Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Coaching Carousel

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we settled like the small time loser program

Cliff notes you're welcome
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't get it. If rumors are to believed, UW just offered a 7-win coach what just last year was Nick Saban money, and he said no. How's that going cheap or not putting up a fight or whatever?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't get it. If rumors are to believed, UW just offered a 7-win coach what just last year was Nick Saban money, and he said no. How's that going cheap or not putting up a fight or whatever?

Because if money wasn’t an object, it came down to Jen selling the program to Campbell, and she failed
  • Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 145
    He recruited haener from UW did he not? Game changer
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Washington isn't going to compete with Oregon and USC when it comes to recruiting, so they need a coach that can develop and out scheme people because they will be at a talent disadvantage. Kalen looks like a guy that can do that, which is why is the hire has a chance to work. Have to give the guy a chance and hope for the best.

Nope ... replace Oregon with UCLA and that is how it was in the 80s

It's not about beating them in recruiting, it's about making sure that you recruit well enough that your internal development and game day coaching can close the gap.

If you don't recruit well enough to keep the gap close enough, it doesn't matter how good of a coach you have
    Tequila, may I suggest you start reading the posts before responding?
    Meant Yep ... not nope

And nope, editing function is overrated
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Because if money wasn’t an object, it came down to Jen selling the program to Campbell, and she failed
    This. The boosters came through. Jen once again demonstrated she's tremendously out of her depth
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It seems like a decent hire to me on face value
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AOG said:

He isn't coaching Central. HTH.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

How many people were offered or approached with a 7-$8m/year contract? She probably just went down the list that was on every website, same list that Kim and Ruth had. And paid money to get that list from a consulting firm.

It’s not a question of cheapness, it’s more lack of creativity, , preparedness, networking and persistence. Don’t tell me that Lake getting fired came out of left field. He lost to fucking Montana, search should’ve started right then.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516

AOG said:

He isn't coaching Central. HTH.
    Yup. But the games are over in 2 1/2 hours and I don't hear anything about the fucking world class UW physicians
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

doogville said:

The Campbell obsession is some jilted lover bullshit.

Dude has as many flags as DeBoer. Took a top-10, senior laden team, and went 7-5. I appreciated Teq’s dissertation on why his 5 losses this year weren’t actually bad (reminded me of Hugh giving an “A” grade to Locker’s 3 of 22 performance against Nebraska) - but give me a break. Dude royally flamed out this year.

AND he’s clearly fine riding it out in Ames fucking Iowa. It’s not just Washington he’s turning down. More power to him, but I’d rather have a coach who wants to win national titles and is hungry to move up the ladder.

His hire would have “won the presser,” which would be nice on the heels of Lincoln. But a few weeks later… who cares?

We need a coach who can develop talent and win games. KD has as good a chance to be that as anyone. We’ll see.

But LFG. I blow for Deboner.

Great post. I too have struggled to see why so many saw Campbell as so much better than DeBoner. I had it the exact other way. 79-9 beats the shit out of Campbell. Campbell had plenty of warts.

DeBoner Donor Fan Club Founder. DDFCF for short.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

He will get the same money somewhere else. He might not want to live in shitty Seattle. Can't blame him.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

doogville said:

The Campbell obsession is some jilted lover bullshit.

Dude has as many flags as DeBoer. Took a top-10, senior laden team, and went 7-5. I appreciated Teq’s dissertation on why his 5 losses this year weren’t actually bad (reminded me of Hugh giving an “A” grade to Locker’s 3 of 22 performance against Nebraska) - but give me a break. Dude royally flamed out this year.

AND he’s clearly fine riding it out in Ames fucking Iowa. It’s not just Washington he’s turning down. More power to him, but I’d rather have a coach who wants to win national titles and is hungry to move up the ladder.

His hire would have “won the presser,” which would be nice on the heels of Lincoln. But a few weeks later… who cares?

We need a coach who can develop talent and win games. KD has as good a chance to be that as anyone. We’ll see.

But LFG. I blow for Deboner.

Great post. I too have struggled to see why so many saw Campbell as so much better than DeBoner. I had it the exact other way. 79-9 beats the shit out of Campbell. Campbell had plenty of warts.

DeBoner Donor Fan Club Founder. DDFCF for short.
    Hopefully our DeBoner is wart-free.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jen thought 7 million was a big offer

Losers lose

UW wasn't getting anyone
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    Justin could you grab Badge and step into my office.