Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brown: Is AD Jen Cohen in Over Her Head at UW?

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,975 Founders Club
    There’s nothing redeeming about her. She’s awful
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,800
    No one is harder on women than other women. No one. People forget that.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,800
    Sources said:

There’s nothing redeeming about her. She’s awful

What if you need a hug? Not a creepy, I’m your new boss and you must hug me now type hug, but a real hug?
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    I know everyone hates Jen here but in my opinion she made the best possible hire (even though he wasn’t her first choice) and she cut bait on Lake sooner than I expected (partly thanks to that walk in linebacker).

I love how DeBoer instantly started talking about winning the pac 12 conference as an expectation and bringing up national titles… meanwhile Campbell condescendingly tells the Iowa State media his goal was never to win the big 12 but for the team to be the “best version of themselves”. Campbell has zero west coast connections for recruiting… no high school football kids in Southern California know who the fuck he is. DeBoer has some clout in California. Coaches like Aranda, Riley, Brian Kelly, they’re never going to come here. Jen may have failed to convince Campbell to come here but in the end that’s for the best.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    She ended up with the guy I wanted all along. I think Cohen really sucks and only gets credit for allowing smarter people to lead her by the hand though. She needs to be let go before next season though or it won't happen.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,496 Swaye's Wigwam

I know everyone hates Jen here but in my opinion she made the best possible hire (even though he wasn’t her first choice) and she cut bait on Lake sooner than I expected (partly thanks to that walk in linebacker).

I love how DeBoer instantly started talking about winning the pac 12 conference as an expectation and bringing up national titles… meanwhile Campbell condescendingly tells the Iowa State media his goal was never to win the big 12 but for the team to be the “best version of themselves”. Campbell has zero west coast connections for recruiting… no high school football kids in Southern California know who the fuck he is. DeBoer has some clout in California. Coaches like Aranda, Riley, Brian Kelly, they’re never going to come here. Jen may have failed to convince Campbell to come here but in the end that’s for the best.

How fucking hard is it to hire a guy from fucking Fresno when you’ve got Tedford and Peterson in his ear telling the Dutchman that Montlake is the right spot?

Jen was the courier who delivered the contract and an awkward hug.

Quit acting like she convinced Bear Bryant to leave Bama. She didn’t. It’s fucking Fresno, the Pullman of California.

It's not even Pullman. It wishes it was Pullman.

More like Airway Heights.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club

How fucking hard is it to hire a guy from fucking Fresno when you’ve got Tedford and Peterson in his ear telling the Dutchman that Montlake is the right spot?

Jen was the courier who delivered the contract and an awkward hug.

Quit acting like she convinced Bear Bryant to leave Bama. She didn’t. It’s fucking Fresno, the Pullman of California.

Bingo. Jen got "Kalen, on behalf of the UW we would" out of her mouth b4 he said yes.

• PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    Lol… Fresno is way bigger than Pullman. It’s bigger than Tacoma and Spokane. It’s a shit hole but not THAT much of a shit hole. Bakersfield is worse
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club
    If you love the hire she's doing great. Return to glory on a budget during tough financial times for the athletic department

What more do you want?

She has one or two seasons to make enough money to keep him if he's great

If he sucks she's gone
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

Lol… Fresno is way bigger than Pullman. It’s bigger than Tacoma and Spokane. It’s a shit hole but not THAT much of a shit hole. Bakersfield is worse

If we are going to disrespect the home of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens and the birthplace of country music, I’m fucking out.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

If we are going to disrespect the home of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens and the birthplace of country music, I’m fucking out.
    This. I'll fight anyone who disparages Bakersfield. You pick the 7-11.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    TheHB said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

This. I'll fight anyone who disparages Bakersfield. You pick the 7-11.
    Alright, now I know who the board meth superiority guys are.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam