Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Would be Nice

1) to here of a coordinator hire by now.

2) to see Deboner in a high level recruit’s living room with said recroot excited that he’s there.

Instead, we are treated to Jon Donovan level silence. Where’s the sizzle?

Comments

• bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Maybe on Sunday or next week we will know the staff.
  • SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 148
    WellWe’reWaiting.gif
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    it takes a minute
  • AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98

it takes a minute

This thing is hard.
  • honeybadger40honeybadger40 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2021
    Is Deboner on a golf course in Fresno? Looking for multiple home run assistant hires to be announced by Sunday/Monday or burn it all down.
    So a bunch of people ex Fresno guys + Junior Adams (good recruiter, suspect coach) and Donte Williams (great recruiter, suspect coach). Hopefully he brings in some outsider names at dline, running back, and QB.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Is Deboner on a golf course in Fresno? Looking for multiple home run assistant hires to be announced by Sunday/Monday or burn it all down.

If current for holds there will be three home runs IMO, possibly four, with five an outside shot if Tedford comes.

Courtney Morgan (not an assistant coach but big addition as director of recruiting)
    Donte Williams CoDC/DBs (won't like it if he's calling plays)
    Kirby Moore - TEs
    Maaaaaybe Orlondo Steinauer DC (please God)

Others I like
    Ryan Grubb OL, probably OC unless Tedford ends up here
    Junior Adams WRs (only current UW coach being retained)
    William Inge LBs (won't like him if he's DC)
    Ron McKeefery S & C
    JD Williams Other DB coach

Not sure yet
    RB coach (hearing we're after some big names)
    QB coach (no clue other than Tedford if he's here)
    DL coach (no idea but apparently Malloe is dropping down to DC at a lower level)
    Why would you like JD Williams?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 792
    dnc said:

If current for holds there will be three home runs IMO, possibly four, with five an outside shot if Tedford comes.

Courtney Morgan (not an assistant coach but big addition as director of recruiting)
    Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    DL coach (no idea but apparently Malloe is dropping down to DC at a lower level)
    with DNC on a lot of this except: I heard JD Williams isn't leaving Fresno. I can't see Inge giving up his DC title. curious your source about Malloe. I thought that FSU RB coach was considered a good recruiter and probably coming on board. I don't see how Adams would survive but not Malloe unless we just have significantly better outside options at DL.

it'll be very interesting to see who they get as quarterbacks coach. a lot of sources saying grub is weak at that role.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    My impression is he's a solid coach but not much of a recruiter. He's coached on some good teams and obviously some really awful ones here. I don't hold the Ty era against him though. Lake coached here during the Gilby era and he was obviously a great DB coach.

I wouldn't want Williams without Donte. With Donte I'm fine with it.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    My impression is he's a solid coach but not much of a recruiter. He's coached on some good teams and obviously some really awful ones here. I don't hold the Ty era against him though. Lake coached here during the Gilby era and he was obviously a great DB coach.

I thought he was let go by Utah before Fresno but maybe I am wrong. Never really been impressed with him but he is experienced.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet

I thought he was let go by Utah before Fresno but maybe I am wrong. Never really been impressed with him but he is experienced.
    I have no idea what happened at Utah, seems likely he was let go.

dnc said:

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    He had success at Fresno

Williams’ secondary ranked as one the best in the nation in 2018. His group totaled 13 of the Bulldogs’ 19 interceptions, which was fifth best for a FBS team, and as a defensive unit Fresno State was tied for the third-most passes defended in the nation with 79, the most by a Bulldog defense since 1999. The team also held opposing quarterbacks to the fifth-lowest pass efficiency in the FBS at 104.09.

Under his guidance, Tank Kelly was named to the All-Mountain West first team. The senior finished third in the nation with 22 passes defended and was tied for a MW-best four interceptions. He was tied with teammate Juju Hughes who, along with fellow Bulldog safety Mike Bell, was selected to the All-MW second team.

During his first year back in Fresno, the Bulldogs ranked as one of the top defensive units in 2017, finishing 10th in the FBS in scoring defense at 17.9 points per game and 15th in total defense with 320.6 yards allowed per game. Williams guided one of the Bulldogs’ youngest groups on the field with his secondary accounting for 11 of the team’s 19 forced turnovers.”
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    with DNC on a lot of this except: I heard JD Williams isn't leaving Fresno. I can't see Inge giving up his DC title. curious your source about Malloe. I thought that FSU RB coach was considered a good recruiter and probably coming on board. I don't see how Adams would survive but not Malloe unless we just have significantly better outside options at DL.

it'll be very interesting to see who they get as quarterbacks coach. a lot of sources saying grub is weak at that role.
    What I've heard is DeBoer offered Malloe but Malloe said no because he wants to be a DC and is willing to go the small college route to do it. I hope that's wrong, I agree Malloe is the most important coach to keep (at DL).

Biggest issue with this staff above is there are no Polys on it. Have to find one who is respected if Malloe leaves.

My guess is Adams is surviving because he can recruit. I imagine his receivers will look 300x better in this new offense.
    Malloe had so many years of striking out in recruiting that I don’t mind moving on from him, he’s a good guy though but he struggled to recruit non-poly dline guys
  • FSDogs1FSDogs1 Member Posts: 33
    dnc said:

If current form holds there will be three home runs IMO, possibly four, with five an outside shot if Tedford comes.

Kirby Moore - TEs

Others I like
    Ron McKeefery S & C

Not sure yet
    Tedford is more likely to be the next FS HC. Steinauer is a dynamite coach, but reportedly hates recruiting. He's worth the liability...best DC FS has had in the modern era.

JD Williams has been in Fresno for a long time. If he left it would surprise, but not shock me.

Moore, Grubb, Inge, and all other DeBoer assistants are coming to Seattle if you want them.