Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cougs -1

ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614
Someone talk me out of betting the entire account on the cougs

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    In 2015 UW was 5-6, cuog had just barely missed out on the North missing a fg against Stanford, and UW still ran them over.

They've lost to every team with more talent than them outside of ASU who turned it over like 4 times in a half. This includes aids ridden SC obviously.

Should be a good game and why bet on what's probably going to come down to flukey turnovers.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

In 2015 UW was 5-6, cuog had just barely missed out on the North missing a fg against Stanford, and UW still ran them over.

They've lost to every team with more talent than them outside of ASU who turned it over like 4 times in a half. This includes aids ridden SC obviously.

Should be a good game and why bet on what's probably going to come down to flukey turnovers.

This would be a coug it if epic proportions. This is a bad uw team. Probably will be a shit game That ends with wazzu storming the field. -1 is good value still.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is their one shot

You know they are gonna blow it
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

haie said:

This would be a coug it if epic proportions. This is a bad uw team. Probably will be a shit game That ends with wazzu storming the field. -1 is good value still.
    They're 1-3 against more talented teams, one who is worse than UW (SC). ASU was a freakshow, UW isn't going to implode like that 2 games in a row. Their other wins, they beat Beavlet (really) close, and beat Cal down pretty good whereas we got lucky. Stanford who we know is terrible lost to them on the road by a field goal.

Seems obvious to everyone to just run the ball at UW but it probably comes down to picks from DeLaura vs Huard/Morris. I think they will have to throw the ball a decent amount which they tend to do no matter the opponent. They don't have a White/Charbonnet type of back.

I haven't watched them much but it seems like DeLaura is awesome one game and mostly turnover prone the next. More of a toss-up than it looks because UW has found ways to lose in the end.

Big question is Huard obviously.
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    Anyone who thinks we? are winning this one is delusional. We’ve got nothing. Reminds me of the Polish football team who still failed to score following their opponents’ forfeit.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I think UW takes this and I don't have a good reason why (I have thought they would lose the past few weeks as well).
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    SkipBoyd said:

Anyone who thinks we? are winning this one is delusional. We’ve got nothing. Reminds me of the Polish football team who still failed to score following their opponents’ forfeit.

Our team is a contemptible group of losers. But there is nothing more dependable than the cuogs squandering their rare opportunity for success, and they're especially adept at pissing themselves when UW is involved.

One of those things has to give.
  • PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    SkipBoyd said:

Counterpoint: its the cougs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,649 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Someone talk me out of betting the entire account on the cougs

BTW, this actor's character in Safety Not Guaranteed would be a perfect poster for Hardcore Husky. He'd fit right in.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614
    haie said:

Lol
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,614
    haie said:

haie said:

They're 1-3 against more talented teams, one who is worse than UW (SC). ASU was a freakshow, UW isn't going to implode like that 2 games in a row. Their other wins, they beat Beavlet (really) close, and beat Cal down pretty good whereas we got lucky. Stanford who we know is terrible lost to them on the road by a field goal.

Seems obvious to everyone to just run the ball at UW but it probably comes down to picks from DeLaura vs Huard/Morris. I think they will have to throw the ball a decent amount which they tend to do no matter the opponent. They don't have a White/Charbonnet type of back.

I haven't watched them much but it seems like DeLaura is awesome one game and mostly turnover prone the next. More of a toss-up than it looks because UW has found ways to lose in the end.

Big question is Huard obviously.
    Jfc