Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What a cool night for the Trojans

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

I dont think inner city recruits like drake, either. Well i actually have no idea all i know is that guy is a homo.

I overheard someone say he's Canadian (strike one) and that he grew up comfortably (strike two).

I don't really give a fuck either way as I never listened to any of that shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Different subject, but should Drake rap about selling drugs and shooting people when he admittedly never did those things? He raps about his life and isn't one of the wannabe gangsters pretending to be something he's not.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Im all for that if thats true, roaddog. I have no idea what he raps about. I simply think he looks weird and downsy and has a gay lisp that i dont wanna hear
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Macklemore isn't cool lmfao.

Macklemore's fan base is 95% white. He's not Drake or Kendrick Lamar to these high school kids.
    Drake is also 95% white.
    Drake is for the guys who try to act "hard" so they pick a black rapper but as such pussies themselves they choose Drake. CollegeDoog comes to mind here.

Inner city kids would laugh at you if you thought listening to Drake/Macklemore was cool.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Have Bezos speak during a team function. Come to Washington and make billions or go to USC and watch an ole' dried up SNL actor. This program needs to capitalize on all the local success stories , the job op's after graduation etc...not practices featuring snoop doog and Will Ferry.

Go to Oregon and get your Nike job promised to you when you signed your letter of intent (which is $12.50/hr) upon graduation.. Or go to USC and get shot upon graduation... Or go to Washington and make $80k to start upon graduation with that Washington degree and football bullet on thy resume

We don't sell Washington enough. We need head hunters in the athletic dept to go out and procure alums for football support. Doesn't even have to involve money, just name recognition . Don't donate right now, just come talk to the players and recruits about the advantages of going to UW and living in Seattle. Will be good for both parties.

Everyone involved In Marketing UW football should have been fired years ago. UO has a 24/7 crew in charge of UO's smoke-and - mirrors program. Not smoke - and mirrors anymore huh? UW just sits on it's fucking fat ass while other schools pass us by. This is fact! Where's your influence and money Fleens? You fucking Tightwad forum monger.

Where's the Seattle influence? Someone joked about Macklemore earlier. Well get him here on Jr Day, or for spring game. It's that forward thinking that can help make UW 'cool' with the recruits and players. Instead our brand as in the athletic department would rather invite jean Enerson on over for lessons in good health and exercise.

Sell this program for fuck sakes. We have more to offer, in EVERY way, than any school in the country. Imagine if Phil knight got his greazy, bloody mitts on this program. We'd never lose a game (But Knight would have to have control of scheduling, which he writes at UO. )

Doog
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    AZDuck said:

Have Bezos speak during a team function. Come to Washington and make billions or go to USC and watch an ole' dried up SNL actor. This program needs to capitalize on all the local success stories , the job op's after graduation etc...not practices featuring snoop doog and Will Ferry.

Go to Oregon and get your Nike job promised to you when you signed your letter of intent (which is $12.50/hr) upon graduation.. Or go to USC and get shot upon graduation... Or go to Washington and make $80k to start upon graduation with that Washington degree and football bullet on thy resume

We don't sell Washington enough. We need head hunters in the athletic dept to go out and procure alums for football support. Doesn't even have to involve money, just name recognition . Don't donate right now, just come talk to the players and recruits about the advantages of going to UW and living in Seattle. Will be good for both parties.

Everyone involved In Marketing UW football should have been fired years ago. UO has a 24/7 crew in charge of UO's smoke-and - mirrors program. Not smoke - and mirrors anymore huh? UW just sits on it's fucking fat ass while other schools pass us by. This is fact! Where's your influence and money Fleens? You fucking Tightwad forum monger.

Where's the Seattle influence? Someone joked about Macklemore earlier. Well get him here on Jr Day, or for spring game. It's that forward thinking that can help make UW 'cool' with the recruits and players. Instead our brand as in the athletic department would rather invite jean Enerson on over for lessons in good health and exercise.

Sell this program for fuck sakes. We have more to offer, in EVERY way, than any school in the country. Imagine if Phil knight got his greazy, bloody mitts on this program. We'd never lose a game (But Knight would have to have control of scheduling, which he writes at UO. )

Doog
    I'll give him credit he's the only Doog who has stuck around while the others have left back to Doogman. PLSS is still here fighting the good Doog fight.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Macklemore's fan base is 95% white. He's not Drake or Kendrick Lamar to these high school kids.
    Drake is also 95% white.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Drake is also 95% white.
    and that other 5% lacks comportment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Drake has the Lil Wayne co sign and has songs with Jay Z and Rick Ross. He does get made fun of for being emotional, but kids like him. Drake and Macklemore aren't really comparable.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Drake is the Will Smith of his generation.

Jiggy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

Jiggy.

Whoosh? Will Smith was a bubblegum rapper for little kids. If you listened to a couple Drake songs, you would know that isn't true.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Drake is the Barry Manilow of his generation.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Drake is the Puffy of his era.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Jiggy.

Whoosh? Will Smith was a bubblegum rapper for little kids. If you listened to a couple Drake songs, you would know that isn't true.

Gay rapper superiority guy. $150k
  • Options

dnc said:

Jiggy.

Yes, Drake's subject matter is more mature than Smith's was, but the game has evolved a ton in the 25+ years since Parents Just Don't Understand came out. Like Fresh Prince, Drake is the safe option of his era for suburban white kids who know they don't want to be into a white rapper (Vanilla Ice/Macklemore).

But they're the same dude - undeserved Grammy awards (again, because they're "safe"), acting careers, big smiles and light skin, all adding up to mainstream acceptance that goes way beyond their talents.

Drake is Will Smith 2.0.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Based on the downvote, looks like I got Damone on the biracial whoosh. I thought he was better than that.

Disagree. Being 50% Canadian Jew makes him 105% white. The down vote was for not making that observation.
  • Options

Drake is also 95% white.
    Disagree.

It's 50% Jewish.

• Options
    Based on the downvote, looks like I got Damone on the biracial whoosh. I thought he was better than that.