Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sizzle over Steak Jack Doogs

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
I'm more confident than ever Deboer will work out because of the widespread negative reaction to the hire by the Jack doogs wanting to tweet about some SIZZLE.

The Kim's and BDTWs of the world are devastated right now. Don't be those guys.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    We got pretty much everything we wanted in a coach except for a big name that would make the top 10 articles on ESPN dot cum for 1 day.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Lots of reasons to be optimistic about DeBoer … also reasons for concern

Personally, I have less concerns and think Campbell had a higher ceiling

There’s no guarantee either would be successful or to what levels
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

For a guy who loves to blast out ANALysis, would love to hear how Campbell has a higher ceiling. He's Sark without Drugs. He's the defintion of 8-5 (danger zone for keeping a guy too long).

Let's find out if Deboer's record translates to the big leagues and can his ass if he fails spectacularly.
    This.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

For a guy who loves to blast out ANALysis, would love to hear how Campbell has a higher ceiling. He's Sark without Drugs. He's the defintion of 8-5 (danger zone for keeping a guy too long).

Let's find out if Deboer's record translates to the big leagues and can his ass if he fails spectacularly.
    I’m not going to rehash why I think Campbell was the better option

It’s clear that those that put together our list prioritized Campbell as the 1A option to DeBoer’s 1B

We’ll see if you’re right because I’d expect Campbell to be the next Notre Dame head coach … I have a sneaky feeling he won’t be a consistent 8-5 there
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    @DerekJohnson is it possible to track the amount of screenshots taken in a given month since HardcoreHusky's inception?

November 2021 is going to be a strong contender, ewiwbi.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Because you can't defend a coach who only popped off in a covid year, wouldn't take 7.5 mil because he has no desire to leave the midwest, let alone recruit in the Pac.

And didn't come close to getting to his title game with the same roster, a weaker Oklahoma, and a dumpster fire Texas team in his conference.
    Don't forget 0-6 vs. hated in state rival Iowa. Thats damning. You would figure an ELITE coach would have beaten Ferentz at least once.
    Doog legend Kirk Ferentz
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    dnc said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Because you can't defend a coach who only popped off in a covid year, wouldn't take 7.5 mil because he has no desire to leave the midwest, let alone recruit in the Pac.

And didn't come close to getting to his title game with the same roster, a weaker Oklahoma, and a dumpster fire Texas team in his conference.
    Don't forget 0-6 vs. hated in state rival Iowa. Thats damning. You would figure an ELITE coach would have beaten Ferentz at least once.
    Doog legend Kirk Ferentz
    Rename the 2021 B10 championship game "The Doog Legend Bowl"