Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Warren Moon Gives Thoughts on Russell Wilson

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited June 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageWarren Moon Gives Thoughts on Russell Wilson

Former Husky and Seahawk Warren Moon recently expressed his appreciation for Seattle's rising young star, Russell Wilson.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    2012 was a great year for rookie qb's. Luck, RG III, and Wilson all had great seasons. It will be interesting to see how these guys do this season.

The defense played a big role in Seattle's success last year. I'm guessing that Carroll was the real driver on that side of the ball and that the loss of Gus Bradley won't slow them down, but haven't seen much in the way of discussion about this. Any feel one way or the other?
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

2012 was a great year for rookie qb's. Luck, RG III, and Wilson all had great seasons. It will be interesting to see how these guys do this season.

The defense played a big role in Seattle's success last year. I'm guessing that Carroll was the real driver on that side of the ball and that the loss of Gus Bradley won't slow them down, but haven't seen much in the way of discussion about this. Any feel one way or the other?

I've seen enough here to know if that RaceBannon guy feels one way I feel the other...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Explains how you manage to be wrong all the time
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Have the Seahawks thought about bringing Moon in as the QB coach? Would be great to see him roaming the sidelines.
    edited June 2013

Have the Seahawks thought about bringing Moon in as the QB coach? Would be great to see him roaming the sidelines.

I'm hearing Moon has been offered the Seahawks newly coined Chief Administrative Officer position and that he is considering it if the Seahawks agree to bring Michael Jackson on as his chief assistant in charge of linebacker development.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2013

If anyone knows about playing QB in Seattle, it's Warren Moon. He's a true Hawk and the coaching staff needs more guys who bleed blue and green.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I'm hearing Moon has been offered the Seahawks newly coined Chief Administrative Officer position and that he is considering it if the Seahawks agree to bring Michael Jackson on as his chief assistant in charge of linebacker development.

That'd be interesting....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/showbiz/jackson-death-trial
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    TommySQC said:

Once upon a time, Michael Jackson was black and played LB.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

TommySQC said:

You serious?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

You serious?
    There was the Michael Jackson who played for the Hawks in the 80s. He was normal. At least he looked and acted normal.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    THe only thing that can really hold Wilson back is his height. He has the arm, intelligence, leadership qualities and other intangibles IMO. A lot of the play calling was adjusted so it wasn't as much of a factor, but defenses adjust. So we'll see.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

You serious?

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

You serious?

Race Bannon has done it again!!1!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    UW should get Jackson back to coach linebackers. It would be great to have him roaming the sidelines. Little fun side note: back in the early 90s Jackson's brother (not Tito) worked as a mainframe computer operator at the company I worked for.
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

You serious?
    Really? Michael Jackson played on the same teams with Moon as an all PAC8/PAC10 Husky LB, then was drafted by the Seahawks and had a very solid NFL career. I really shouldn't have to explain these things to Husky fans, what the fuck has happened to our fanbase? :)

THe only thing that can really hold Wilson back is his height. He has the arm, intelligence, leadership qualities and other intangibles IMO. A lot of the play calling was adjusted so it wasn't as much of a factor, but defenses adjust. So we'll see.

Perzactly, and sometimes those NFL defensive adjustments = sophomore slump for young QB's. I think most of the standout rookie QB's last year will do fine this year, but either way, it will be interesting to see.