty Acres can face — but you can help change that through your year-end, tax-deductible gift today.

Thank you for your world-changing support of UT students today!

Hook 'em,

Kelly Soucy
Director, Student Emergency Services
I'll provide meals to students in need

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,430
    dnc said:

Hi kimszjzbtd,

You might be surprised to learn that food insecurity is a reality for many college students, even at The University of Texas at Austin.

In fact, in 2020 almost half of Longhorns faced food insecurity at some point.

The loss of a job opportunity, a change in family income or unexpected expenses could mean a UT student can’t afford to eat.

That’s why we created the UT Outpost, Food Pantry and Career Closet — to ensure that food insecurity does not derail our students' ability to maximize their potential and become future leaders and world-changers.

And it’s why I want to ask you to give a Gift to Change the World from this year’s catalog to help keep it going strong.
    I want to provide meals to students in need
    Your tax-deductible year-end gift today will help provide meals to students in need so they can stay focused on their studies, instead of where their next meal will come from.
    Feeding a student
    It’s pretty amazing how far your gift today can go!
    A $27 gift provides nine nutritious meals for students experiencing hardship.
    Your $51 gift provides 17 meals.
    $300 provides 100 meals for students in need.
    And a generous $1,500 gift means 500 meals will be provided.
    During the 2020-21 school year, the UT Outpost, Food Pantry and Career Closet provided 19,500 meals to UT students. One grateful student shared,

"I truly could not thank UT Outpost enough for the services. Food insecurity is a bigger problem for me than ever before."

Food insecurity is a reality students across the Forty Acres can face — but you can help change that through your year-end, tax-deductible gift today.

Thank you for your world-changing support of UT students today!

Hook 'em,

Kelly Soucy
    Director, Student Emergency Services
    I'll provide meals to students in need

Why is she asking you for money when, at the end of her email, she clearly states "I'll provide meals to students in need" ?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,097
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas football couch change could feed those starving students

Or they could work for a moving company
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why doesn’t she just say for every $3 you can provide a meal?
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,824
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Christ, the throbber had 'food insecurity' every fucking day of his college life.

Spending all your money on beer and weed doesn't leave much for chow other than mac n cheese or ramen.

Fuck off, you snowflake Longhorns.

Army buddy of mine was so poor in college that he went barefoot for over a month.

Kids and their entitlement these days.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,570
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Christ, the throbber had 'food insecurity' every fucking day of his college life.

Spending all your money on beer and weed doesn't leave much for chow other than mac n cheese or ramen.

Fuck off, you snowflake Longhorns.

The original grilled stuffed burrito for like 250 kept me alive
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Why doesn’t she just say for every $3 you can provide a meal?

Because if you subscribe TODAY the first 6 months cost $1!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You could eat steak at Sizzler for a few bucks
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

You could eat steak at Sizzler for a few bucks

I’m older than you, Race.

I don’t remember a few bucks for steak. Pre-1970?
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Early 80’s ad . . . Sally Struther graduated from Grant High School, Portland, OR in mid-late 60’s and off to Hollywood she went.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,763
    trublue said:

Early 80’s ad . . . Sally Struther graduated from Grant High School, Portland, OR in mid-late 60’s and off to Hollywood she went.

https://img.discogs.com/JUZEPE622GJ9EUblrj-p9ASEMps=/600x819/smart/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/A-1460224-1566040488-9820.jpeg.jpg

Sally had a nice rack back before she got puffy and fat.