Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mario Meltdown

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

MC has now had 4 years to create WC ties for recruiting purposes. He can walk into a kids home in LA and say, I'm at Miami now. I hear Riley's dream job is in the NFL. Is Chip even recruiting you? Once he pulls out his Bible, Dabo is finished too.

He didn't go to Miami so he can spend a ton of time recruiting California. He'll probably have a staffer who is in charge of the WC but he's going to focus on South Florida.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2021
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

MC has now had 4 years to create WC ties for recruiting purposes. He can walk into a kids home in LA and say, I'm at Miami now. I hear Riley's dream job is in the NFL. Is Chip even recruiting you? Once he pulls out his Bible, Dabo is finished too.

He didn't go to Miami so he can spend a ton of time recruiting California. He'll probably have a staffer who is in charge of the WC but he's going to focus on South Florida.
    Yep. He'll go out and get a few targeted guys here and there from California. They've always done that and he'll be in a good position to do it now because of the last 4 years. They'll continue to recruit Bishop Gorman in LV as well. But the base will be the southeastern US, with south Florida the foundation.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Wish him the best, but he’s going to fail at Miami. Miami doesn’t have the talent and Cristobal is a shitty gameday coach. Recruiting will also be more difficult for him.

You're not a quook butt this quook party line is hilarious. He's not going to have to recruit kids 2500 miles from home to fill out a class anymore.

Not to mention he no longer has to deal with "you know he's leaving for the Miami job first chance he gets" whispers anymore.

Recruiting will not be more difficult for him in anyway shape or form.
    He's in the Bama belt now, and Bama gets who Bama wants. Settling for scraps at the U.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RTD said:

dnc said:

Wish him the best, but he’s going to fail at Miami. Miami doesn’t have the talent and Cristobal is a shitty gameday coach. Recruiting will also be more difficult for him.

You're not a quook butt this quook party line is hilarious. He's not going to have to recruit kids 2500 miles from home to fill out a class anymore.

Not to mention he no longer has to deal with "you know he's leaving for the Miami job first chance he gets" whispers anymore.

He's in the Bama belt now, and Bama gets who Bama wants. Settling for scraps at the U.
    BidenComeOnMan.gif

Bama isn't even the biggest recruiting power in the SEC anymore.

The recruiting past is for doogs!
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

RTD said:

dnc said:

BidenComeOnMan.gif

Bama isn't even the biggest recruiting power in the SEC anymore.

The recruiting past is for doogs!
    C'MON MAN...don't fall for the shallow trap...I'm just talking shit. Miami recruits itself, he doesn't have to go past Coral Gables to fill out the roster.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Saban went into So. Cal for Young but Mario won’t do the same. Okay
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

Yeah, he will. It just won't be his base anymore. Or anything close to it.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

Yeah, he will. It just won't be his base anymore. Or anything close to it.
    If only I’d said that it would be.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

I agree that it starts with the lines. Mario will talk “SEC” OL so he can show how tuff the U is by running into the teeth of the D on 3rd and 3.

You’re gonna love it when you can call the play from the comfort of your couch or seat at the game.

MC can change if he wants to. Saban did. But he won’t because he’s too stubborn. We warned FSU fans about Slick Willie and his undisciplined teams. Sour grapes.

MC recruited at a high level and I was thankful that he didn’t make excuses like Frost on how hard it was. He did some nice things at Oregon.

But coaching matters and he got beat up by a bunch of 3 stars at U’tah and Iowa St. in big games the last two years. Maybe it will be different at the U. Time will tell.

This