Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon is a stepping stone job

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Man for guys who claim they're elated that Meat is leaving (and consequently making a mockery of their truckstop school on social media), ya'll sure are squirting a lot of eggs all over the bored.

It might just be me, but you might want to focus more on the shit show that is the Washington program.

Let’s see who Oregon hires. Hopefully, Oregon doesn’t make the cheap hire like UW made. Go big or go home,
    Yeah, we'll see all those cheap hires UW made tomorrow.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Man for guys who claim they're elated that Meat is leaving (and consequently making a mockery of their truckstop school on social media), ya'll sure are squirting a lot of eggs all over the bored.

DJ and his 2 alts = “you guys”. I don’t think anyone who enjoys watching good football/understands the game gives a shit if Mario leaves. We would prefer it, actually.

The worry is mullens botching the hire because he’s a cheapskate when it comes to coaches. Mullens would consider getting big joe for 1.2m/year a success.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Especially when it's shitty has-been Florida programs that want to steal their coach.

In case you haven’t noticed, Washington is a shitty has-been program akin to the Florida programs in this century.

Washington, 4-16 against Oregon in this century.

The one decent coach you’ve had, Peterman, wasn’t good enough for the Doogs.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    trublue said:

Especially when it's shitty has-been Florida programs that want to steal their coach.

In case you haven’t noticed, Washington is a shitty has-been program akin to the Florida programs in this century.

Washington, 4-16 against Oregon in this century.

The one decent coach you’ve had, Peterman, wasn’t good enough for the Doogs.
    The 3 Florida programs have all won or been in multiple title games the last 20 years. Washington hasn’t come close
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Aspy has quite the imagination. Mockery really doesn’t register.

You’re killing it Haie!
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon gets coaches hired away. UW has coaches quit or get fired. What kind of doog moron starts a thread like this?
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

haie said:

It might just be me, but you might want to focus more on the shit show that is the Washington program.

Let’s see who Oregon hires. Hopefully, Oregon doesn’t make the cheap hire like UW made. Go big or go home,
    Hearing its Moorehead, going to be promoted

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,339
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021
    Phil offered 8 million to MC... he wants a ship... we will get someone good, preferably someone who knows what the forward pass is
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Goduckies said:

Phil offered 8 million to MC... he wants a ship... we will get someone good, preferably someone who knows what the forward pass is

That's my thinking. If Phil is willing to offer Cristobal 10 years and $85m, how much will he throw at a splash name? That should probably have you all worried.
  • Options
    dtd said:

Oregon gets coaches hired away. UW has coaches quit or get fired. What kind of doog moron starts a thread like this?

The GRG kind. Legend.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

The GRG kind. Legend.
    Next time please tag me and SAY IT TO MY FACE

@46XiJCAB
    @trublue
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2021

I honestly think it is a case of 2 unfortunate (or fortunate depending on how you look at it) cases where a dream job opened up where their homes were located at. FSU was arguably the biggest/best Florida job when Willie got hired and Miami is of course Mario's alma mater. Cristobal's hire makes sense, still blundered why FSU hired a 7-5 Taggart simply for recruiting. It isn't like you forecast these jobs opening up.

Benefit to you guys though if you can nail this next hire. Maybe Oregon takes a dip in recruiting but it won't be much, the next coach should be able to sell Oregon no matter who it is. Now can they bring in someone who might be able to actually be a decent gameday coach which they haven't had since Chip.

This

Oregon needs to hire a recruiter, but if he's at least competent in game, it will be huge. I know we make fun of cupboards, but there's no denying that Cristobal left this cupboard full as fuck. This is a great job, because a good coach can come and win big immediately. That doesn't even factor the marketing machine, the brand, the facilities, the fan support, and the boosters (booster)
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

The GRG kind. Legend.

@46XiJCAB
    @trublue
    FO
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

The GRG kind. Legend.

@46XiJCAB
    @trublue
    FO
    I'll stop bullying you when you

a) become a better poster, or
    b) pay Derek and stop being a worthless freeloader

I think you're about 65+ years of age, and have shown a penchant for being both unfunny and short tempered, so I'm not confident in option a. But option b should be doable for you. Unless you're poor.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

The GRG kind. Legend.

@46XiJCAB
    @trublue
    FO

I think you're about 65+ years of age, and have shown a penchant for being both unfunny and short tempered, so I'm not confident in option a. But option b should be doable for you. Unless you're poor.
    Bullying me, okay?

I'm sorry I offended your sensibilities on the Tug. Hug.

I get it now, you're making me a better poaster by racking up 50% of my FO's.

Thanks, I appreciate you for that.

Everyone needs a coach to help make them better.

Keep reading my shit poasts. Any feedback will be taken to heart.

• Options
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

The GRG kind. Legend.

@46XiJCAB
    @trublue
    FO

Bullying me, okay?

I'm sorry I offended your sensibilities on the Tug. Hug.

I get it now, you're making me a better poaster by racking up 50% of my FO's.

Thanks, I appreciate you for that.

Everyone needs a coach to help make them better.

Keep reading my shit poasts. Any feedback will be taken to heart.

Exactly. My bullying is always constructive.