Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Will Make Up Kalen DeBoer's Coaching Staff & How Long Before We Know?

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    They only need to spend it if the assistants they hire can reasonably demand it.
  • Options

Went to the Michigan board and the mod says their was smoke about Courtney Morgan leaving Michigan. Also, they really don't wont him to go. Seems like a great hire. Now im just trying to figure out if Eklund had the first scoop on something for once, or if he stole this info from someone else.

I can’t see Morgan leaving unless he is getting a position coach job.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Went to the Michigan board and the mod says their was smoke about Courtney Morgan leaving Michigan. Also, they really don't wont him to go. Seems like a great hire. Now im just trying to figure out if Eklund had the first scoop on something for once, or if he stole this info from someone else.

If he's as good of a recruiter as his reputation assumes, then he probably should be a position coach
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It’s exactly how I read it through the lines. The only way to pry Morgan from his Alma Mater is to make him a position coach. I heard Ryan Grubb wasn’t bad as an OL coach at Eastern Mich and FST

I could totally see DeBoer swinging for the fences with Morgan as a Position Coach knowing they can mentor him on the job with Grubb.

For Morgan it legitimizes his future as a Position Coach and all he has to do is balls out recruit and improve his coaching craft.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Morgan was at FSU before Michigan. He’s already a DeBoner guy.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

They only need to spend it if the assistants they hire can reasonably demand it.

Is this where we rationalize not spending all the money we saved on the best staff in America?

Faggy wink

This AD reached and got played by Campbell's team. If they don't put every one of those (4+mil per left on the table) "very available" dollars into that assistant and advisory pool, this AD should just pack it up and LEAVE already.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Dawgman says Moore is coming in as TE coach so sounds like Adams is staying on the staff. Bye bye Cato.

I'm not thrilled about Adams but if it keeps Bernard on our commit list by holding on to him for a year, then whatever. DeBoer could always put the WRs and TEs together a lot during practice and have Moore actually coach them
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dawgman says Moore is coming in as TE coach so sounds like Adams is staying on the staff. Bye bye Cato.

Fuck.

I've been an Adams believer but not after this season. He sucks.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Adams is like Huff… he brings in 4 star players that look promising but they never look great on the field.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Adams is like Huff… he brings in 4 star players that look promising but they never look great on the field.

If any room is going to be very good to elite under this staff it'll be the WRs. It's the same as Jimmy was with DBs.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fuck.

Nobody would look good under John Don but he's proven to be a really good recruiter. I'm not worried. WRs will flourish in this system and Deboer was a WR himself. That would be totally fine. They'll get coached up and produce.
    It seems you are ok based on two premises:

1. He does recruit pretty well, we think.
    2. He won't hurt the WR room and offense with his shitty coaching because the staff is extremely WR and offense friendly.

I guess I agree. But on the other hand I don't. I'm not sure. I want the whole Lake stain washed away.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

Nobody would look good under John Don but he's proven to be a really good recruiter. I'm not worried. WRs will flourish in this system and Deboer was a WR himself. That would be totally fine. They'll get coached up and produce.

2. He won't hurt the WR room and offense with his shitty coaching because the staff is extremely WR and offense friendly.

I guess I agree. But on the other hand I don't. I'm not sure. I want the whole Lake stain washed away.
    It gets rid of the guy that suggested Jon Donovan. Purify with bleach.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

Let's review... Adams has recruited Puka (high 4 star) who was mainly mediocre here outside of a few flashes but looks really good at BYU. He also recruited four stars Jalen McMillan, Rome Odunze, Jabez Tinae and Germie Bernard, and three stars Sawyer Raccanelli (fan favorite but hasn't done shit on the field) and Denzell Boston... also portaled in Giles Jackson, 4 star who flashed at Michigan and is a pretty damn good returner even in this shitty 4-8 season, and Polk who made some plays in the only two games he played in and looked decent as a Freshman at Texas tech.
    DeBoer, who emphasizes recruiting first and foremost with his staff picks, probably looks at this record (five highly regarded 4 stars, three decent 3 stars) and thinks... yeah I can work with this guy.

Not to mention he coached Cooper Kupp at eastern washington, who is having a monster season in the NFL and could break the Calvin Johnson single-season receiving yards record.

There's plenty on his resume to indicate he's a good coach who just struggled to shine in the maelstrom of suck with Lake and Donovan.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Fuck.

If it helps prevent the current freshmen/sophomores from portaling out, then it makes sense.

If Adams sucks after 2-3 years, he can be fired
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

He did get handed a pretty raw deal. Kirby's a damn good WR coach, I bet he'll be the PGC in addition to being the TE coach as well. It's a group effort. Junior's recruiting is probably worth it. I'll LIPO on this one.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Instead of having 2 DB coaches we have 2 WR coaches. I think that’s going to be fine.