Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hiring a HC that "needs to hire a home run DC and Manical Recruiters".....

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
If you like this hire are you taking crazy pills..... what in the E.L.F

Your not going to get manical recruiters unless the HC is leading the damn charge which no one has said Deboer does. At least home run hires at DC are a dime a dozen to find.

Jen Cowen pinned her career on a guy that has 18 games as a D1 coach, and if wasn't on the West Coast at Fresno wouldn't have been given a 1st thought, let alone 2nd look.

This hire was 1000% based on hope that KD is able to offensively outscheme through formation and design teams ala what Chip did at Oregon.

Here's the issue with that. What Chip did hadn't been seen in CFB outside West Virginia and not to the speed he ran it at. What KB runs is 10 years old and used in one way or the other by 3/4ths of college football.

Plus he is now going to walk into living rooms and try to sell the exact same Offense as some guy down at SC named Lincoln Riley. The guy whose went to the playoffs with it 3 times in 6 years. That should work out really well.

Can't wait to see 4 wides in November with rain and wind coming off the Lake. Throwing in those conditions should be a treat.

I'd rather have a hotshot OC/DC coordinator from a top 10-15 school getting their first chance than this. (I miss Woodward more every day.)

This has 8 win Kaleb written all over it. He's Justin Wilcox only flip the issues from shitty offense to shitty defense.

I thought after going to Michigan and seeing how big boy schools and fan bases do it, I was over getting pissed at UW for not caring about results on the field, and just go for the tailgating.

After today's shit outcome the anger is still there for me.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Are you implying a good coach should be able to just pick names out of a hat and do well with whatever coaching staff he has?
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,289

You need good recruiters as assistants? So would Campbell, Aranda, and even Stoops. Fans are rooting for good assistants so that means it’s a failure?

We? don't learn.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Your not going to get manical recruiters unless the HC is leading the damn charge which no one has said Deboer does. At least home run hires at DC are a dime a dozen to find.

Jen Cowen pinned her career on a guy that has 18 games as a D1 coach, and if wasn't on the West Coast at Fresno wouldn't have been given a 1st thought, let alone 2nd look.

This hire was 1000% based on hope that KD is able to offensively outscheme through formation and design teams ala what Chip did at Oregon.

Here's the issue with that. What Chip did hadn't been seen in CFB outside West Virginia and not to the speed he ran it at. What KB runs is 10 years old and used in one way or the other by 3/4ths of college football.

Plus he is now going to walk into living rooms and try to sell the exact same Offense as some guy down at SC named Lincoln Riley. The guy whose went to the playoffs with it 3 times in 6 years. That should work out really well.

Can't wait to see 4 wides in November with rain and wind coming off the Lake. Throwing in those conditions should be a treat.

I'd rather have a hotshot OC/DC coordinator from a top 10-15 school getting their first chance than this. (I miss Woodward more every day.)

This has 8 win Kaleb written all over it. He's Justin Wilcox only flip the issues from shitty offense to shitty defense.

I thought after going to Michigan and seeing how big boy schools and fan bases do it, I was over getting pissed at UW for not caring about results on the field, and just go for the tailgating.

Those are not complete paragraphs
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737
    I don't see DeBoer as an "offensive guy." He's clearly from that side of the ball but it's not like he's some huge innovator or his explosive offenses are why he was hired.

What he runs on the field usually has answers for the QB and is pretty effective and smart.

But he's hired because he's also a good program manager and has been successful in a variety of venues.

His teams play well overall.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    UW just tried the hotshot coordinator route and it was ass lol.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did this guy just literally ask to hire Sark again?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    godawgst said:

The most valuable coaching commodity in football is somebody who can develop a QB. That's why Lincoln Riley just got 9 digits and why @KkkliffKkklingsbury of all people is not only coaching in the NFL but succeeding. Those guys don't know shit about defense either.

UW just went out and hired a HC that gives us the ability to develop a QB which is the one thing we haven't had since RN. He's also won national championships (3 in 4 years) at lower levels which suggests he can manage a program much better than RN did.

Three are no guarantees but this is a home run swing. DeBoer's upside is the next QB guru/offensive hotshot. And if he becomes that guy recruiting won't be that difficult. Elite QBs care about development more than any other position and elite QB's impact other recruits more than any other position.

I hate Jen Cohen with all that I am and I don't think for a minute she wanted DeBoer over Wilcox or other failures. But the boosters pushed this in the right direction and we got a guy we should be excited about.

There are no guarantees. There never are. But DeBoer not only checks a lot of boxes, he checks the most important ones.

Winners win.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,289

You need good recruiters as assistants? So would Campbell, Aranda, and even Stoops. Fans are rooting for good assistants so that means it’s a failure?

We? don't learn.
    You still pining for Mora?
    Not as much as you doogs thinking Lake was the next coming and now DeBoer -- lather, rinse, repeat.

Am sure you doogs still think Sark was the better hire than Mora.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    godawgst said:

DISAGREE