Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Before Boring Brad McDavid, the Husky Marching Band used to be creative like this

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Opened thread expecting @MelloDawg
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 818
    I always boo the kids…and the band.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,800
    This looks like a woke effort to encourage recycling.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

You don’t want to compare anyone to Ohio St, you just don’t.

But in all seriousness, since we have some passionate bandos around here, tOSU is simply much bigger and better. Then again it’s just a different culture out there. Comparing the level of musician / marcher you’d get wanting to go there is like comparing Alabama’s recruiting class to ours. UW is no slouch, however, for a west coast band.

I do like Brad, he was always good to me when I was there and he’s one of the more well-known names nationally. Also, the band has pivoted philosophically with their charts (musical, not so much marching) and they are more relevant than when I was there.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club
    Brad McDavid is currently Director of Athletic Bands at the University of Washington. His primary duties as director of the renowned 240-member Husky Marching Band include principal field conductor, show coordinator, and program administrator. A native of Centerburg, Ohio, he previously taught at the elementary, middle school and high school levels while teaching in the public schools of Central Ohio and Tempe, Arizona. McDavid received his bachelor's degree in Music Education from The Ohio State University and a master's of Music degree from Arizona State University. In 1999 he received his PhD in Music Education from Ohio State. He has also held the position of graduate assistant director for the Purdue University band program. McDavid has served as clinician, adjudicator, and guest...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Brad McDavid is currently Director of Athletic Bands at the University of Washington. His primary duties as director of the renowned 240-member Husky Marching Band include principal field conductor, show coordinator, and program administrator. A native of Centerburg, Ohio, he previously taught at the elementary, middle school and high school levels while teaching in the public schools of Central Ohio and Tempe, Arizona. McDavid received his bachelor's degree in Music Education from The Ohio State University and a master's of Music degree from Arizona State University. In 1999 he received his PhD in Music Education from Ohio State. He has also held the position of graduate assistant director for the Purdue University band program. McDavid has served as clinician, adjudicator, and guest...

Remember when UW went to tOSU and that fucktard dotted the I?

@MelloDawg was there!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    MelloDawg said:

@MelloDawg was there!
    I would have been embarrassed at that level of faggotry.

MelloDawg said:

@MelloDawg was there!
    It was my first away game as an alum. I was fine with it then. I am less fine with it now.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,040

It was my first away game as an alum. I was fine with it then. I am less fine with it now.

What happened, exactly?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    edited December 2021

What happened, exactly?

------
    McDavid is from Ohio State. When the Huskies played a game there they honored him by letting him dot the "i" in Ohio State.