Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Neuheisel on CBS

I don’t care what anyone says. Every time I see him or listen to him, it brings back good memories of Husky football. Fucking love the guy for the Rose Bowl win.

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know I have dementia, but I do recall the Huskies seem to have peaked and were on the downhill slide when he decided to get caught gamboling.

And there was the lie about interviewing for the Niners job.

I always liked him though. Fuck you, Huge Mellon.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I never hated him. Our fanbase likes to take on the victim of the jilted lover persona though.

I opted for DJ’s (ILTCHDJ) Dawgs of War over Husky Hitman because of my penchant for Slick Rick. Granted, it was a free copy.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

I know I have dementia, but I do recall the Huskies seem to have peaked and were on the downhill slide when he decided to get caught gamboling.

And there was the lie about interviewing for the Niners job.

I always liked him though. Fuck you, Huge Mellon.

He needed to have an encouraging year. But they were still thought to be one of the favorites in the conference that year in the pre season. Usc was who most picked and rightfully so.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hugh was co hosting Softy’s show with Dork Fain I think about a month ago and was on the interview when Neuheisel was on. Fun and uncomfortable
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

Hugh was co hosting Softy’s show with Dork Fain I think about a month ago and was on the interview when Neuheisel was on. Fun and uncomfortable

Anyone care to give a quick recap on Slick & Hugh? I was just a young Doog at the time and didn’t know about the Bloviator yet
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Anyone care to give a quick recap on Slick & Hugh? I was just a young Doog at the time and didn’t know about the Bloviator yet
    Rick was asked if he was in talks with the Niners about their open job. He kept denying it. Hugh said on the air he was lying because a mutual friend saw him in the SF airport. Couple months later the gambling thing happened. Fast forward a little longer and the wrongful firing lawsuit was happening and Hugh went to every hearing. Mitch Levy would always joke to him about Ricks wife or sister flipping off Hugh every day by rubbing her middle finger down the back of her hair while Hugh sat behind. Going off of memory, so maybe 90% accurate hopefully. Hugh always used to step out whenever he was there and a host was on with Rick, until a month ago. It was like i said, fun and uncomfortable
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Rick was great. Doogs gonna doog.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,246

MelloDawg said:

I don’t care what anyone says. Every time I see him or listen to him, it brings back good memories of Husky football. Fucking love the guy for the Rose Bowl win.

Agree. Best time I've ever had as a fan was 2000. What a trip. Never forget hi on the ladder leading the band at the Apple cup and then the Rose Bowl. Scoreboard baby!
    @MelloDawg was there!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    My dad and I talked to Hugh for maybe five minutes outside of Rick's courtroom in 2005 or whenever it was. He was a nice guy and he went off about Rick lol

In hindsight, maybe UW overreacted too much, but the 2002 season was bullshit. We were 4-5 at one point and the team was inconsistent and the running game sucked. I don't think anyone on here, if they're being honest, saw that team going back to the Rose Bowl or a 10 win seasons with him in 2003 and 2004.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

My dad and I talked to Hugh for maybe five minutes outside of Rick's courtroom in 2005 or whenever it was. He was a nice guy and he went off about Rick lol

In hindsight, maybe UW overreacted too much, but the 2002 season was bullshit. We were 4-5 at one point and the team was inconsistent and the running game sucked. I don't think anyone on here, if they're being honest, saw that team going back to the Rose Bowl or a 10 win seasons with him in 2003 and 2004.

But we? won the Northwest Championship!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck Rick you dumb tards. He was trending down at CO. Same at UW.

The ultimate sizzletard hire.

My stance on RN isn't as stern as yours. Chinned for sizzletard though.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    iDawg said:

Of course this wasn’t the argument back then. We were just proto-half brains then. Most thought Rick was a bad coach, but UW didn’t man-up and fire him after the season, so he earned one more.

Then the bullshit trumped-up gambling thing happened and UW used it as an excuse. The resultant Gilby/Willingham years were a direct consequence of this.

Millen gave cover the whole time for the AD. He didn’t cause 0-12, but was part of it. Thus he is a tool and always will be. Fucker.
    Rick deserved to be fired for being a shitty coach after going 7-5 again 2003. Plain and simple.

At least getting a sizzletard hire was cheap back in 1998.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Agree. Best time I've ever had as a fan was 2000. What a trip. Never forget hi on the ladder leading the band at the Apple cup and then the Rose Bowl. Scoreboard baby!
    @MelloDawg was there!
    #metoo. I went to all 13 games. Best year as a fan ever. But he was trending down!!!! Go fuck yourselves. 15 years later UW finally became better than average.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

iDawg said:

Of course this wasn’t the argument back then. We were just proto-half brains then. Most thought Rick was a bad coach, but UW didn’t man-up and fire him after the season, so he earned one more.

Then the bullshit trumped-up gambling thing happened and UW used it as an excuse. The resultant Gilby/Willingham years were a direct consequence of this.

Millen gave cover the whole time for the AD. He didn’t cause 0-12, but was part of it. Thus he is a tool and always will be. Fucker.
    Rick deserved to be fired for being a shitty coach after going 7-5 again 2003. Plain and simple.

At least getting a sizzletard hire was cheap back in 1998.
    Yet Sark was a perennial 7-5 coach and parleyed that into a USC job and was credited for UW being “back”. Christ