Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Current buzz - momentum building for Hafley

2»

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coach Halsey at least has had a strong running game this year, though I think a lot of that comes down to just having a talented tailback who doesn't go down on first contact every time
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

He has really improved BC's recruiting but why is BC doing worse this year, in Hafley's 2nd season, than BC did last year?

I'm concerned Cohen (or people advising her) are focusing on coaches coming from good academic schools like Boston College and Wake Forest rather than hiring the best fit for the job. Petersen came from Boise State and Don James came from Kent State so who cares if Campbell comes from Iowa State, DeBoer from Fresno State, and Aranda from Baylor?

For instance, one of the draws of HWSNBN is that he coached at Stanford and Notre Dame but he was a total disaster.

In short, JUST WIN BABY.

An academic first coach is what upper campus demands.

The fans forget who Cohen's boss is.

It isn't the FB fans.

Not the boosters.

Its the President.

She couldn't give a shit what the fans and boosters think of Cohen. Nada.

Why? Her bosses are the regents and they give no fucks about FB, fans or boosters.

But they sure give a shit about having scandal free athletic department that pulls its weight academically.

For 2 decades we have paid among the highest coach bonuses for various FB academic bebchmarks (team GPA, graduation rate, etc). Maybe even the highest. Even assistants get those bonuses. Thats where Jimmy's idiotic academic prowess bullshit came from. Upper campus's mandate.

Its why I miss Pete. His offense sucked. He made shitty game decisions. He kept deadwood assistants around too long but he kept upper campus happy while winning games.

If we get a rape covering up, grade fudging, blind eye to money for gun collections coach again they will shut the fucking program down. Cook it.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

He has really improved BC's recruiting but why is BC doing worse this year, in Hafley's 2nd season, than BC did last year?

I'm concerned Cohen (or people advising her) are focusing on coaches coming from good academic schools like Boston College and Wake Forest rather than hiring the best fit for the job. Petersen came from Boise State and Don James came from Kent State so who cares if Campbell comes from Iowa State, DeBoer from Fresno State, and Aranda from Baylor?

For instance, one of the draws of HWSNBN is that he coached at Stanford and Notre Dame but he was a total disaster.

In short, JUST WIN BABY.

An academic first coach is what upper campus demands.

The fans forget who Cohen's boss is.

It isn't the FB fans.

Not the boosters.

Its the President.

She couldn't give a shit what the fans and boosters think of Cohen. Nada.

Why? Her bosses are the regents and they give no fucks about FB, fans or boosters.

But they sure give a shit about having scandal free athletic department that pulls its weight academically.

For 2 decades we have paid among the highest coach bonuses for various FB academic bebchmarks (team GPA, graduation rate, etc). Maybe even the highest. Even assistants get those bonuses. Thats where Jimmy's idiotic academic prowess bullshit came from. Upper campus's mandate.

Its why I miss Pete. His offense sucked. He made shitty game decisions. He kept deadwood assistants around too long but he kept upper campus happy while winning games.

If we get a rape covering up, grade fudging, blind eye to money for gun collections coach again they will shut the fucking program down. Cook it.
    What program?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2021
    Well you guys took my attempt at humor and shit all over it with serious hawt talk. Ok. Let it be.

I'm not so sure you? guysms don't exaggerate this point just a little bit too much. I think part of the motivation is that it gives you something at which to point and be able to say, "There! Right there is the problem! If only we got rid of those people, ...."

But it's not that simple. Sure, upper campus egg heads can be a problem. Always have been. #Gerbs4ever. And, frankly, there isn't a school in the country in today's woke culture that's going to put up with the shit that used to happen routinely back in my day as an undercover CUOG! lurking around Montlake.

The real truth is that everybody wants everybody to be happy, and the UW brass is keenly aware that the football program has a following. The problem is, the right coach and the right staff is luck as much as trying hard. Timing & openings are one huge variable, and then, as we've seen time and time again, who winds up working out is often very hard to predict. You just don't know, and more often than not, lightning in a bottle doesn't happen twice.

U Texas is every bit as academis as UW (some might argue more so), and they would kill their mothers to get somebody to make them dominant again. And look how they've fared. Save your energy and just cross your fingers extra hard that they? get make the right call.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Leave Wilcox take the cannoli

• Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

UW brass is keenly aware that the football program has a following.

"aware"
    "care"
    Two totally different things. Really ....google it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

UW brass is keenly aware that the football program has a following.

"aware"
    "care"
    Two totally different things. Really ....google it.
    I am aware, but I don’t care.