Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle Times article on John Ross/Darrell Daniels

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2014/04/06/uws-john-ross-darrell-daniels-adjusting-to-new-roles/

“We feel like we trust the coaches now. Not that we didn’t before, but, you know, it’s just that change,” Ross said. “Now we’re giving in to everything they’re saying, and everything’s moving faster because we’re understanding more things and we just want to learn and get better each and every day.”

Glad we burned Daniels redshirt last year. Don't know if we could have won a special 9 games without his 3 tackles on special teams last season.......

Ross had only played WR on the outside in high school so naturally Sark had him play inside all last year. So Petersen due to not being a total dumb fuck has him playing outside again. Petersen unlike Dude Brah personally coaches Ross one on one for kickoff return. What a novel concept? A head coach giving a flying fuck about special teams instead of dance practices.

Daniels I think could be a big X factor as well. Right now the TE position is up for grabs and he's up to 241 so if he can emerge as our starting TE this offense can be very dangerous.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like the idea of Daniels and I know the hands issue has been beaten to death, but there's too much smoke for me not to buy into it. I even read a quote about him working with Troy to become a natural pass catcher and not as stiff. I can't find it, but I swear I read it a few weeks ago. I want him to be the TE though because size/speed wise, he would be a freak and a match up nightmare.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I like the idea of Daniels and I know the hands issue has been beaten to death, but there's too much smoke for me not to buy into it. I even read a quote about him working with Troy to become a natural pass catcher and not as stiff. I can't find it, but I swear I read it a few weeks ago. I want him to be the TE though because size/speed wise, he would be a freak and a match up nightmare.

ASJ didn't exactly have good hands either and we bag on him for being a pussy but I'd love to have him back as a TE.

With Daniels size/speed plus getting coached up he can be a very productive TE. I'll also laugh if Hartvigson(Doog all-american) doesn't see the field once again.

I remember in 2011/2012 Doogs saying he'd start on half the teams in the conference.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    ASJ being a fat fuck helped the OL a bit...do you guys think his loss hurts blocking at all or is it negligible?

Exactly right on Hartivgson....the guy is a fucking Doog legend who just doesn't have the talent to make an impact.

Hopefully Daniels can be a Fred Davis type TE. If he emerges as a threat then combined with Kasen, String and Ross...that is fucking deadly. Petersen has to be thinking he has the most skill position talent he's ever had.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014
    Didn't String just tweet/Instagram "bye bye Seattle"
    Hopefully, DD remains agile enough to be a possession receiver after Kasen graduates.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    We know Sark sucked but its getting old hearing his players throw him under the bus, its one thing coming from all the coaching wannabe's but not from his own crew, move on boys!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited April 2014
    beelzebub said:

We know Sark sucked but its getting old hearing his players throw him under the bus, its one thing coming from all the coaching wannabe's but not from his own crew, move on boys!

The truth never gets old.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I thought Kim said there are players who are not buying what Petersen is selling? I'd like to here more from these guys. All I hear is about how much more the players ARE buying in. I demand equal representation.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

ASJ being a fat fuck helped the OL a bit...do you guys think his loss hurts blocking at all or is it negligible?

Exactly right on Hartivgson....the guy is a fucking Doog legend who just doesn't have the talent to make an impact.

Hopefully Daniels can be a Fred Davis type TE. If he emerges as a threat then combined with Kasen, String and Ross...that is fucking deadly. Petersen has to be thinking he has the most skill position talent he's ever had.

ASJ was actually a decent run blocker last year. Given that he was about the size of an offensive tackle, this shouldn't be a surprise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

ASJ didn't exactly have good hands either and we bag on him for being a pussy but I'd love to have him back as a TE.

With Daniels size/speed plus getting coached up he can be a very productive TE. I'll also laugh if Hartvigson(Doog all-american) doesn't see the field once again.

I remember in 2011/2012 Doogs saying he'd start on half the teams in the conference.

ASJ had the softest and most reliable hands on the offense . Where do you come up with this shit?
    Do you even watch the games? He had average hands. Dropped plenty of passes including a huge one against Stanford.

Agree with Boobs can we ban PLSS from making serious football posts?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ASJ had the softest and most reliable hands on the offense . Where do you come up with this shit?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Texas recruited ASJ to play tackle for them

ASJ was a naturally strong blocker because of size, i do remember way too many holding penalties.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Daniels fucking up that guy on the kick return coverage last year was one of my favorite plays of the season.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dardanus said:

Daniels fucking up that guy on the kick return coverage last year was one of my favorite plays of the season.

Right behind Marcus Peters dragging down Kevin Hogan on 3rd and 1 for favorite plays of the season. Lawnmower-worthy.
    Good call. I was beering and woofing after that one.

• Options

ASJ had the softest and most reliable abs on the offense . Where do you come up with this shit?
    ftfy
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Hahahaha. Stfu.

in 2011 ASJ had the worst drop id ever seen at Oregon state.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) As Damone said, everybody is talking about the difference between Petersen and Sark. I do find it amusing that so many of the players are calling out Sark's lack of attention to detail both directly and indirectly. Players know when they are getting fucked around, subjected to double standards, etc. They knew they had more talent than what they ended up with. They knew that the difference in some of those big games was Sark being too busy dude brah'ing it on the sideline thinking about the cocktail whore he banged the night before the game in his hotel room (and BTW, that attitude being reflected across a large number of the coaching staff) than him putting the work in to make sure that his team/players weren't surprised by anything. Do you think it was ever a surprise that the two best games we played last year was at Oregon St (Cyler starting, guys not wanting to make him look bad, and knowing that they had to win to get Sark out) and BYU (after Sark left). It makes the "We All We Got We All We Need" mantra even more comical.

2) Would love to see Daniels win the starting TE job and creating matchup nightmares in the slot ... he could very easily be a Jace Amaro kind of weapon in the offense by being too fast/talented for LBs and too big/strong for DBs. I do worry about his ability to block at the edge of a line and that is where ASJ will definitely be missed.
  • Options

Sean Parker's silence in this thread speaks volumes.

A terrorist told me Justin Glenn's silence >>>>>>> Sean Parker's silence.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Were the players pissed when he left or pissed because of the way that he left was more of a pussy-footed chicken shit way of "breaking up" that is straight out of the playbook of 18 year old kids and not football coaches making the money that Sark makes?

I still am not convinced that Sark was coming back in 2014 if SC didn't happen.